PDA

View Full Version : What DON'T you like about iOS 7?

Pages : [1] 2 3

2IS
Sep 20, 2013, 01:01 AM
I want to start by saying this is NOT a bashing thread. Just wondering what people don't like about it.

Obviously, I'll start, but before I do, overall I'm really liking it, and I didn't think I would.

So here it goes, and just a disclaimer, these are mostly nitpicking items, I haven't found anything that's a dealbreaker.

1) I don't like how the screen fades in when I press the lock button. I typically have my phone in the cup holder in my car and I'm used to tapping the button and taking a very quick glace, this quick glance takes about 3x as long now. Not a huge deal, but would like it to be instantaneous like it was before.

2) The animations are cool, but take too long. I find myself tapping on an icon I want to launch before the icon becomes "tap-able"

That's all I have for now...

kramjam
Sep 20, 2013, 01:06 AM
Like you stated, the animations are terrible. I miss the responsiveness of iOS6 and how fluid it felt, but do not miss the look at all. I'm hoping that there is a lot more optimizations that can be made with software updates to get the speediness back.

NinjaDuck
Sep 20, 2013, 01:06 AM
The 3x3 icon arrangements in a folder is disgusting.

maliu
Sep 20, 2013, 01:21 AM
Colors and animations. Oh and the text crap instead of buttons.

2IS
Sep 20, 2013, 01:23 AM
Like you stated, the animations are terrible. I miss the responsiveness of iOS6 and how fluid it felt, but do not miss the look at all. I'm hoping that there is a lot more optimizations that can be made with software updates to get the speediness back.

The UI doesn't feel any less fluid to me, well... Not on my iPhone 5 anyway, it is less fluid on my iPad 3 though. Just that the animations "delay" being able to make your next move. They're cool and all, just wish there was a way to turn them off or at the very least, speed them up.

Dekimasu
Sep 20, 2013, 01:28 AM
Reduced functionality: storing all my mail on the device instead of syncing X messages, for no apparent reason, and without a way to turn this off.

iPcdebb
Sep 20, 2013, 01:33 AM
Can't swipe to delete messages like I used to
Battery drain (worse on iPhone than iPad mini)
The folders. I just....dont like the look. maybe if they were transparent?
The folders again. 3x3....really? I used to be able to view everything in one of My folders, now I have to swipe a few times to see everything. Kinda hating that.

A lot of my apps got "reset", not a big deal, more of a nuisance.

Meltdownblitz
Sep 20, 2013, 01:51 AM
I'll definitely agree with not being able to delete texts by swiping, have to hit edit first now, takes longer.

I also dislike all the white on the text messages,
Not to mention the colors are terrible, looks like a child's color scheme now, not very professional to me, not to mention very blinding with the bright white.

luqtotheman
Sep 20, 2013, 01:54 AM
Overall I love iOS 7 but for me I dislike the App folders. The 3x3 size is terrible, I liked being able to see more apps in my folder. I don't like the design of it, I believe that they will change that.

I would prefer square buttons for the unlock screen and phone keypad but don't dislike the round buttons, just a personal thing.

Mxbzz
Sep 20, 2013, 02:00 AM
Pretty much everything that has already been said here. The animations are unnecessarily slow when getting back to the home screen. Not a big fan of the 3x3 folder grid on the iPad, it might make more sense on a smaller device, but there is SO much screen estate that isn't utilized. Something about Safari (on the iPad) doesn't feel polished. I wish the Calendar section of the notification center were tappable to create quick events (also, I see a faint "Weather information provided by Yahoo" even though there no weather).

I think there is plenty of room for improvement for iOS 7 on the iPad. There's just too much screen estate being underutilized-- similar to iOS 6.

blinkin182
Sep 20, 2013, 02:02 AM
I also find the 3x3 apps and the fact that if you put more than 9 apps, they will be hidden and harder to find.

I also am a bit disappointed with the Music App. It seems less functional and a lot of things are not logical or harder to find. I used to like seeing the rating, but now I have to double tab and then tap on the specific song to be able to see it... too many steps.

The videos app doesn't seem to display what videos have been seen and which ones haven't.

I also think the animations could be a tad faster.

----------

Pretty much everything that has already been said here. The animations are unnecessarily slow when getting back to the home screen. Not a big fan of the 3x3 folder grid on the iPad, it might make more sense on a smaller device, but there is SO much screen estate that isn't utilized. Something about Safari (on the iPad) doesn't feel polished. I wish the Calendar section of the notification center were tappable to create quick events (also, I see a faint "Weather information provided by Yahoo" even though there no weather).

I think there is plenty of room for improvement for iOS 7 on the iPad. There's just too much screen estate being underutilized-- similar to iOS 6.

Agreed about the wasted real estate. I still don't understand why there is so much spacing between app icons. I think more could find on there easily.

gamesetmatch
Sep 20, 2013, 02:05 AM
The overall impression is satisfactory (let's say a B) on my iPhone 5; however, the following items are starting to annoy me:

1. There's too much white and brightness, even when the brightness slider is set nearly to the left.
2. When sending or receiving text messages, the white font is too thin and the bubble color is electric green. I wish I had an option to choose a more opaque color.
3. There is a slight keyboard delay when flipping the phone from vertical to horizontal.
4. Maybe I'm becoming deaf, but I find the new ringtones to be low. Not extremely, but hard to listen to them when I'm outdoors.
5. I wish AirDrop would be able to sync with my Mac.

Cheers from Argentina!

Beavix
Sep 20, 2013, 02:28 AM
I don't like the new keyboard. I know everybody now hates the skeumorphic design, but on the old keyboard the shadows, glows and bevels made the keys pop out better. Much easier on the eyes to me.

http://ipadforum.ro/uploads/monthly_09_2013/post-1-0-32910500-1379606818.gif

kipnosky
Sep 20, 2013, 02:54 AM
The folders again. 3x3....really? I used to be able to view everything in one of My folders, now I have to swipe a few times to see everything. Kinda hating that.

