PDA

View Full Version : Missing blue dot for updated apps?

enigma2k
Sep 19, 2013, 08:47 PM
I am using iOS7 on my iPhone and iPad and already had some automated updates. I am, however, missing the blue dots next to the updated apps. Only a few apps get them but I can't figure it out why most of the other updated apps don't get it.

enigma2k
Sep 20, 2013, 06:23 AM
nobody else experiencing this?

RJCP
Sep 20, 2013, 06:29 AM
nobody else experiencing this?

I find the auto-update system hasn't been working very well for the past few days. It's probably launch-time congestion of the servers, but I've turned it off for the time being. I suppose that by next week it should be better.

enigma2k
Sep 20, 2013, 11:58 AM
The auto update is working fine for me. It is just that it won't show the blue dot for updated apps. Only some few apps have a blue dot.

iLunar
Sep 20, 2013, 12:21 PM
Is there anyway to have your apps automatically update, but turn the blue dots off?

wicker21
Sep 20, 2013, 12:27 PM
Seems to be hit and miss for me. Not sure if there is an issue or if there is some logic behind when it does or does not show up.

Stalyn
Sep 20, 2013, 12:29 PM
The blue dot is pointless.

orangecrushv
Sep 20, 2013, 12:40 PM
No blue dots here but the list of updates did show up in notification center...

elistan
Sep 20, 2013, 01:07 PM
I am using iOS7 on my iPhone and iPad and already had some automated updates. I am, however, missing the blue dots next to the updated apps. Only a few apps get them but I can't figure it out why most of the other updated apps don't get it.

I don't think the blue dot is for updated apps. I thought it's only for newly installed apps?

cambookpro
Sep 20, 2013, 04:26 PM
Same for me - maybe it's just a bug.

kmpoboy2
Sep 20, 2013, 04:34 PM
I've been seeing this since the betas. If I update manually the blue dot appears. If I let it auto-update then, there's no dot.

Nor sure if it is by design or it's a bug.

richpuer
Sep 20, 2013, 05:05 PM
Can someone pls tell me what the blue dots are for? It's annoying to see some with and some without. Feels unbalanced

C DM
Sep 20, 2013, 05:08 PM
Can someone pls tell me what the blue dots are for? It's annoying to see some with and some without. Feels unbalancedJust that it's a new/updated version of the app that you haven't opened/used yet.

Eckscaliber
Sep 20, 2013, 05:11 PM
Sometimes the dot will show up, sometimes it won't. Definitely a bug.

CTHarrryH
Sep 20, 2013, 06:04 PM
I have blue dots - at least some

kingdom23
Sep 22, 2013, 02:10 AM
No blue dots here but the list of updates did show up in notification center...

Blue dots were showing up yesterday, but today they have disappeared but updates show up in notification centre.

----------

Same for me - maybe it's just a bug.

Same problem for me as well, guess it is a bug.

----------

I've been seeing this since the betas. If I update manually the blue dot appears. If I let it auto-update then, there's no dot.

Nor sure if it is by design or it's a bug.

I just tried that and blue dot does appear when you update manually, but not when auto-update is on.