PDA

View Full Version : No frosted glass effect on panels?

fillilutten
Sep 19, 2013, 05:01 PM
Im running ios 7 on ipad 3 and iPhone 4, installed GM seed manually from iTunes about a week ago. Non of them has the frosted glass effect. But my friend that installed ios 7 when launched, has - on his iPhone 4S, the frosted glass effect. Why is this? It looks so much better with this effect.

Thanks in advance
Filli

C DM
Sep 19, 2013, 05:06 PM
As I recall iPhone 4 doesn't support some of the visual effects, like blurring/translucency, parallax, etc.

dylzen
Sep 19, 2013, 05:08 PM
I'm quite sure it's disabled on iPhone 4 because of the older hardware and less processing power. I thought iPad 3 had all the graphics effects though...

joejoejoe
Sep 19, 2013, 05:12 PM
Im running ios 7 on ipad 3 and iPhone 4, installed GM seed manually from iTunes about a week ago. Non of them has the frosted glass effect. But my friend that installed ios 7 when launched, has - on his iPhone 4S, the frosted glass effect. Why is this? It looks so much better with this effect.

Thanks in advance
Filli

Apple has unfortunately reserved this for iPad 4 and above, and iPhone 4S and above. You're one model behind for both.

----------

I'm quite sure it's disabled on iPhone 4 because of the older hardware and less processing power. I thought iPad 3 had all the graphics effects though...

iPad 3 isn't quite as sparse as iPhone 4 when it comes to these features, but it's not as full fledged as iPad 4.

Stetrain
Sep 19, 2013, 05:19 PM
The blur/transparency effect is only on the iPhone 4S and above, iPad 4, iPad Mini, 5th gen touch.

Older devices don't have the graphics power to run that effect.

Carlanga
Sep 19, 2013, 05:20 PM
is because your iOS7 is more flat.... lol

and older device

fillilutten
Sep 19, 2013, 05:26 PM
Thanks all for your replays. Think it's so strange why they left it out on ipad 3! I understand the hardware restrictions in iPhone 4. But if the 4S can handle it the ipad 3 would definitely manage. Sad because it looks bad without the effect.

zbarvian
Sep 19, 2013, 05:38 PM
Even on my iPad mini the keyboard isn't translucent, though everything else is. I think the keyboard looks way better without smears of random color anyways. Sometimes I wish I could pick and choose what is blurred and what isn't, because it helps overall performance and some elements look plain better.

Stetrain
Sep 20, 2013, 05:48 AM
Thanks all for your replays. Think it's so strange why they left it out on ipad 3! I understand the hardware restrictions in iPhone 4. But if the 4S can handle it the ipad 3 would definitely manage. Sad because it looks bad without the effect.

The problem is that the iPad 3 has a very large screen resolution compared to its processing power. The 4S has a much smaller screen resolution that it has to handle the effects on.