I am also finding it frustrating to have to use more swipes to get where I want.

gr8tfly
Sep 20, 2013, 03:12 AM
The overall impression is satisfactory (let's say a B) on my iPhone 5; however, the following items are starting to annoy me:

1. There's too much white and brightness, even when the brightness slider is set nearly to the left.
2. When sending or receiving text messages, the white font is too thin and the bubble color is electric green. I wish I had an option to choose a more opaque color.
3. There is a slight keyboard delay when flipping the phone from vertical to horizontal.
4. Maybe I'm becoming deaf, but I find the new ringtones to be low. Not extremely, but hard to listen to them when I'm outdoors.
5. I wish AirDrop would be able to sync with my Mac.

Cheers from Argentina!

I definitely agree with 1 and 2. Too much brightness. its especially jarring when you go from a relatively dark screen to white/light. for instance, in Maps, it has a nice darkish tint to the controls, but go and enter a location and you're greeted with a bright search list. The white on either blue or green in messages it not easy to read, and it only gets worse as the colors desaturate when they scroll up.

burgerking2
Sep 20, 2013, 03:26 AM
1) Notification center, for example the weather: "Mostly clear currently. It's 57, the high will be 81." C'mon just give me some numbers and icons without writing a novel.

2) Answering phone calls: why have the "Remind Me" and "Message" options so big and prominent? 99.9% of the time, I just want to answer or decline, so these buttons should be bigger for more ease of use. Get those extraneous options out of the way.

3) Camera app: hate the burst mode, especially with no option to enable/disable it. It would nice once in a while to shoot in burst, but 99% of the time, I want a single photo that's in focus.

4) Photos app: while I do like that they added collections and moments, Apple is still not allowing to see what specific time and date a single photo was taken on. They just group them into collections, which may span a week or more. Give us the option to see the date/time please!

5) Weather app: they've switched to smaller thinner tiny low-contrast icons for sunny or rainy, etc. How about using some icons that are easier to see??

6) Control center: nice idea, but how about let us customize the functions/apps that we use more often? I only fly once a year, so don't need to access airplane mode quickly. I also don't use any bluetooth devices, so that's useless as well...

7) Calendar app: the month view is a step back and too simplistic that it's not useful. I like to see a summary of what I have on that day. If I have a dentist appt, I have to click on a day and then scroll around up and down to hunt for the time. They should have an option for summary view or hour-by-hour view.

8) Does parallax serve any function besides being cool for about 2 minutes and battery drain?? (my battery life on my iPhone 5 seems much worse after upgrading)

9) Most of all for me personally, I hate the zoom-in and zoom-out animations when opening and closing apps. Besides seeming gimmicky, it gives me a headaches and nauseous. As such, this may be a dealbreaker for me and I may literally sell my iPhone because I feel dizzy all day:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1638996

I want a phone that's a phone, not a video game. I don't need to fly into my apps, and then fly back out when I'm done, like I'm playing Call of Duty. There should be an option to disable this annoying gimmick.

These are just my personal observations after using it for 1 day... Other than that, I love iOS 7! ;)

gaboshenia
Sep 20, 2013, 03:30 AM
Yup. iOS7 is cool. It feels almost like 6 on my iPhone4. But, as everybody in this thread, there are some things i would change:
1. Either delete one tab or put it to some use in notification center (all&missed)
2.today in nc feels like it still needs some work
3. In spotlight the keyboard should be white, black feels like a nut in the wall
4. The bigger font on the lockscreen in the status bar & the transition from it to the smaller one on the homescreen
5.can't swipe back down to the lockscreen from the camera app when you access it from the lockscreen. I used to take pics on the go swiping up to access the camera then swiping down to get back to the lock state...
That's about all i found. I'm sure there's more...

Michael CM1
Sep 20, 2013, 03:30 AM
I haven't found much. The colors grew on me quickly.

The main problems I have found are no calculator on the control center for iPad, and Siri will not turn on the flashlight or direct me to the location of someone else who is in Find My Friends. Like yesterday I tried saying, "Take me to blah blah's current location." But Siri didn't do it. Just a minor "that would've been nice" thing.

Oh yeah, night mode for the Music app. I can lock the phone, but a night mode would be nice for driving with it on at night.

Beavix
Sep 20, 2013, 03:47 AM
4) Photos app: while I do like that they added collections and moments, Apple is still not allowing to see what specific time and date a single photo was taken on.

This. It's such basic feature, should've been in iOS from the very beginning.

In iOS 7 they did nothing to improve app management. I am sick and tired swiping with my finger on the screen, trying to move each app from a screen to another, or into folders. Why can't I select multiple apps and move them together at once?

fullauto
Sep 20, 2013, 03:57 AM
9 icon view in folder, should be 12.
Music app.
No lines in notepad - c'mon just some light grey thin ones?
Calendar is complicated.
Dial screen in Phone app.
Parallax needs more depth.
More dynamic wallpapers (that aren't just colour variations of the same effect).
Better ringtones - the new ones could have been so much more futuristic (however the tones are fairly good).

