PDA

View Full Version : All types of iOS 7 wonkiness

pinkoos
Sep 19, 2013, 05:24 PM
1. Music app/iTunes Match - not loading all album art (on my iPhone and one of my kids' touches. My wife's iPhone and other kid's touch is fine).

2. Music app/iTunes Match - sometimes when I pick a song to play, it skips through the titles of all the following songs on that album and then goes back to the song list without playing anything. But, then, the songlist has all the cloud icons appear and if I pick the same song again, it starts to play it.

3. App Store - the Automatic Download setting is not working. If I buy an app on my iPhone, it would immediately start loading on my kids' touches. With iOS 7, it doesn't do that (and, yes, the setting is on). But, it seemed to have started working on one of the kids' touches this morning, but not the other (and it doesn't correspond to the touch that has album art working).

4. App Store - in iOS 6, we weren't asked for the password if reloading an app that had been previously loaded but deleted. In iOS 7, if I or my kids are trying to load a previously loaded app, it asks for the password.

5. Messages - on at least one of my kids' touches, he keeps getting logged out of iMessage. I had created separate Apple IDs for both kids specifically for iMessage, FaceTime and Game Center. I logged them into these respective apps/accounts and then turned restrictions on and didn't allow account changes. This worked fine in iOS 6. However, in iOS 7, they keep getting logged out for some reason and then they can't even log back in b/c restrictions are on and won't let them. So, then I have to go into restrictions, allow account changes, log them back into iMessage then go back to restrictions, dis-allow account changes and then pray and hope that they don't get logged out again.

Anyway, I'm sure there are a few more things I'm forgetting to mention, but the above have kept me busy lately trying to troubleshoot.

By the way, I love iOS 7.

Iphone5preorder
Sep 19, 2013, 05:27 PM
Having problem number 4 too. Annoying. It's apple though, they will patch all this I'm sure.

SanjeevRana
Sep 19, 2013, 07:20 PM
#4 does not happen to me ... if you delete an app ... just need to refresh the App Store view for the app (search it again) and you would see a Cloud download button instead of INSTALL ... then no prompt would come

Velin
Sep 19, 2013, 07:24 PM
Read my posting in the iPad forum. I did a factory reset and clean install of iOS7 on my 3rd gen iPad, it made a big performance difference and reduced many errors I was having.