PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] Music App Crashing/Won't Open on 4S in ios7

kthack
Sep 19, 2013, 04:37 PM
I'm having issues with the music app in iOS7, basically the app won't open. I have a 4S 16gb, when I go to open the music app it opens a blank white window which stays open for a good 20 sec without doing anything, and then it just goes back to the home screen. I've tried rebooting the phone, playing around with the settings in the app, etc but no luck. I do have iTunes Match. It also works fine on my iPad 2. Any ideas? Anyone else having the same issue?

ds705
Sep 19, 2013, 04:40 PM
you might just have to do a restore

lewismayell
Dec 18, 2013, 08:56 AM
you might just have to do a restore

I have the same problem, if I have to restore would the back up I use give me the same problem? Or will I just have ti start again and put everything on manually?

melissapete24
Dec 18, 2013, 09:04 AM
If you restore from the latest backup, and the latest backup was from AFTER you started having problems, you'd probably still have the same issue because that backup is essentially a shorthand code for a "clone" of your current machine, so to speak. However, if you have several backups, and you have one from BEFORE you started having these issues, then you could try to restore from that. If the problem still persists, or if you don't have a restore from before you had the issue, then you will have to start fresh. I know it's a pain. :( I hope this helps you out. Good luck!

Altis
Dec 18, 2013, 11:29 AM
Welcome to iOS 7 ;)

My music app gets buggy and slowly crashes, but not as bad as yours.

A full restore is a good start. It's too bad you can't just go back to iOS 6 when it worked.

You can also try a third party app, such as Denon Music.