The Phazer
Sep 20, 2013, 04:44 AM
There's a bunch of things I wish they had done, but leaving them aside for new things in iOS7 that I think need fixing -

Turning on airplane mode in Siri and via Control Center should have required a passcode as it basically negates Find my iPhone.
Control Center is good, but holding down the toggles should take you to that section of the settings page - selecting a specific wifi spot while on the go is still a pain in the ass.
The home screen should not be in the multitasking tray. It breaks the metaphor.
I am baffled as to why track view in the music app has an a-z quick nav and artist view doesn't. They should both have one. EDIT: Apparently it only appears if the list is 50+ entries. Which is utterly stupid.
The calendar needs to return the daily summary under the selected day while in calendar view, and the dot should be coloured akin to your calendar.
The mail app appears to have icons for some mail accounts and not others.
Notification center shows my calendar, even if it's empty, taking up all the space before you have to scroll. It should only take one line of text to say nothing is going on, so I can see my reminders below straight away.
I don't think Passbook geo-fenced reminders should cause the wallpaper to suffer gausian blur.
Camera should be able to turn burst mode on and off in the app.
The dropshadow on the yellow text in Notes looks terrible, and needs to go. Make the text orange if required for legibility. But dirty yellow looks like it's done by the kid at school who didn't wash his paintbrushes properly.
Notification Center should default to the today screen rather than the last tab used, but I think you should probably be able to configure it.
Spotlight is too easy to activate, and the angle at which you pull it down needs to be tweaked.
Spotlight should be able to search Wikipedia and Google again.
Updates in the app store has no pull to refresh animation, and it should.
The folder and volume control backgrounds need to have their transparency increased a bit.
The videos app needs to display the filename, since it often selects the opening black frame as a thumbnail.

benoitgphoto
Sep 20, 2013, 04:46 AM
I do not like:

1. Zoom in and zoom out animations when opening or closing apps

2. Navigation pane in Safari. I don't like the fact I have to tap to bring it up because sometimes it just open a link that was just there instead of bringing it back. The workaround is to navigate up a bit but then again, it is not practical.

3. I'm still not sure about the icons colors. Maybe I'm getting used to it.

I love all the other things. Especially the calendar app.

gaboshenia
Sep 20, 2013, 04:50 AM
2. Navigation pane in Safari. I don't like the fact I have to tap to bring it up because sometimes it just open a link that was just there instead of bringing it back. The workaround is to navigate up a bit but then again, it is not practical.

I.

You can just tap the bottom or the thin white bar in safari to bring the nav bars back. Hope this makes it easier to use. Cheers!

Lerxt
Sep 20, 2013, 05:39 AM
It doesn't really seem to use the capabilities of the screen, it just seems less classy and refined.

I will keep it because I have to but it doesn't look great. Why have classy hardware with a classless OS?

marktuk
Sep 20, 2013, 05:55 AM
1. Slow response on clicking the home button to exit and app, it seems to pause for the animation.

2. Wasted space in iPad. I had folders previously where all apps were visible (well basically all of my folders), but now several page.

3. Removal of alphabet quick select on the music app on iPhone in the artists view. This was just plain stupidity from Apple.

4. A bug where if you search an email inbox on the iPad, then tap to select the body of an email for the keyboard to drop, you get stuck unable to select any other emails until you cancel the search by pressing cancel.

5. The fonts and icons are too thin in several places, safari icons are among the worse. The font's are easily fixed in accessibility settings, it's a shame there isn't a setting to make the stroke on the icons a little thicker.

6. The icons aren't great, but I can live with them. BUT, the settings icon. What the hell is that!?

jwolf6589
Sep 20, 2013, 06:53 AM
I want to start by saying this is NOT a bashing thread. Just wondering what people don't like about it.

Obviously, I'll start, but before I do, overall I'm really liking it, and I didn't think I would.

So here it goes, and just a disclaimer, these are mostly nitpicking items, I haven't found anything that's a dealbreaker.

1) I don't like how the screen fades in when I press the lock button. I typically have my phone in the cup holder in my car and I'm used to tapping the button and taking a very quick glace, this quick glance takes about 3x as long now. Not a huge deal, but would like it to be instantaneous like it was before.

2) The animations are cool, but take too long. I find myself tapping on an icon I want to launch before the icon becomes "tap-able"

iBooks do not work
The Phone app
The Calendar App

Todd B.
Sep 20, 2013, 06:57 AM
3. Removal of alphabet quick select on the music app on iPhone in the artists view. This was just plain stupidity from Apple.

This is still there only it only shows the letters for artists that you have in your library.

The only thing I don't really like about iOS7 is that they don't make wallpaper stretch to fit the screen anymore. Before my wallpaper would fit nicely but now it scales oddly and the entire thing doesn't fit.

Tom Sawyer
Sep 20, 2013, 07:00 AM
I'm truly regretting updating my mini to 7. My wife is having the same experience with her iPhone 5. As others have stated, less responsive, animations are not good and overall it just seems like a knee-jerk reaction to the prior iOS being perceived as long in the tooth. The flat look is exactly that.

I've noticed several elements of the ui that are blatent copies of Android. i.e. killing running apps by the swipe away. Glad my phone is an S4.

I'm sure it will get better in time, but if I could go back to iOS 6 on my mini I would.

jwolf6589
Sep 20, 2013, 07:06 AM
I'm truly regretting updating my mini to 7. My wife is having the same experience with her iPhone 5. As others have stated, less responsive, animations are not good and overall it just seems like a knee-jerk reaction to the prior iOS being perceived as long in the tooth. The flat look is exactly that.

I've noticed several elements of the ui that are blatent copies of Android. i.e. killing running apps by the swipe away. Glad my phone is an S4.

I'm sure it will get better in time, but if I could go back to iOS 6 on my mini I would.

I could close apps twice as fast in iOS 6.

ClemsonSCJ
Sep 20, 2013, 07:10 AM
I lost yet another Bluetooth device that will no longer control the music on my phone. It will only connect. Apple dropped some Bluetooth support with iOS 6. Rather than improving with iOS 7, they dropped even more Bluetooth devices supported by iOS.

maflynn
Sep 20, 2013, 07:11 AM
The new UI took (and continues) some getting used too, but overall, I like what iOS7 has to offer. Its not perfect but then nothing is.

