PDA

View Full Version : No App store update notifications?

Chimom79
Sep 19, 2013, 04:39 PM
Since updating to iOS 7 (iPad 3), Im not getting notified when I have app store updates, is that a common issue right now? I tried to search if it had been discussed but it wasn't pulling anything up. Ive just been manually going to app store and seeing I have updates.

C DM
Sep 19, 2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah, the store is having issues since yesterday. Hopefully Apple will sort it out sometime soon.

Max(IT)
Sep 19, 2013, 04:42 PM
Do you have the automatic update enabled ?

Chimom79
Sep 19, 2013, 04:52 PM

No, I thought that was to just update the apps automatically, not just to let me know I HAVE updates. I like to update manually, but it used to let me know when the updates are available.

Max(IT)
Sep 19, 2013, 05:01 PM
No, I thought that was to just update the apps automatically, not just to let me know I HAVE updates. I like to update manually, but it used to let me know when the updates are available.

I asked just because I did notice that with automatic update enabled the update notifications are not showed as a number on the icon.

C DM
Sep 19, 2013, 05:03 PM
No, I thought that was to just update the apps automatically, not just to let me know I HAVE updates. I like to update manually, but it used to let me know when the updates are available.Yeah, it's essentially store/server issues, unrelated to automatic updates or anything like that.

Chimom79
Sep 19, 2013, 05:03 PM
Ok, thanks you guys! ;-)

dukebound85
Sep 19, 2013, 05:15 PM

Where is this setting?

watchthisspace
Sep 19, 2013, 05:17 PM
Where is this setting?

Settings > iTunes and App Store then scroll down to Automatic downloads

dukebound85
Sep 21, 2013, 11:13 PM
:confused:

Settings > iTunes and App Store then scroll down to Automatic downloads

I have that on. Doen't work as I still manually update. I thought this auto downloads apps to your other devices, not keeps them continually updated though

ritmomundo
Sep 21, 2013, 11:49 PM
I found a workaround solution for the App Store not showing the apps that need updating.

1) Make sure the App Store is completely closed (swipe it off the multitask switcher)
2) Open the App Store and go to the Updates pane.
3) Push the sleep button on your phone -> sleep
4) push the sleep button again to wake it up, then unlock your device
5) The list should show the updates now, as normal. If not, try again from #1.

Worked for me just now. I had 11 updates pending, but they didn't update automatically, and they didn't show in the update list until I did the method I outlined above.