PDA

View Full Version : The core iOS 7 apps are horrible!

zBernie
Sep 19, 2013, 08:52 PM
All of the core Apple apps such as Phone, Mail, Reminders, Safari, Music, etc., look absolutely horrible! They feature anemic white backgrounds with small, difficult to read gray text in many cases. And the minimalist button icons in these apps are small, and look like my 4 year old designed them. I wear reading glasses with a diopter of 1.50, and it's actually difficult to use the interface. I feel like I need a magnifying glass! I had no such problem with iOS 6 on my iPhone 4s. I was considering purchasing an iPhone 5s, but iOS 7 really is a setback in usability.

KUNST
Sep 19, 2013, 08:54 PM
You can change the sizes of the text and the white backgrounds are designed to interact with your background "theme". They become colorful instead. They're not white; they're transparent.

aristobrat
Sep 19, 2013, 09:02 PM
All of the core Apple apps such as Phone, Mail, Reminders, Safari, Music, etc., look absolutely horrible! They feature anemic white backgrounds with small, difficult to read gray text in many cases.

Dynamic Type

One new feature of iOS 7 I immediately wanted to use was Dynamic Type. Available from iOS 7's Settings App > General > Text Size, this slider allows you to control the relative text size across any apps that support it. All of Apple's apps will do so, of course, and third parties have had access to the necessary developer tools to implement this since WWDC in June of this year.

http://www.macobserver.com/imgs/tmo_articles/20130917iOS7DynamicText.jpg

What Dynamic Text means is that if you prefer text bigger or smaller in general, you need only set it once and your apps will instantly adopt your settings, system-wide.
http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/x-new-and-hidden-settings-in-ios-7

PNutts
Sep 19, 2013, 09:10 PM
I set all text to Bold in the Accessibility section and it makes text much easier to see and read for me. It doesn't look so "delicate".

zBernie
Sep 19, 2013, 09:11 PM
You can change the sizes of the text and the white backgrounds are designed to interact with your background "theme". They become colorful instead. They're not white; they're transparent.

I've set wallpaper, dynamic wallpaper, but all of the core apps are still white. How do you get apps such as safari or mail to NOT have the horrible white background?

-Thanks

KUNST
Sep 19, 2013, 09:17 PM
I've set wallpaper, dynamic wallpaper, but all of the core apps are still white. How do you get apps such as safari or mail to NOT have the horrible white background?

-Thanks

I see what you're saying. I was speaking to the home screen. I'm unsure, but I'd also like to know. It would be nice if apps could either be a solid color (other than white) or transparent to fit the theme.

I hope someone has an answer.

Tyler23
Sep 19, 2013, 09:30 PM

-Thanks

There is no way, it is not customizable. It is white and that's the way it is.

zBernie
Sep 19, 2013, 09:43 PM
There is no way, it is not customizable. It is white and that's the way it is.

Jon Ive should be fired!

Tyler23
Sep 19, 2013, 09:44 PM
Jon Ive should be fired!

I don't see why. Looks great. Everyone may not agree, but it would look even more ridiculous if they tried to please everyone.

dannyyankou
Sep 19, 2013, 09:45 PM
http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/19/buyers-remorse-heres-how-to-go-back-to-ios-6-while-you-still-can/

You're welcome...

Ps. I love ios 7 and don't care what others think.

TommyA6
Sep 19, 2013, 10:06 PM
First and foremost. Why didn't you just post your thoughts to some other thread which covers the same "problems"? All this whining about too much /white/bright colors (and opening a new thread to tell everyone everything about it) is so :eek:
Second; Do us and yourself a favor and downgrade :)
To me and majority of other users, iOS 7 looks amazing (and works that way as well).

ceva321
Sep 19, 2013, 11:33 PM
I set all text to Bold in the Accessibility section and it makes text much easier to see and read for me. It doesn't look so "delicate".

thanks that made a big difference !

Armen
Sep 19, 2013, 11:52 PM
All of the core Apple apps such as Phone, Mail, Reminders, Safari, Music, etc., look absolutely horrible! They feature anemic white backgrounds with small, difficult to read gray text in many cases. And the minimalist button icons in these apps are small, and look like my 4 year old designed them. I wear reading glasses with a diopter of 1.50, and it's actually difficult to use the interface. I feel like I need a magnifying glass! I had no such problem with iOS 6 on my iPhone 4s. I was considering purchasing an iPhone 5s, but iOS 7 really is a setback in usability.