GALAGA
Sep 20, 2013, 07:13 AM
1.)ICONS
2.)3d DOCK IS GONE
3.)ANIMATION
4.)SYMBOLS
5.)3 DIFFERENT KEYBOARD COLORS(if im correct)
6.)PASTEL COLORS
7.)WALLPAPERS

Reason I like apple product is because of the simplicity and stability of the os, now it seems like they`re following the trend with adroid and the rest. But what it is is what it is, Im still sticking with apple. :apple:

marktuk
Sep 20, 2013, 07:15 AM
This is still there only it only shows the letters for artists that you have in your library.

The only thing I don't really like about iOS7 is that they don't make wallpaper stretch to fit the screen anymore. Before my wallpaper would fit nicely but now it scales oddly and the entire thing doesn't fit.

Plenty of artists in my library, no a-z available.

Also:-
7. Shift on the keyboard is no longer obvious. Previously the shift arrow would turn blue or the key would turn blue depending on single lock or full lock. Now it just turns to a solid grey arrow, at first I wasn't sure if shift lock was on or off.

MrGimper
Sep 20, 2013, 07:18 AM

If you are referring to swiping to delete emails, then it's now swipe right to left.

Diversion
Sep 20, 2013, 07:19 AM
I feel like i'm one of the few that doesn't really feel that ios7 has been annoying to deal with. Although i've had tons of hands on with Android UIs, BB playbook, Win8 RT and Win8 Pro tablets, HP Touchpads, etc.

I feel that iOS7 took a lot of cues from Android, Win8, and the Playbook. I don't think it's a bad thing though.. I do think Apple should provide us toggles for the animations to allow the folks that have zero tolerance for the new "pretty" stuff and need to click an icon the moment the press the Home button.

Aside from various bugs we've all discussed, I think it's a solid iOS so far. Just needs more customization tweaks to appease the crowd and it will be a home run.

Edit: I want to point out that iOS7 flows with Mavericks OSX much better than pre-iOS7 does.. they felt like completely different things from different companies to me. Now iOS7 feels like a true mobileOS version of OSX overall. Again, just needs more toggles for the pretty-light show.

George Knighton
Sep 20, 2013, 07:25 AM
(1)Personally, I find that iOS 6 was a little more attractive than iOS 7.

That's just one stupid user's opinion, of course.

(2)There are too many opportunities to consume battery life, and these opportunities are *enabled* by default.

(3)There is still no way to restrict incoming calls to numbers in your Contact List and send the rest to voice mail. This is the single reason that I have continued to jailbreak since the iPhone 3G, my first iPhone.

I'll do the old workaround for now, configuring the default ringer as silent and using setting voice mail to kick in at a short ring count.

But it'd sure be nice to have this functionality in a 2013 iPhone, the same functionality that I had with a cheap Motorola over 10 years ago!!

Still an Apple guy, though, despite this. One ongoing big flaw, but it's still the best thing out there.

Todd B.
Sep 20, 2013, 07:29 AM

It's right there to the right of the screen, in artist view.

ouTCaRD
Sep 20, 2013, 07:30 AM
I don't like the Springboard in general. I miss the shadows and I don't want that ugly dock.

Maybe with something like this...

I know, I know... Just dreaming :rolleyes:

Tyler23
Sep 20, 2013, 07:31 AM

Also:-
7. Shift on the keyboard is no longer obvious. Previously the shift arrow would turn blue or the key would turn blue depending on single lock or full lock. Now it just turns to a solid grey arrow, at first I wasn't sure if shift lock was on or off.

I definitely have the A-Z in artists as well. Not sure why it's not showing up for you. Only reason it has ever not worked for me is when I didn't have many artists.

marktuk
Sep 20, 2013, 07:46 AM
I definitely have the A-Z in artists as well. Not sure why it's not showing up for you. Only reason it has ever not worked for me is when I didn't have many artists.

Not on mine, plenty of artists. It showed on iOS6 and I haven't removed or added any tracks since the upgrade.

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=434536&stc=1&d=1379681240

TroyBoy30
Sep 20, 2013, 07:55 AM
calendar
music app
folders

bushido
Sep 20, 2013, 07:56 AM
the behavior of the multitasking panel and the control center should be switched, i switch betweens apps far more often than changing volume for example. i feel like my home button is gonna break from pushing it so much

and i will never understand the difference between "all" and "missed" in the notification center

Tyler23
Sep 20, 2013, 08:02 AM
Not on mine, plenty of artists. It showed on iOS6 and I haven't removed or added any tracks since the upgrade.

Image (http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=434536&stc=1&d=1379681240)

Hmm, not sure what to tell you. I've attached my screenshot. Maybe try a hard reset? (Hold home and power together until screen turns black, keep holding until Apple logo appears), then check?

How many artists do you have?

Tyler23
Sep 20, 2013, 08:03 AM
the behavior of the multitasking panel and the control center should be switched, i switch betweens apps far more often than changing volume for example. i feel like my home button is gonna break from pushing it so much

and i will never understand the difference between "all" and "missed" in the notification center

Missed are notifications that came through when the phone was locked. All is all notifications.

Poly
Sep 20, 2013, 08:07 AM
I don't like:
-the bad battery life!

chrf097
Sep 20, 2013, 08:08 AM
My only iOS 7 complaint is that there's no quick reply to texts.

Other than that I have no issues with it. The Animations are fine.

