PDA

View Full Version : syncing iCloud contacts with gmail

greganpace
Sep 19, 2013, 03:37 PM
So I got a galaxy s4 to use as a second phone, and I can not figure out the easiest way to sync my contacts.

I want to sync my contacts to gmail. and then from there to the s4, but I have not previously had my contacts synced to gmail. I assumed that turning on this sync function in mail, contacts, calendars -> gmail account -> contacts now turned on (green) would add all of my existing iCloud contacts to the gmail account, but it appears to only sync a new contact.

How do I copy the existing contacts in my iCloud and sync them to my gmail?

Inframan
Sep 19, 2013, 03:49 PM
If you know how to use Excel you can purchase this App in the Mac App store, its Called Export Contacts, its like $2.99 and worth every penny. It Links up to your iContacts and you can download all of your contacts into Excel. In Excel you can Adjust all of your contacts to have Proper Case, You Can trim any Unnecessary Spacing in-between words, and a lot of other things. For a large Contact list it was ideal for me to edit it all in Excel and then I Saved it as a CSV File and imported it into my iContacts on my Mac. Works Great & you can just keep a back up copy of your contacts on your desk top. I hope this helps a bit.

C DM
Sep 19, 2013, 04:06 PM
You should be able to go to iCloud's website on a computer, export/download contacts from there, then go to Gmail and upload/import those contacts there.

greganpace
Sep 19, 2013, 11:38 PM
You should be able to go to iCloud's website on a computer, export/download contacts from there, then go to Gmail and upload/import those contacts there.

I did this and I'd worked like a charm. Thank you so much!