Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Komrad808

macrumors member
Original poster
I have different FaceTime ID's for my MB, iPad, and iPhone. When people FaceTime using iOS 7, it calls all 3 my devices since FaceTime in iOS 7 doesn't let you choose what ID to FaceTime in contacts. It's crazy! Does anyone else have this issue??

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Yes I have this issue. Since iOS 7 doesn't allow you to call a specific email or phone number per contact, it dials all registered ID's for that contact. It's so stupid!!! I logged a bug but apple has not responded as of yet.

I created the same thread a week ago but I guess others don't care

----------

Only workaround is to have them add the number or email as a favorite contact in the phone app. The FaceTime app does not allow adding a specific number or emAil (another bug I logged)

Komrad808

macrumors member
Original poster
Yes I have this issue. Since iOS 7 doesn't allow you to call a specific email or phone number per contact, it dials all registered ID's for that contact. It's so stupid!!! I logged a bug but apple has not responded as of yet.

I created the same thread a week ago but I guess others don't care

----------

Only workaround is to have them add the number or email as a favorite contact in the phone app. The FaceTime app does not allow adding a specific number or emAil (another bug I logged)

That ain't right. I don't think people in my contact list will want to add all my FaceTime ID's in there favorite contact.

cpharris

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
The phone app will only let you select a specific number or email IF there is more than one number saved under that contact...

Adding a favourite contact with only one number defaults to that number always, no matter if they have an email address associated or not.

I'm not sure how this works as my Dad has a WiFi iPad, and an old phone. So Facetime is only for his email... If I add him as a favourite I can't select his email - just his phone number comes up with VoiceCall / Facetime Audio / Facetime options.

Strangely it still rings through when I Facetime him though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.