MacAlien
Sep 20, 2013, 08:10 AM
The really big thing that is making my head hurt is Messages and the way it looks. It A- Needs to be customizable to it doesn't look like a box of crayons exploded and B- Customizable so it doesn't look like a box of crayons exploded. ;)

marktuk
Sep 20, 2013, 08:11 AM
Hmm, not sure what to tell you. I've attached my screenshot. Maybe try a hard reset? (Hold home and power together until screen turns black, keep holding until Apple logo appears), then check?

How many artists do you have?

32 artists. It shouldn't matter really, anything over 10 artists and it should show, unless they all start with the same letter.

I manage my music manually, only adding the music I listen to frequently to keep the storage usage down.

Tyler23
Sep 20, 2013, 08:12 AM
32 artists. It shouldn't matter really, anything over 10 artists and it should show, unless they all start with the same letter.

I manage my music manually, only adding the music I listen to frequently to keep the storage usage down.

You definitely need more than 32. I think it's at least 50, but not sure. Keep adding some to see what the threshold is.

I know it's not ideal, but as of now it's the way it works.

opmisk
Sep 20, 2013, 08:25 AM
I used to like seeing the rating, but now I have to double tab and then tap on the specific song to be able to see it... too

You're taking the long way around. Simply tap on the song title/artist in the main view, the rating toggle displays. It's a single tap exercise. Much easier than ios 6.

Mercury6
Animations are slow.
Lots of wasted space on the iPad.
Too much white and bright pastel colors but I'm getting used to that now.

Overall I do like iOS 7. I just want it to run smoother on the iPad 3.

marktuk
You definitely need more than 32. I think it's at least 50, but not sure. Keep adding some to see what the threshold is.

I know it's not ideal, but as of now it's the way it works.

Well it worked fine on iOS6. I'm not just putting music on my phone and using up storage space just so I can get the a-z back.

I'll use the Last.fm Scrobbler app. It's a superior app now.

mikosk
Sep 20, 2013, 08:29 AM
iOS7 is polarizing, that is for sure. I feel that the overall look was put above all else, with actual usability being placed second. I've only updated my iPad so far, so this is from that point of view.

One big issue is the overall whiteness of it all. There is very little contrast at times that makes the buttons hard to see and easy to navigate. The keyboard actually got worse with this color scheme. It's just too flat, too bright, too beta-feeling.

And it's the little changes that seem out of place for no reason. Changing Delete to Trash, why? The app switcher is got worse, closing apps now is a longer process. The 3x3 in the folders, there was no reason to do this at all and now makes it harder to use the folders.

Overall I don't really like it. I don't think it improved things at all and is rather just Apple rearranging the table instead of moving forward. If you are going to make such a shift, at least allow users to make some additional tweaks.

One last thing, what is so bad about skeuomorphism? Elements of this actually made iOS6 really pleasing. I mean legal notepads are yellow for a reason, not just because.

Maskusee
Sep 20, 2013, 08:35 AM
I'm still in the process of digesting it, but here are a few:

- not a fan of 3x3 grid of the folders
- childish iMessage colors and look
- native notes app is very bland looking without lines
- reminders app is very bland

** can no longer access my music from double clicking home and swiping to the right**

BTW, besides having the music/ipod app on the front screen of the iPhone, what is the fastest way to access music files? I know you can play a song from the utility center, but how do you access a playlist from there?

opmisk
Sep 20, 2013, 08:45 AM
iOS7 is polarizing, that is for sure. I feel that the overall look was put above all else, with actual usability being placed second. I've only updated my iPad so far, so this is from that point of view.

One big issue is the overall whiteness of it all. There is very little contrast at times that makes the buttons hard to see and easy to navigate. The keyboard actually got worse with this color scheme. It's just too flat, too bright, too beta-feeling.

And it's the little changes that seem out of place for no reason. Changing Delete to Trash, why? The app switcher is got worse, closing apps now is a longer process. The 3x3 in the folders, there was no reason to do this at all and now makes it harder to use the folders.

Overall I don't really like it. I don't think it improved things at all and is rather just Apple rearranging the table instead of moving forward. If you are going to make such a shift, at least allow users to make some additional tweaks.

One last thing, what is so bad about skeuomorphism? Elements of this actually made iOS6 really pleasing. I mean legal notepads are yellow for a reason, not just because.

Closing apps in ios 7: double click home button and swipe = 2 steps
Closing apps in ios 6: double click home button, long press on the row of icons and then tap the tiny red X in the corner = 3 steps.

How is it a longer process in ios 7 ?

age234
Sep 20, 2013, 08:58 AM
I don't like the centered text in search fields, nor do I care for how Safari's address bar works (shows only the domain, centered, unless you tap on it).

Lintott
Sep 20, 2013, 10:29 AM
The looks of the new apps sucks. Especially notes and the Financial prices app.

The new quick access to bluetooth etc is great, but I wish the flashlight turned itself off when pressing the power button. Instead you have to unlock the phone and go back to the switch and toggle it. Usually you would only need the flashlight to check something quick and want the ability to turn it off easily.

Apple should have field tested these changes a lot more. Classic mistake in the software world. Just too bad the specific responsible managers in Apple suck at their job.

rev98
Sep 20, 2013, 11:21 AM
Too much white, with little or no texture.
Wish the bottom row of apps was translucent instead of solid color.
Faster animations or just the ability to turn them off.
Accessing control center is challenging with cases like Lifeproof Nuud and Otterbox.

eda
Sep 20, 2013, 11:35 AM
I'm on an iPhone 5 and in iOS6 I felt that it could handle everything, pressing the home button was quick, locking was quick, waking up was quick.

Now it feels like its been dented by iOS7 and can't perform as well; I'd rather have a really snappy and speedy system than 'cool' new animations.

They'll figure it out though, with 7.1, 7.2 or even iOS8, I think everything will be brushed up.

palmerc2
Sep 20, 2013, 11:44 AM
How white everything is, it's hard on the eyes when it's dark. I wish there was a dark / black theme. That'd be tight.

thejadedmonkey
Sep 20, 2013, 11:46 AM
Open the alarm app up, and make sure you have about 10 alarms listed.

