PDA

View Full Version : Wifi disabled after installing iOS7

acharlebois
Sep 19, 2013, 07:31 PM
Installed iOS 7 on iPhone 4S. All works well except the wifi cannot activated. If I go into settings - wifi, I cannot toggle the wifi switch at the on position. All worked well in iOS6!

Anybody got this issue and found a fix?

I tried restoring the network settings, restoring the unit. I am also trying a full restore from iTunes. Kind of out of options at this time.

Thanks!

benji888
Sep 19, 2013, 07:57 PM
hmmm, I thought it was because of how I went from iOS 6 to 7 beta to 6 to 7 beta again, but, first time I put iOS 7.0 (not beta) on my iPhone 5 it would connect to wifi, but could not establish an internet connection. Very strange. After several attempts I decided to start over. I put the iPhone in DFU mode and installed iOS 7 again, it was fine this time.

So, have you tried putting your iPhone in DFU mode, and restore it to iOS 7? If you're not sure what DFU mode is, I can post a how-to link.

Am3r1ca16
Sep 19, 2013, 08:11 PM
Installed iOS 7 on iPhone 4S. All works well except the wifi cannot activated. If I go into settings - wifi, I cannot toggle the wifi switch at the on position. All worked well in iOS6!

Anybody got this issue and found a fix?

I tried restoring the network settings, restoring the unit. I am also trying a full restore from iTunes. Kind of out of options at this time.

Thanks!

you mean the wifi is grayed out?

acharlebois
Sep 19, 2013, 08:18 PM
you mean the wifi is grayed out? - Yes

So, have you tried putting your iPhone in DFU mode, and restore it to iOS 7? If you're not sure what DFU mode is, I can post a how-to link.

What is DFU? Yes please

Thanks

verwon
Sep 19, 2013, 08:33 PM
Device firmware upgrade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15qaTA4lQPc

There's a tutorial video.