PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] iMessenger iOS 7

KUNST
Sep 19, 2013, 08:44 PM
After upgrading to iOS 7, I noticed that my iMessages were not coming through to both my phone and Mac like it used to. If I'm on my Mac, the messages will only be sent to my Mac, and they do not update on my phone.

It's frustrating. I want my messages on both devices to be up to date.

I have a MacBrook Air 13.5" inch and it will ONLY allow me to set up my iMessenger with my Apple ID.

I went into my iPhone to make sure my Apple ID and phone number was enabled. It is.

EDIT: Fixed my problem. All I needed to do was restart my iPhone. :)

Prof.
Sep 19, 2013, 08:47 PM
This has been happening to me, too. I agree that it's quite frustrating. Hopefully there's a fix soon.

KUNST
Sep 19, 2013, 08:48 PM
This has been happening to me, too. I agree that it's quite frustrating. Hopefully there's a fix soon.

Yassss! I hope this is resolved soon, and that the iOS 7 wasn't set up like this.

verwon
Sep 19, 2013, 09:01 PM
MIne's working fine and I'm getting them all on my mac, iPad and both iPhones.

And I spent a lot of time today chatting with a friend that only has my number, not an email to use.

KUNST
Sep 19, 2013, 09:05 PM
MIne's working fine and I'm getting them all on my mac, iPad and both iPhones.

And I spent a lot of time today chatting with a friend that only has my number, not an email to use.

Fixed my problem. All I needed to do was restart my iPhone. :)

verwon
Sep 19, 2013, 10:28 PM
Fixed my problem. All I needed to do was restart my iPhone. :)

LOL! Maybe that should be tried firstů

At least it worked! :p

KUNST
Sep 19, 2013, 10:34 PM
LOL! Maybe that should be tried firstů

At least it worked! :p

Basics of troubleshooting... I don't know why I didn't think to do that. I suppose because it restarted itself after the upgrade, that I didn't think it needed to be restarted again. Oh well... glad it worked. :)

verwon
Sep 19, 2013, 10:48 PM
Basics of troubleshooting... I don't know why I didn't think to do that. I suppose because it restarted itself after the upgrade, that I didn't think it needed to be restarted again. Oh well... glad it worked. :)

A gaffe everyone makes, now and then! Glad you got it working!

Prof.
Sep 19, 2013, 11:10 PM
All I had to do was sign in again on my iPhone for messages to be sent/recieved with my .mac .me .icloud account. :o