Thank you for the input. Now step aside and let the millions of others enjoy the new look.

Macalway
Sep 20, 2013, 12:36 AM
Some people like the blinding light. To each their own

I've got a hunch they may be a minority. If that is indeed the case, there will need to be some tweaking.

adildacoolset
Sep 20, 2013, 01:48 AM

-Thanks

Uh, safari depends on the web pages. You have to redesign most of the web if you want it darker.

And what's wrong with mail? It's always been white. Are you coming from another platform?

matttye
Sep 20, 2013, 01:53 AM
You didn't see all the press about iOS 7 before updating?

Michaelgtrusa
Sep 20, 2013, 01:55 AM
This blog. http://sloppyui.tumblr.com/

Unhyper
Sep 20, 2013, 01:55 AM
All of the core Apple apps such as Phone, Mail, Reminders, Safari, Music, etc., look absolutely horrible! They feature anemic white backgrounds with small, difficult to read gray text in many cases. And the minimalist button icons in these apps are small, and look like my 4 year old designed them. I wear reading glasses with a diopter of 1.50, and it's actually difficult to use the interface. I feel like I need a magnifying glass! I had no such problem with iOS 6 on my iPhone 4s. I was considering purchasing an iPhone 5s, but iOS 7 really is a setback in usability.What do you want us to do about it?

Bonestle
Sep 20, 2013, 02:43 AM
I have no issue with any of the stock apps. Happy camper here.
I'm very interested to see how Apple tackle their other iOS apps, iMovie, GarageBand, Podcasts etc. I wonder when we'll see these updates come out.

Certainspider
Sep 20, 2013, 03:50 AM
First and foremost. Why didn't you just post your thoughts to some other thread which covers the same "problems"? All this whining about too much /white/bright colors (and opening a new thread to tell everyone everything about it) is so :eek:
To me and majority of other users, iOS 7 looks amazing (and works that way as well).

That's great you are so happy with ios7, good for you. I too like it but am very glad this issue was raised as I have the same problems. With impaired eyesight changes such as have been made here have a dramatic impact on usability.

Sometimes using the redesigned apps is akin to looking into a switched on light globe and trying to see a match stick. It's so white and bright and the text skinny and faint, it's pretty hard to read for those with impaired vision.

So don't be small and dismiss others concerns just cos they might not be your concerns.

----------

Thank you for the input. Now step aside and let the millions of others enjoy the new look.

Condescending much?

Daysight
Sep 20, 2013, 03:54 AM
I need reading glasses, but I like the new ios7 look. Except Calendar. I have to admit that within a day I knew the month view wouldn't work for me because I find it too hard to read. Readdle's Calendar 5 works great for me and includes tasks. Except C5 does not support inviting others to appointments.

betabeta
Sep 20, 2013, 03:58 AM
The notes app is just awful, worse than iOS 6 and that's saying something....its a waste of space an embarrassment. Sad because it could be so much more since it interacts with siri. But even just an option for fonts and type of paper, like lined paper would be something, outside of that give other apps the ability to become the default.

Notes app has to be the worst of the bunch.

Dr. McKay
Sep 20, 2013, 04:02 AM
Jon Ive should be fired!

Maybe you could apply for his job : tcook@apple.com

GGJstudios
Sep 20, 2013, 04:03 AM
To me and majority of users, iOS 7 looks terrible (and has about 100 bugs as well).
The fact is that neither of you knows what the majority of users think about iOS 7. It's safe to say the majority probably haven't seen it in operation yet. It's predominately the tech-oriented minority that rush to install a new OS version the first day or two after its release, then post their opinions in a tech forum.

Some will like it and some won't, as is the case with any hardware or software released to the public. I'll never understand why some feel threatened when someone has a different opinion, especially strangers who meet in a forum.

Certainspider
Sep 20, 2013, 04:17 AM

Background "theme", is this something I can choose, like choosing wallpaper?

Thanks

----------

Thanks! Much better:)

----------

The fact is that neither of you knows what the majority of users think about iOS 7. It's safe to say the majority probably haven't seen it in operation yet. It's predominately the tech-oriented minority that rush to install a new OS version the first day or two after its release, then post their opinions in a tech forum.

Some will like it and some won't, as is the case with any hardware or software released to the public. I'll never understand why some feel threatened when someone has a different opinion, especially strangers who meet in a forum.

