PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 on iPad 3 no problems

jchilton
Sep 19, 2013, 08:03 PM
I installed iOS on my iPad 3 today, and I haven't really seen any of the problems everyone else has complained about.

1) The keyboard is fine, no different response than iOS 6. There is maybe a barely perceptible lag switching to the numerical keyboard the first time you bring it up, but after that first time it seems just as fast as it used to be.

2) Yes, there is a tremendously long lag changing wallpaper. That's annoying. But I change wallpaper maybe a couple times a year, so it doesn't bother me.

3) All my wallpapers worked just fine, no weird scaling issues. But then again, I never take pictures and use them as wallpaper, and that seems to be what most are griping about.

4) I couldn't figure out what the "no blur" problem was at first. I had to look pretty closely at my iPad and iPhone 5 before I finally saw the difference. Ok, fine, I don't have blur. I don't care.

5) No crashes, no other lags noticed, no apps that aren't compatible.

Bottom line: if you change wallpaper five times a day and type so fast that an extra second half second the first time you bring up the numerical keypad and maybe an extra tenth second the following times really bothers you then don't install it. Otherwise it's working well for me. I like it.

joejoejoe
Sep 19, 2013, 08:46 PM
I installed iOS on my iPad 3 today, and I haven't really seen any of the problems everyone else has complained about.

1) The keyboard is fine, no different response than iOS 6. There is maybe a barely perceptible lag switching to the numerical keyboard the first time you bring it up, but after that first time it seems just as fast as it used to be.

2) Yes, there is a tremendously long lag changing wallpaper. That's annoying. But I change wallpaper maybe a couple times a year, so it doesn't bother me.

3) All my wallpapers worked just fine, no weird scaling issues. But then again, I never take pictures and use them as wallpaper, and that seems to be what most are griping about.

4) I couldn't figure out what the "no blur" problem was at first. I had to look pretty closely at my iPad and iPhone 5 before I finally saw the difference. Ok, fine, I don't have blur. I don't care.

5) No crashes, no other lags noticed, no apps that aren't compatible.

Bottom line: if you change wallpaper five times a day and type so fast that an extra second half second the first time you bring up the numerical keypad and maybe an extra tenth second the following times really bothers you then don't install it. Otherwise it's working well for me. I like it.

yes, but no AirDrop. :(

GimmeSlack12
Sep 19, 2013, 08:51 PM
Same here with my iPad 3. No issues. Though it took me a second to turn off the parallax view, I don't really like it and I wondered if it was using unnecessarily using the CPU.