Look at that screen, really, look at it.

Let the white drill into your eyes, and than your sold.

Notice how the screen begins to tint red? Your eyes are bleeding.

Savor the experience.

This moment.

That is what I don't like about iOS 7.

----------

How white everything is, it's hard on the eyes when it's dark. I wish there was a dark / black theme. That'd be tight.

Go with Windows Phone. They're a dark/light theme and about 25 accent colors to choose from.

typeadam
Sep 20, 2013, 11:48 AM
The 3x3 icon arrangements in a folder is disgusting.

THIS! Especially on the iPad! Holy cow it looks terrible! :eek:

iPaul93
Sep 20, 2013, 11:55 AM
1.Music App
-I dislike the big artwork for each album
-I hate the big artwork for artist(instead of list of names) and that you have to scroll through all of the songs just to find the album you want.
2.The battery drains too fast

lJoSquaredl
Sep 20, 2013, 12:09 PM
Animations seem a lil slow but don't know if that's intended or not. (could just be me needing to adjust to the new look too) Overall tho i'm pleased with it, but still prefer the old design. Control Panel is prolly the only real new feature i'll use, and I was fine with goin' into general settings anyways. Pleased but unneeded change for me personally.

fuzion11
Sep 20, 2013, 12:10 PM
I hate that when I go to press "define" a word nothing comes up anymore...can someone pleassssse help with this????

Gus Van Der Mee
Sep 20, 2013, 12:11 PM
At this state it's at least 3 betas away from being called a GM. Apple did what Apple does very good they are testing on general population now.

MalusSylvestris
Sep 20, 2013, 12:21 PM
Generally I love the look of it - so much cleaner and easier to read than iOS 6.

But there are some annoyances which have mostly been mentioned already.

1) Why fade in the lock screen slowly now? If you just want a quick glance at the time or notifications it now takes much longer. I do this several times a day so those seconds add up!

2) The Music app has some major flaws. It looks nice, but showing all tracks rather than grouping by album under Artist View is silly. Also why show text for repeat and shuffle rather than the symbols we know and understand? They weren't skeuomorphic!

3) It doesn't seem to be playing nicely with iTunes Match. Downloading over 3G doesn't seem to work even though the option is on. Also lots of artwork has gone AWOL.

4) I don't like the way the multitasking switcher takes up the whole screen. If the app you want isn't in the switcher then in iOS 6 you could still tap on one on the home screen. Now you have to exit right out of the switcher.

cambookpro
Sep 20, 2013, 04:36 PM
Don't like that you can't turn the grid on/off in the Camera app anymore - it's hidden in Settings somewhere. Don't see the logic behind that.

Macalway
Sep 20, 2013, 04:44 PM
Lose the Animations
Need darker background for notes
The neon text I can't read well.

And there's just too much white everywhere.

You can lower the brightness but this also lowers contrast at the same time.

This is subjective, but I'm not alone.

jdag
Sep 20, 2013, 04:48 PM
Lack of contrast is by far my biggest complaint. With Safari in particular, it is often difficult to see where the tabs end and the actual web pages begin. The thin icons are tough on my eyes as well.

I did turn on the bold fonts in the Accessibility section, and that has helped quite a bit.

But overall, just too much white and light grey causes me to have to strain to pick out elements that should be simple to identify.

Macalway
Sep 20, 2013, 04:57 PM
What they need is an old people theme

You would think it would be Boomer friendly, considering Cook is a geezer :D

in4fun
Sep 20, 2013, 05:02 PM
blocking anonymous callers has been disabled in the final release :mad:

what could be apples motivation to disable such a useful feature?

the only way to achieve this now is to call your provider and ask them to enable ACR (anonymous caller rejection)

some providers ask for a fee to set this up. could this be the reason apple backed down on this feature?

Jeminai
Sep 20, 2013, 05:30 PM
white white white... if I wanted white goods I'd have bought a white phone!
ok so less gruff...
I like the transparencies on home screen and lock pages. animations are so so. the fade is a little slow. didn't find it particularly difficult to navigate.

BUT!
I have recently been investigating the personalization of themes and icons on iPhones (to which there are very few options), I was in fact in the process of using what tweaks I could find...
now of course nothing fits scale-wise and some apps are yet to be updated. but having paid so much attention to the look of my phone recently, it was a real let down to see the visual ios7 "updates".
gaudy is a word I would use here.

the icons have lost all depth and character.
the white is simply overdone. it's as fresh a feeling as a neon tube sucking the life out of my eyes.

I could forgive it all if we were given a choice of themes that we could change.. but no, we are all 1 person to apple perhaps.
iPhones would be great with more customizable options!!! why has this not been implemented?

having seen how other phones are managed and the features they offer I don't think I'll be choosing an iPhone for my next phone, apple is definitely on the wrong track this time.

also... I changed my Apple ID some time
ago. (the email and password) I'm yet to find a way to change my apple account email address on the phone. basically I can't give it the right password because the email is incorrect and thus far cannot be altered in iCloud for one.

ps.
I think at some point "user friendly" can become patronizing.

thekb
Sep 20, 2013, 08:13 PM
This thread is a treasure trove of market research for Apple, if they will heed it.

One suggestion ... not specific to ios 7, but there are so many settings now, why not make them searchable in spotlight search?

jspax
Sep 20, 2013, 10:50 PM
Here are a few of my first observations from a few hours of playing with the update on my iPhone 5...

