PDA

View Full Version : Reduce Motion

TrenttonY
Sep 19, 2013, 08:41 PM
What does that do? I tried it and it only disabled parallax, but in settings it says it "reduces the motion of the user in face including the effect of the icons and alerts. I don't see any difference on the "effect", but it seemed of to speed up my iPhone 5, like opening up multitasking no stutter when first opening it. Can someone see if it was just me? Or does it cause no effect on sowing down my phone. Also can you notice an parallax effect on the second blue dynamic wallpaper?

batting1000
Sep 19, 2013, 08:43 PM
It disables the parallax effect. The parallax affects icons and alerts.

TrenttonY
Sep 19, 2013, 08:49 PM
It disables the parallax effect. The parallax affects icons and alerts.

Thanks for a answer a question I never asked.

ideal.dreams
Sep 19, 2013, 08:58 PM
Thanks for a answer a question I never asked.

Your first four words of this thread are "What does it do?" He answered that question that you did in fact ask.

KUNST
Sep 19, 2013, 09:00 PM
Pretty sure that's what causes the "3D" effect... which is hardly noticeable. I disabled it to reduce battery usage. I noticed iOS 07 reduces battery life.

batting1000
Sep 19, 2013, 09:01 PM
Your first four words of this thread are "What does it do?" He answered that question that you did in fact ask.

Lol, I can't win. :rolleyes:

TrenttonY
Sep 19, 2013, 09:07 PM
Lol, I can't win. :rolleyes:

Okay I give you that. :) but it's half the answer It says in settings "Reduce the motion of the user interface"

batting1000
Sep 19, 2013, 09:09 PM
Okay I give you that. :) but it's half the answer It says in settings "Reduce the motion of the user interface"

Yes, meaning the icons and alerts. Not sure what you aren't getting.

Tyler23
Sep 19, 2013, 09:11 PM

Alerts and icons use the parallax effect. It it referring to this. That setting literally only deals with the parallax effect. No other animations or anything else.

TrenttonY
Sep 19, 2013, 09:13 PM
Yes, meaning the icons and alerts. Not sure what you aren't getting.

I would of thought that meant calmer animations like less of a zoom when opening a folder, but I haven't noticed anything different that is why I was asking.

----------

Alerts and icons use the parallax effect. It it referring to this. That setting literally only deals with the parallax effect. No other animations or anything else.

Got it. Thanks!

----------

Would "Reduce Motion" speed up my phone?

Tyler23
Sep 19, 2013, 09:29 PM
I would of thought that meant calmer animations like less of a zoom when opening a folder, but I haven't noticed anything different that is why I was asking.

----------

Got it. Thanks!

----------

Would "Reduce Motion" speed up my phone?

Nope, just take away the parallax effect.