Yes I agree, seems a waste of energy to be offended just by a difference in opinion.
:)

marktuk
Sep 20, 2013, 04:30 AM
The music app has lost the alphabet down the right hand side on the artists view... WHY!?!?

Why are they removing functionality!?

TommyA6
Sep 20, 2013, 05:48 AM

I didn't post it as a statistical fact. I am just annoyed there are dozen threads dealing with this "problem" and yet people continue to open new threads just to let others know that safari (a freaking web browser, which will be white 95% of time) is too white. Same goes for mail

GGJstudios
Sep 20, 2013, 08:31 AM
I didn't post it as a statistical fact. I am just annoyed there are dozen threads dealing with this "problem" and yet people continue to open new threads just to let others know that safari (a freaking web browser, which will be white 95% of time) is too white. Same goes for mail

Welcome to the online world of forums. That's what people do, posting repetitive threads on the same topic. There are thousands of examples of this throughout the forum, on a variety of topics. Of course, there is always the choice not to post in such repetitive threads, but no matter what you do, you're not going to stop them.

Todd B.
Sep 20, 2013, 08:34 AM
Man, it's such a shame that Apple doesn't even provide an app store completely full of alternatives or anything.

The music app has lost the alphabet down the right hand side on the artists view... WHY!?!?

They didn't remove it.

bandrews
Sep 20, 2013, 08:38 AM

-Thanks

What? You're complaining because safari has a white background? Shouldn't you be viewing a webpage or something......
..... actually, macrumors.com has a white background. So does Wikipedia! Damn iOS7, Jony Ive and everything Apple!

darngooddesign
Sep 20, 2013, 08:47 AM

Mine has it. Try verifying before you complain.

marktuk
Sep 20, 2013, 09:29 AM
Verfied.

darngooddesign
Sep 20, 2013, 09:56 AM
Not happening for me. Call Apple.

On a side note, I wonder why my battery is in color.

Tones2
Sep 20, 2013, 10:01 AM
Verfied.

It looks like you have bold text option on and that you reordered the tabs. Try setting them back to their defaults and see if you get it back. If so, then this is a bug related to one of those things. Well, it's a bug either way. :)

marktuk
Sep 20, 2013, 10:17 AM
Doesn't appear to make a difference changing those settings. In another thread someone mentioned that with 50+ artists the a-z shows, but under that it doesn't display. It's designed that way, which is pretty poor.

----------

It looks like you have bold text option on and that you reordered the tabs. Try setting them back to their defaults and see if you get it back. If so, then this is a bug related to one of those things. Well, it's a bug either way. :)

Also, I haven't re-ordered, I don't have radio as an option...

Tyler23
Sep 20, 2013, 10:20 AM
Verfied.

You don't have enough Artists for it to show.

marktuk
Sep 20, 2013, 10:26 AM
You don't have enough Artists for it to show.

Right, but this wasn't a problem in iOS6. Anything over 10 artists should really display the a-z, unless all the artists happened to have names starting with the same first letter.

I just don't understand the decision to remove the a-z at all.

age234
The notes app is just awful, worse than iOS 6 and that's saying something....its a waste of space an embarrassment. Sad because it could be so much more since it interacts with siri. But even just an option for fonts and type of paper, like lined paper would be something, outside of that give other apps the ability to become the default.

Notes app has to be the worst of the bunch.

Notes works exactly the same as in iOS 6.

I swear, half the people complaining never used an iPhone until this update. Less has changed than some would have us believe.

MacMilligan
Why is everything such an extreme? The apps aren't "horrible." Horrible is the holocaust, not minimalist app design. Its strange that people get so offended by a change in the way iOS looks. Personally, I think its fine. I don't think it looks wonderful or anything, but it does make iOS6 look dated. I'm glad to see the gradients and skeumorphic design go away. There is room for improvement. I think they did a good job especially considering how much work it takes to do an entire UI reskin.

It would be nice to have a dark theme option.

age234
Sep 20, 2013, 10:28 AM

It's still there in the Artists view in Home Sharing. So it's probably a bug.

nefan65
Sep 20, 2013, 10:31 AM

I swear, half the people complaining never used an iPhone until this update. Less has changed than some would have us believe.

I need to find the site that showed stock apps, and settings comparing 6 vs 7. I think it may have been Cnet, but not positive. You're right; most of the changes are flatness/UI. But the overall placement of controls, buttons, etc. are the same.

Most of the animation complaints, etc. could easily be fixed with a toggle. Hopefully Apple will add something like this for those that don't want them, like the Parallax feature.