Lots of the new versions of the apps are too high contracts -- I liked the yellow background and lines on notes -- now it's white and no lines. Doesn't look nearly as good and is hard on the eyes with the higher contracts -- make the background color selectable and give the option of lines or a grid too.
Contact photos are circles? Come on? That looks like itís right out of google+. Not all my images are centered around the face and now itís cropping parts of photos. Logos just donít show right either when itís a business number. Thereís really no functional reason to use the circles. Very, very annoying.
Notifications that you can swipe to get to the app take up more space than before and the first one reminds you that you can swipe it Ė very inconsistent with the scheme to make things less verbose Ė once you know you can swipe it, you donít need the messages, it just reduces the space for other listings even more.
For people in Thailand, it may not be a big deal, but the system Thai font is not the standard Thai script, but a more modern version that Iíve seen on signs and advertisements, but never on any other device or computer font. Maps is using it as wells as many other iOS7 areas. The keyboard on the other hand is using the standard Thai script, so there is an inconsistency here. Use one or the other font everywhere, but make sure itís a real standard and not something someone thinks looks more cool.
The 3x3 grid in folders is lame Ė match what was in iOS6 and add the larger capacity, the reduced size is frustrating coming from the previous iOS
A lot of my videos have the first frame as black Ė all I see when I open the videos app is a bunch of black squares with no text. I have no idea what is what.
The background color for folders is also very aesthetically unpleasing. The color seems to be based on the background, but they just look blah.
It seems that instead of buttons, sometimes you now just press on the text to have something happen, but itís not always clear that the text is for display or interaction. If I hadnít had iOS6 before, Iíd be puzzled how to do some things because itís not intuitive as to whatís active and not.

Functionally there are nice improvements, but the UI really has taken a step backwards (Graphically, it reminds me of something back from the Atari ST or Amiga with limited color pallets). The flat look and reduced color icons are already looking very dated and I don't see the current UI lasting for as long as the previous one did...

-- JS

Umbrarian
Sep 20, 2013, 11:10 PM
Filenames and time lengths no longer appear for videos. I have about 50 videos on my iPad and I have not the slightest idea which is which, or how long they are.

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/Umbrarian/Computers/photo_zpsd1e4a3cd.png (http://s839.photobucket.com/user/Umbrarian/media/Computers/photo_zpsd1e4a3cd.png.html)

Folders now only show 9 items, prior release was 12 (on iphone5).

Loss of lines in Notepad.

Cannot see events for the day in calendar month view.

This functionality was there in prior IOS releases.

Restore iPad to factory settings. Does not really restore to factory settings. Restores to currently shipping settings.

So much white is racist.

mizelly41
Sep 20, 2013, 11:19 PM
Visually it is harder to navigate. The lack of visual buttons makes it hard to distinguish between buttons and text.

With very little contrast, it is harder to see things with your peripheral vision. I find myself actually having to move my eyes to different parts of the screen (more so on iPad).

I don't like the new tab view in Safari on the iPhone. I get lost when I go to it.
Why is the '+' (new tab) not on the same line as the tabs. I'm sure I will get used to it, but it is not where I think to go to add a tab.

I miss the '.com' button. I realize I can hold the period button, but just takes longer.

Animations are horrible. The wait for the lock screen to fully appear is awful.

Command center is nice, but overshadowed by everything else.

Overall, not very happy with it, but I am confident Apple will fix it. I just hope it doesn't' take them too long. My prediction is that at the keynote for iOS9, they will be making fun of the 'flat' design like they did with the green felt type stuff.

anonymous12
Sep 20, 2013, 11:20 PM
1. When I want to close apps I want to close them fast. On IOS 7, the animations take too long and it makes it slower for me to close my apps.

2. I think there's too much white in the messages app. It hurts my eyes. I know there's an invert option but it inverts EVERYTHING.

redkamel
Sep 20, 2013, 11:23 PM
I definitely got the form over function vibe. Its growing on me though....
-I like the new ringtones and stand in images for contacts/songs without photos/art.
-dynamic UI colors from wallpapers is pretty cool
-Control center is good
-notification center is actually kind of useful now.
-camera app is easier to use
-live clock is pretty cool

Things that aren't great
-3x3 icon grid in folders? No reason for that. Now I have pages within folders!
-can't resize non-included wallpapers? Thats a simple bug that shouldn't have been missed
-I have a harder time hitting buttons for some reason...maybe its just me though,
-the new keyboard is getting worse appearing as time goes on.
-lots of white; I keep my iphone pretty dim, so its ok, but if you keep it at full its like staring at a lightbulb
-animations for no reason....why am I zooming around my iphone?
-photos are organized weird. Why can't they just be in albums? Why do they have to be in a timeline?
-game center throws up a bright full length white bar whenever I enter a game as opposed to the subtle notification in iOS6. Because, you know, I HAVE to know I am logged into game center.
-round faces for contacts? I feel like I am on a boat and all my friends are looking through portholes
-It just chews through batter for some reason. Last night I went from 20% to dead in about 20 minutes...and I have background updating off.

mizelly41
Sep 20, 2013, 11:27 PM
Has anyone closed an app with the multitouch gesture? The home screen zooming in around the closing app looks really weird for some reason. I am pretty sure it was similar before iOS7, but the huge app icons flying in just look weird and cheap.

Brittany246
Sep 20, 2013, 11:32 PM
I don't like the look of the stock apps (except for weather). They look like they were put together at the last minute, and they look unfinished. I don't like the color scheme of the apps or the icons. I like the look of everything else in iOS 7 except for that. If they could just improve the look of the default apps I'd be 100% happy.

plainwhitetay
Sep 20, 2013, 11:36 PM
Much the same as everyone else.
-First and foremost for me, it's hideous. I've used it since the betas and it's never grown on me. The stock apps on the inside and out. They're all hideous. I've gone back to iOS 6 and personally, it's much more attractive and intuitive. I don't care what the common consensus suddenly became on skeuomorphism; it makes it intuitive. The perfect example is the current iBooks app.
-The animations. From the lock screen coming and fading, to apps opening and closing. Unnecessary and waaay too long.

