PDA

View Full Version : Podcast app consistently crashes!

NY Guitarist
Sep 19, 2013, 11:54 PM
:confused:

I'm a huge fan of podcasts but since the iOS7 update can't get the Podcast app to play without crashing.

I have no idea how to fix this!

Any thoughts?

ErikGrim
Sep 19, 2013, 11:58 PM

I'm a huge fan of podcasts but since the iOS7 update can't get the Podcast app to play without crashing.

Any thoughts?Buy PocketCast or Instacast. Beautiful made for iOS7 applications. I got PC myself, but Instacast looks to be about the same.

I was a long time holdout with Apple's Podcasts despite its many issues. Third party apps really have them beat here (especially to the iOS7 punch).

NY Guitarist
Sep 20, 2013, 12:07 AM
Buy PocketCast or Instacast. Beautiful made for iOS7 applications. I got PC myself, but Instacast looks to be about the same.

I was a long time holdout with Apple's Podcasts despite its many issues. Third party apps really have them beat here (especially to the iOS7 punch).

Thanks I'll take a look at them and any other possible alternatives.

darkfiber
Sep 20, 2013, 12:11 AM

Any thoughts?

I would try to delete it and redownload it. If that doesn't work try rebooting your iPhone.

The latest version of the Apple Podcast app works fine on my iPhone 4S running iOS 7.

NY Guitarist
Sep 20, 2013, 12:16 AM
Restarted phone a number of times.

If I delete the Podcast app will I have to re-download all the media content too?

I was hoping it wouldn't be necessary as I have a ton of stuff.

Armen
Sep 20, 2013, 12:17 AM
Restarted phone a number of times.

If I delete the Podcast app will I have to re-download all the media content too?

I was hoping it wouldn't be necessary as I have a ton of stuff.

It's possible that ton of stuff is why it is crashing. It's working fine for me.

NY Guitarist
Sep 20, 2013, 09:21 AM
Deleted and re-downloaded Podcasts app and still having consistent crashes.

darngooddesign
Sep 20, 2013, 09:34 AM
Is it doing it on all podcasts?

NY Guitarist
Sep 20, 2013, 09:41 AM
Is it doing it on all podcasts?

It does. It also crashes when just sitting idle on the 'library' page.

madsci954
Sep 20, 2013, 09:46 AM
Buy PocketCast or Instacast. Beautiful made for iOS7 applications. I got PC myself, but Instacast looks to be about the same.

I've been using Downcast for some time. I wanted to give Apple's Podcast app one last go with iOS 7. And after last night, the ball got dropped like it was made of lead. This will have marked about the 3rd or 4th time I went back and forth between the two and have now settled on Downcast.

darngooddesign
Sep 20, 2013, 09:46 AM
It does. It also crashes when just sitting idle on the 'library' page.

Weird. I'm currently listening to a podcast with no issues. Try an alternate app, many have extra features that make the small cost worthwhile.