PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR BUG in iOS 7

jwolf6589
Sep 19, 2013, 06:25 PM
Click on Visual VoiceMail and click on a VM. Next try and "Create a new Contact" from the VoiceMail and click save. It will take several minutes to save the contact which indicates a BUG. Anyone else experiencing this?

SandboxGeneral
Sep 19, 2013, 06:28 PM
I just followed your steps as outlined and it took about 20 seconds to complete - not minutes for me. Regardless, it could use an improvement.

jwolf6589
Sep 19, 2013, 06:36 PM
I just followed your steps as outlined and it took about 20 seconds to complete - not minutes for me. Regardless, it could use an improvement.

Just trying doing it again with another message and it locked up at first and next took a long time (maybe 30 seconds) to complete.... This is sluggish compared to iOS 6. Even 20s is slow compared to the 1 second it took in iOS 6.

SandboxGeneral
Sep 19, 2013, 06:37 PM
One thing that took several minutes, before I killed the phone app was clearing the 269 VM's in the deleted bin. That's one place I never think to go and clear out.

jwolf6589
Sep 19, 2013, 06:46 PM
One thing that took several minutes, before I killed the phone app was clearing the 269 VM's in the deleted bin. That's one place I never think to go and clear out.

Just cleared mine which had 80 messages and it took less than a minute. However the speed to create contacts is still sluggish. Maybe its just me but do you find the phone app severely lacking in iOS 7?

SandboxGeneral
Sep 19, 2013, 06:47 PM
Maybe its just me but do you find the phone app severely lacking in iOS 7?

I'm not really sure. What could it be missing? It can make and receive calls, VM's and access contacts, make favorites, see recent calls etc.. What more does it need?

C DM
Sep 19, 2013, 06:51 PM
Have you tried restarting the phone? Perhaps resetting all settings?

It could be a bug, but it might not be either. And even if it is, it's hardly major or serious or anything like that (especially considering everything still actually works, just might take a little longer in that one particular case).

jwolf6589
Sep 19, 2013, 06:53 PM
I'm not really sure. What could it be missing? It can make and receive calls, VM's and access contacts, make favorites, see recent calls etc.. What more does it need?

The phone buttons are smaller, and playing with Voice mails, deleting them, putting them on speaker, and creating contacts is more sluggish, and more hassles than in iOS 6.

----------

Have you tried restarting the phone? Perhaps resetting all settings?

It could be a bug, but it might not be either. And even if it is, it's hardly major or serious or anything like that (especially considering everything still actually works, just might take a little longer in that one particular case).

Yes I have reboot my phone. Do you have the problem as well?

SandboxGeneral
Sep 19, 2013, 06:53 PM
The phone buttons are smaller, and playing with Voice mails, deleting them, putting them on speaker, and creating contacts is more sluggish, and more hassles than in iOS 6.

I hadn't noticed. Though, I don't actually use the phone part of the iPhone very much.

jwolf6589
Sep 19, 2013, 06:56 PM

Apple never has had these features, but if you used a BlackBerry you would see a world of difference with the phone app. You can SAVE/FORWARD AS A TEXT MESSAGE/EMAIL VoiceMails, create notes for conversations, and do all kinds of things.

BB is weak in other areas, but it would be nice if iPhone could match it in the phone area.

----------

I hadn't noticed. Though, I don't actually use the phone part of the iPhone very much.

Whats the whole point of having one then? Is it not a Phone? Thats my first priority with the iPhone is the phone I mean why call it an iPhone?? Maybe Apple has lost sight of the basics and the man reason why people have iPhones.

LizKat
Sep 19, 2013, 07:00 PM
Maybe this thread could use a question mark in the title.

SandboxGeneral
Sep 19, 2013, 07:07 PM
Apple never has had these features, but if you used a BlackBerry you would see a world of difference with the phone app. You can SAVE/FORWARD AS A TEXT MESSAGE/EMAIL VoiceMails, create notes for conversations, and do all kinds of things.

BB is weak in other areas, but it would be nice if iPhone could match it in the phone area.

----------

Whats the whole point of having one then? Is it not a Phone? Thats my first priority with the iPhone is the phone I mean why call it an iPhone?? Maybe Apple has lost sight of the basics and the man reason why people have iPhones.

Meh. It's plenty good enough for my needs. I'm not against those other features being added, but I'm not going to lose sleep over not having them.

Rocko1
Sep 19, 2013, 07:31 PM
With my 5 it took 42 seconds, a bug for sure. Use the Apple Feedback to report it.

Deleting the same contact takes about 20 seconds.

jwolf6589
Sep 19, 2013, 07:32 PM
With my 5 it took 42 seconds, a bug for sure. Use the Apple Feedback to report it.

I did but me only wont do it.

Jare
Sep 19, 2013, 07:33 PM
Click on Visual VoiceMail and click on a VM. Next try and "Create a new Contact" from the VoiceMail and click save. It will take several minutes to save the contact which indicates a BUG. Anyone else experiencing this?

The only bug I see is this thread :eek:

Rocko1
Sep 19, 2013, 07:37 PM
The only bug I see is this thread :eek:

:rolleyes:

Bigdawg4
Sep 19, 2013, 07:42 PM

Just followed your instructions and mine created the contact almost instantly...I have a 5

chrf097
Sep 19, 2013, 07:52 PM

After 17 seconds I forced quit the app, but I noticed the contact was made anyways. So you can just force close the app after you tap it, the contact is made. Hopefully it'll be fixed.

PNutts
Sep 19, 2013, 08:12 PM
About 15 seconds. In Airplane Mode about 10 seconds. There are typically performance optimizations in the first few point releases.

joejoejoe
Sep 19, 2013, 08:47 PM

the sky must really be falling.

dago52
Sep 23, 2013, 02:55 PM
I notice when I try to delete messages out of the deleted folder, there is a big hang up. The "clear all" button does not highlight. And if i delete them one at a time, they just show back up in my voicemails. The visual voicemail is very buggy for me.