PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] What happened to the share widget?

michael31986
Sep 19, 2013, 06:24 PM
I loved updating facebook by pulling down the notification bar! :(

Purex
Sep 19, 2013, 06:26 PM
Its Gone Officialy

michael31986
Sep 19, 2013, 06:39 PM
Ugh!

dictoresno
Sep 19, 2013, 06:40 PM
this has been discussed like 40000 times since the first beta.

you can still access twitter and facebook quick uploads from any share sheet in ios 7.

michael31986
Sep 19, 2013, 06:54 PM
what is a share sheet?

Badrottie
Sep 19, 2013, 06:58 PM
I loved updating facebook by pulling down the notification bar! :(

Yeah me too and I am very disappointed!! I hate to open FB or Twitter app to leave quick message! :apple:

dictoresno
Sep 19, 2013, 07:01 PM
what is a share sheet?

when you want to upload a pic to facebook or twitter, you can tap the icon which brings up the share sheet, which looks like this. it wont do statuses but will do pics + caption.

http://images.techhive.com/images/article/2013/09/05-multi-share-100054452-large.png

lsutigerfan1976
Sep 19, 2013, 07:25 PM
this has been discussed like 40000 times since the first beta.

you can still access twitter and facebook quick uploads from any share sheet in ios 7.

That really doesn't help those who used the share widget to update their status etc often. It is a shame for those who used it often, that it is gone. Was a nifty little feature. Esp for those who updated both Facebook and Twitter simultaneously. You could simply copy your status and paste it on the other share widget. I used it religiously.

dictoresno
Sep 19, 2013, 08:28 PM
That really doesn't help those who used the share widget to update their status etc often. It is a shame for those who used it often, that it is gone. Was a nifty little feature. Esp for those who updated both Facebook and Twitter simultaneously. You could simply copy your status and paste it on the other share widget. I used it religiously.

i understand, but this is a close enough thing for people who at least want to post pics to FB or twitter.

Delta-NC
Sep 20, 2013, 04:59 AM
Not an idea solution, but you my wish to give my app a try, I created it because I didn't like the fact there was no quick way to share to both at the same time, copy and paste was fiidly and time consuming. My app is a "tap and type" solution to this. You can share to Twitter, Facebook or both at the same time, it supports adding images and can automatically format posts for each service (removing Hashtags from the Facebook post for example). Give it a try and if you like it please leave a review and spread the word :)

DoublePost (https://itunes.apple.com/app/doublepost/id655299042?mt=8)

Mods if this is seen as too "advertisey" feel free to remove it, but I feel it offers at least somewhat a bit of a solution to the missing share sheets. :)

The-Real-Deal82
Sep 20, 2013, 05:04 AM
It would have been nice to keep the Facebook and Twitter shortcuts in the pull down bar I have to say. I used them quite a bit and can't understand why they abandoned it? It was quite a big feature when iOS 6 was launched and Apple put a lot of emphasis on it, I got used to it and now its 'officially gone'. Not the end of the world but it would be nice to have the option to add it or remove it by way of personal choice.