Overall, I'm very pleased. Considering it's .0 release, it's pretty solid. It'll have some issues, but they'll be corrected by .02/.03. Much like iOS 6.

Tones2
Sep 20, 2013, 10:43 AM
Most of the animation complaints, etc. could easily be fixed with a toggle. Hopefully Apple will add something like this for those that don't want them, like the Parallax feature.

And Apple definitely has a history of listening closely to customers and giving them options to change OS design settings in future releases....um....NOT! :D

nefan65
Sep 20, 2013, 10:47 AM
And Apple definitely has a history of listening closely to customers and giving them options to change OS design settings in future releases....um....NOT! :D

Probably not. But I guess my point is that it's not that big of a deal. The .03 seconds it takes to zoom in/out really doesn't impact my day too much.

age234
Sep 20, 2013, 10:55 AM

This.

How much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Pro market (the ones who loved Apple through the dark 90s) did it take for Apple to admit Final Cut X sucked? And they still stuck to their vision, despite losing many customers to Adobe.

Generally, Apple does what Apple wants.

Hephaestus
Sep 20, 2013, 11:10 AM
I personally love the new light font, it looks so elegant. But then, I have sharp eyesight... I upload iOS7 to my fathers phone and he absolutely hated it. He basically echoes the original post and says everything is more difficult to see and distinguish. After increasing the text size and boldness, he was definitely more pleased but still sees iOS7 as a step back. I guess people fit into one of these two camps.

In terms of the whiteness, I agree that there is far too much white. It makes the OS look vacant and it is horrible to use at night! All they have to do is give a dark theme and allow us to switch. If you use the facetime app you can see how beautiful the dark theme looks.

An even better suggestion is to allow the phone to switch to the dark theme at night. This OPTION would be awesome.. notice how I say "option". For some reason Apple seems to despise OPTIONS.

Tones2
Sep 20, 2013, 11:15 AM
That said though, I hated iTunes 11 design when it came out but Apple actually did make some important tweeks to the design to give some options to change back to the way it was partially, making it much more acceptable to many of our tastes. So maybe they will do the same thing here. It's all about OPTIONS, as deferent people have different tastes.

What I do really hate though is that I'm a developer, and just downloaded the new XCode 5.0, and all the included resources - buttons, tabs, etc - have ALL changed to the new flat design without any way to get the old design back in development (unless you switch back to XCode 4.x). Yuk!!

MacMilligan
Sep 20, 2013, 12:08 PM
I personally love the new light font, it looks so elegant. But then, I have sharp eyesight... I upload iOS7 to my fathers phone and he absolutely hated it. He basically echoes the original post and says everything is more difficult to see and distinguish. After increasing the text size and boldness, he was definitely more pleased but still sees iOS7 as a step back. I guess people fit into one of these two camps.

In terms of the whiteness, I agree that there is far too much white. It makes the OS look vacant and it is horrible to use at night! All they have to do is give a dark theme and allow us to switch. If you use the facetime app you can see how beautiful the dark theme looks.

An even better suggestion is to allow the phone to switch to the dark theme at night. This OPTION would be awesome.. notice how I say "option". For some reason Apple seems to despise OPTIONS.

Luckily, you can enable bold font and even change the font size in the settings menu. I enlarged the font for my mom when I upgraded her phone yesterday and she likes it. She wears glasses, so the option to increase font size natively is a nice addition.

darngooddesign
Sep 20, 2013, 01:03 PM
Why is everything such an extreme? The apps aren't "horrible." Horrible is the holocaust, not minimalist app design. Its strange that people get so offended by a change in the way iOS looks.

That's what happens when your life is easy and you have no real perspective of what horrible can be.

Its just human nature.

fordston
Sep 20, 2013, 01:25 PM
I am an artist. I loved the Mac's tromp d'oeil detailing. It is a richer visual experience. When the original iTunes brushed-chrome interface arrived, I didn't think it looked like a piece of audio equipment that I HAD; it looked like one I WANTED to have. I've bought several apps just because of their lush emulation of primitive technology - radiON, for example. Guess we'll have to say goodbye to all that.

What we have here is Totalitarian Design. What we SHOULD have is "skins" -- OPTIONAL user interface design experiences. Why should the tastes of ONE designer be rammed down all our throats? Isn't that what Steve was complaining about when IBM's aesthetic dominated the computing world? He broke us free. Now, Apple is becoming the new IBM.

