Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Hey guys, I just wanted to put this out there. I was encountering many bugs in iOS 7. I was at the point where I was about to downgrade back to iOS 6 when one of my friends told me to do a fresh restore in iTunes. This cleared literally all of the problems I was having! All you have to do is open iTunes, create a backup, restore your iDevice, and then restore from the backup. Apparently updating OTA can cause some problems, so a full restore in iTunes is the fix. Hope this helps someone!

ShabazOSU

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
New England
I did the same thing earlier today. I couldn't sign into iMessage, every app I opened was telling me to connect to iTunes for push notifications, etc. so I finally took the plunge and performed my first wipe & restore this afternoon and it fixed everything. And as a bonus, I ended up with an extra 2GB of free space since doing so (I'm still trying to find out where all that space came from though, but everything is exactly the same so I don't know).

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
I'm going to do the same. Hopefully I can improve my battery life a little.

I wouldn't count on it. Restoring fixes bugs. Bad battery life usually is due to the OS not being efficient. This is what I have come to learn from past experiences. But who knows? Maybe you have some app that is running in the background and sucking up all of your battery. Let me know if restoring fixes it or not.

----------

I did the same thing earlier today. I couldn't sign into iMessage, every app I opened was telling me to connect to iTunes for push notifications, etc. so I finally took the plunge and performed my first wipe & restore this afternoon and it fixed everything. And as a bonus, I ended up with an extra 2GB of free space since doing so (I'm still trying to find out where all that space came from though, but everything is exactly the same so I don't know).

I seem to have only gained about half of a gig from restoring...hmmm...

Velin

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
This should be stickied somewhere. See my post in the iPad forums, a factory restore/reset did wonders for my iOS7 install.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
I just did a restore and I set my phone up "as new". I have exactly 1.5 GB's more than I did before the restore (interesting). Time will tell if it improves my battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.