PDA

View Full Version : iOS7 Notification center - strange "spots"

djr7572
Sep 19, 2013, 04:12 PM
Running iOS7 and seeing strange light spots or weird pixelation when I pull down the Notification Center (see photos). Is this normal? It's almost like I'm seeing the app icons behind the Notification Center. I wonder if it has to do with the wallpaper that's currently set (it's an iOS7 native wallpaper)? I did a re-boot and that didn't change anything.

Sirious
Sep 19, 2013, 04:14 PM
Running iOS7 and seeing strange light spots or weird pixelation when I pull down the Notification Center (see photos). Is this normal? It's almost like I'm seeing the app icons behind the Notification Center. I wonder if it has to do with the wallpaper that's currently set (it's an iOS7 native wallpaper)? I did a re-boot and that didn't change anything.

I can see what you mean, but I doubt there is anything that can be done about it.
Probably just the way iOS handles the blur effect.

matttye
Sep 19, 2013, 04:15 PM
"It's almost like I'm seeing the app icons behind the Notification Center."

That's exactly what you're seeing - it's part of the GUI.

C DM
Sep 19, 2013, 04:17 PM
It's by design. You see a somewhat blurred version of what's under the notification center (basically the screen that you were on when you brought down the curtain) when you bring it down. So on different screens it will look somewhat differently. If you don't want that you can enable the increase contrast option in accessibility settings and that will make it just plain black all the time.

WeegieMac
Sep 19, 2013, 04:17 PM
Notification Center has some translucency which shows the app icons below albeit blurred as if looking through a filter. Completely normal part of iOS 7. ;)

djr7572
Sep 19, 2013, 04:22 PM
I can see what you mean, but I doubt there is anything that can be done about it.
Probably just the way iOS handles the blur effect.

It's probably a normal effect, like you said. I'm not seeing it anywhere else except when Notification Center is pulled down. It's not particularly bothersome, it just seemed odd.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

----------

Thanks everybody! Much appreciated! :)

----------

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Much appreciated :)

Blorzoga
Sep 19, 2013, 04:22 PM
It's probably a normal effect, like you said. I'm not seeing it anywhere else except when Notification Center is pulled down. It's not particularly bothersome, it just seemed odd.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

----------

Thanks everybody! Much appreciated! :)

Try opening facetime. You see your blurry self moving around the screen

djr7572
Sep 19, 2013, 04:29 PM
Try opening facetime. You see your blurry self moving around the screen

You're right ... trippy :)