I, for one, won't upgrade to the OS 7 until absolutely forced-to by declining functionality. I am dreading the "advances" in interface for the OS for the new MAC Pro.

Brittany246
Sep 20, 2013, 01:32 PM
I agree that the core apps look like crap. They look like they were thrown together at the last minute, and they look unfinished. I've hidden most of the apps in a folder, and I'll probably end up replacing the rest of the apps with something in the app store. I wish apple would allow us to choose different default apps.

betabeta
Sep 20, 2013, 02:24 PM

Great a new iOS7 and it works the same as in iOS6, nothing new or better, and yes it did change, it regressed actually...

Background is now white with no lines, and lost font options, it's worse now and that's saying something. Just how hard would it be to put a little effort into this app and add choice of papers and fonts? Anything...

It's like Apple apologist just don't care and take whatever comes as being great, clearly the notes app is really weak for a core Apple application.

Even the worse notes app in the app store is better, so honestly I don't think they want us to even use it.

zBernie
Sep 20, 2013, 04:45 PM

You must be drunk on Apple juice.

TommyA6
Sep 20, 2013, 05:06 PM
You must be drunk on Apple juice.

Yes, I am so drunk on Apple juice :apple:
Please, accept my apologies for facing you with a fact that generally web pages are 90% white color, and so is mail (and yet you find it horrible in iOS 7 ) :o

jwolf6589
Sep 20, 2013, 05:08 PM

If you dislike iOS 7 and prefer Apple to make a USER FRIENDLY way to downgrade to iOS 6, or if you have found bugs, or just have general suggestions then do what I have done and click here!

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Not too difficult. Stop complaining here and start complaining there! I have sent multiple messages. iOS 7 has some major advantages and new features, however also some drawbacks & bugs.

That was not difficult to understand was it?

zBernie
Sep 20, 2013, 05:12 PM
What do you want us to do about it?

I don't want any Apple juice drinking sycophants to do anything but remain loyal to Apple.

What I do want to do is let Apple and others know how hideous the core apps are in iOS 7. This is not just my opinion, but the opinion of many others, including many Apple developers. You can google the story of how numerous Apple developers were skeptical about Ive's "minimalist" mania.
Maybe Apple will get the message, but I doubt it. They are like General Motors was before they went bankrupt -- "What's good for General Motors is good for America".

afin
Sep 20, 2013, 05:12 PM
Folks need to ease up a little. We're only in the first heat, there will be more updates/changes to come.

zBernie
Sep 20, 2013, 05:23 PM
Why is everything such an extreme? The apps aren't "horrible." Horrible is the holocaust, not minimalist app design. Its strange that people get so offended by a change in the way iOS looks. Personally, I think its fine. I don't think it looks wonderful or anything, but it does make iOS6 look dated. I'm glad to see the gradients and skeumorphic design go away. There is room for improvement. I think they did a good job especially considering how much work it takes to do an entire UI reskin.

It would be nice to have a dark theme option.

Room for improvement is an understatement! All of the core apps are white, anemic looking, and lifeless. The button icons in the core apps, e.g., Music, Mail, Reminders, etc., look like they were designed by a four year old. And the way the icons are animated when you unlock the screen or exit an app is enough to give you motion sickness! Many aspects of iOS 7 are were clearly ill conceived by those with "Ive tower syndrome".

But hey, the lock screen and home screens are cool looking, with dynamic wall paper and all.

TommyA6
Sep 20, 2013, 05:24 PM
Folks need to ease up a little. We're only in the first heat, there will be more updates/changes to come.

You don't get it :rolleyes: . He Googled "iOS 7 is ugly+Apple is doomed" and found a result. Therefore it means people don't like iOS 7 and Apple is out of business aka DOOMED :eek:

FamiliaPhoto
Sep 20, 2013, 05:24 PM
To me and majority of users, iOS 7 looks terrible (and has about 100 bugs as well).

You have every right not to like iOS 7 and that is fine. But Apple is in a no win situation, they didn't change he look with 6 and people beat them up for it, they did change it with 7 and people beat them up for it.

If you don't like it downgrade while you can or move to an OS that lets you theme as you want. Either choice is valid.

Oh and relative to your quote above, you've read definitive surveys of all iOS users and know for sure that a 'majority' think it looks terrible? Please provide a link to the study, I would love to read it. And please don't send me to a forum or board with a bunch of opinion, you are saying a majority don't like it, prove it. Don't just send us to a link where the loudest voice gets the most attention.

TommyA6
Sep 20, 2013, 05:49 PM
Room for improvement is an understatement! All of the core apps are white, anemic looking, and lifeless. The button icons in the core apps, e.g., Music, Mail, Reminders, etc., look like they were designed by a four year old. And the way the icons are animated when you unlock the screen or exit an app is enough to give you motion sickness! Many aspects of iOS 7 are were clearly ill conceived by those with "Ive tower syndrome".

But hey, the lock screen and home screens are cool looking, with dynamic wall paper and all.

OK. So you hate the look of iOS 7, we get it. What do you want us to do about it????? :confused: Agree with you maybe??
Well, I disagree with you because I (and lots of other people) like the way it looks, and no amount of (your) whining will change that.
Now, someone says he likes the majority of the OS but would like to see some improvements as well, and here you go again, moaning and whining and forcing YOUR opinion on others. You're overreacting and it's annoying.

If you don't like iOS 7, downgrade to iOS 6 while you can, and be done with it already.

drenline
Sep 21, 2013, 02:35 AM
I cannot envision anyone that truly loves iOS 7 over iOS 6 other than 12 year old girls.

It would not surprised me one bit if we later found out that's how they came up with this design.

inscrewtable
Sep 21, 2013, 02:42 AM

Not only did they not remove it but it is much better now because you can jump directly to the letter in the alphabet instead of fast scrolling.

zBernie
Oct 2, 2013, 07:06 PM

Changing the text size in settings ONLY changes DYNAMIC font sizes. It does not change the ridiculously small fonts in apps such as Music.
As far as the backgrounds being transparent, they are ALWAYS white on my iPhone 4s.

zBernie
Oct 2, 2013, 07:27 PM
OK. So you hate the look of iOS 7, we get it. What do you want us to do about it????? :confused: Agree with you maybe??
Well, I disagree with you because I (and lots of other people) like the way it looks, and no amount of (your) whining will change that.
Now, someone says he likes the majority of the OS but would like to see some improvements as well, and here you go again, moaning and whining and forcing YOUR opinion on others. You're overreacting and it's annoying.

If you don't like iOS 7, downgrade to iOS 6 while you can, and be done with it already.

What's annoying is that Apple produced such horrible core apps, with white anemic backgrounds, and "stick people" based button iconography, and then brainwashed lemmings such as yourself defend it. There are now numerous reviews which echo my dislike of iOS 7. Not to mention numerous articles of how iOS 7 is making users nauseated from the constant motion. For a company that has made so many great GUI's, the obsession with flatness and minimalism has resulted in one fugly OS!

redscull
Oct 2, 2013, 11:31 PM

They are not transparent. They are very minimally translucent. I get the idea they were going for, the whole phone's look being influenced by your background, but the reality is that this results in illegible text. So these things are practically opaque to ensure text is somewhat discernible (though it's still inadequate).

Personally, I wish they'd gone with minimally translucent black instead of minimally translucent white. I hate all the white. I have to keep my brightness at like 10% now just so I'm not blinded.

For a company that has made so many great GUI's, the obsession with flatness and minimalism has resulted in one fugly OS!Fugly is right. But I prefer some kinder descriptions like sterile, garish, illegible, off-putting..

MisterPunchy
Oct 3, 2013, 12:01 AM
Jon Ive should be fired!

Record sales and revenues on 5c and 5s. 200million+ downloads of iOS 7 I'm the first week. That's pushing 60% of the whole user base. In a friggin WEEK. Massive failure, right? Ya. He's terrible for Apple. Sack him. :rolleyes:
No one at Apple gives a crap about your whining discontent.

XboxMySocks
Oct 3, 2013, 12:10 AM
then brainwashed lemmings such as yourself defend it.

It's almost like people have different opinions about subjective things :rolleyes:

redscull
Oct 3, 2013, 12:28 AM
It's almost like people have different opinions about subjective things :rolleyes:

Software designers/programmers know that usability is not an opinion nor entirely subjective. It is actually based on fundamental correct ways of doing things which make software more intuitive and innately appealing. Joe-knee is not grounded in these concepts.

joejoejoe
Oct 3, 2013, 01:03 AM
Inverting colors helps a lot too. Set your triple click home button preference (on accessibility settings) to invert colors, and anytime pages are too white, just hit the home button three times.

It f's with pictures and shadows look a bit odd but it otherwise is a lot nicer on the eyes.