The only thing I like is the new lock screen design. Slide to unlock and it all goes downhill for me.

mizelly41
Sep 20, 2013, 11:42 PM
Seems like the Photo Booth app icon should be the Photo app icon. What is the Photo icon?

The thing I don't like about the color scheme and look is that it makes third party apps look out of place. I don't expect other companies to adopt these colors, so they will always stand out. It doesn't look professional.

If this is truly a good design, would you want Mac OS to look and function like this?

warden
Sep 21, 2013, 12:06 AM
i don't like the arbitrary replacement of graphical skeuomorphism with dynamic skeuomorphism (things no longer represent real-life objects, but still interact as though they are real-life objects e.g. bouncing, elastic, parallax). the problem is that shadows, to name an example, are both graphically and dynamically skeuomorphic.

the overall aim should be to make software as easy as possible to use, and this can be helped by mimicking real-world dynamics. but arbitrarily choosing parallax (a great feature in my eyes) instead of - rather than in addition to - shadows (also a great feature) seems careless.

skeuomorphism is the best way to design intuitive software, because all of us have evolved to interact with a physical, not digital, world. we're equipped to understand parallax, shadows, depth, etc. this isn't going to change. no amount of becoming familiar with software will replace this set of hardwired abilities. the reason people are turned off skeuomorphism is because it can feel patronising when it's done to excess. we don't like to be 'deceived' into thinking digital x is a real x. we want digital x to resemble key parts of physical x that help us understand how to interact with it, and its uses.

Umbrarian
Sep 21, 2013, 12:12 AM
The biggest issue I see is most of what is bad, is not a bug but a design decision. They actually thought these changes were better.

Witness the lack of filenames for videos I posted above. Someone actually thought deleting them was an improvement over prior IOS. Imagine if they decided to do the same for music songs. 2000 song library and you have no idea what the title of a given song is.

moderngamenewb
Sep 21, 2013, 12:13 AM
I'm loving it. It's taking me some time to get used to some of the new controls (such as the new multitasking way to close apps). The only things I don't like are that it's draining the battery on my 4S a lot, that there's no transit option for Apple Maps (though I do use Google Maps for transit, it'd be nice if Apple Maps included it too), and the new calendar layout. Otherwise, I pretty much love iOS 7. It's so much better than iOS 6

zoeannmccollum
Sep 21, 2013, 12:15 AM
How do you scale your wallpaper on the new IPhone ios7? It won't let me. (I have Iphone 4s)

DaGrandMastah
Sep 21, 2013, 12:18 AM
I honestly love ios7 but, on the ipad, I hate the fact that the grid for icons is 3x3. I understand why it was done (it's the same icons as you see in the home screen icon) but I just think it's a ton of wasted real estate.

I also hate the wallpapers cause I can't seem to set one without it being completely zoomed in...that looks like it's a glitch though so i'm assuming we'll be getting a patch.

----------

How do you scale your wallpaper on the new IPhone ios7? It won't let me. (I have Iphone 4s)

Yeah that seems like it's a bug. It's not just you. Everyone (me included) are experiencing that problem.

warden
Sep 21, 2013, 12:23 AM

it doesn't allow you to scale wallpapers in ios 7 to preserve the parallax feature (also, i suspect, to reduce the number of phones with tiny wallpapers with big black bars at the top and bottom - apple doesn't like any iphones looking bad)

Zeos
Sep 21, 2013, 12:32 AM
I don't like the way the big lock screen keypad advertises my PIN via oversized flashing buttons.

juliereed
Sep 21, 2013, 12:39 AM

Maybe, just maybe if downloading the iOS 7 update caused no trouble to everyone, it could be a sure hit. But since they started the update with tons of issues, it is impossible for everyone to like this update.

Daysight
Sep 21, 2013, 05:27 AM
Nice to read a thread full of thoughtful, reasoned responses.

I like iOS7. Most of the suggestions I see here seem to be relatively minor issues that affect some and not others.

Both my devices feel refreshed. I'm one of those folks who doesn't see the "whiteness" that others don't like.

The only change I can't adjust to is Calendar, which in liked in iOS6. Too hard to read in a hurry. Had to find a replacement. Calendar 5 is much better, cost $6. Looks like iOS7 is good business for Readdle.

shiinx
Sep 21, 2013, 06:17 AM
IPad-only gestures like 4-finger-swipe to open active apps or 5-fingers to go back to main screen have no updated animations. There is a disconnection between what you do and what you see happen.
For example, in iOS6 when you used 4-finger-swipe from the button, the screen would move up, now the new active apps visuals just appear. With the 5-fingers gesture you can directly see that new animations are supposed to take more time: When you perform the gesture, the current app is minimized to the center of the screen and the apps of the main screen fly in. The animation still takes the same amount of time as in iOS6, but at the end of this time it is not finished and the screen directly jumps to the end. Reason: movement in pixels / time has been reduced, but the animation time for this gesture has not been increased.

Other than that I have to say it works fine on my iPad mini. Now, I only hope that most of my apps will be updated to have new icons. Because right now, there is an ugly mix of old and new icons - even for Apple apps; like iBooks!

ChristianJapan
Sep 21, 2013, 06:38 AM
Don't like that you can't use an old iPhone without SIM card as iPod touch. Before I could skip activation; now jot. I need a SIM to finish the setup. Recycling gets difficult; specially if no SIM is at hand.

Else I struggle a bit with the UI changes in Safari; my muscle memory not yet adopted to the new bookmark position.

And as others no swipe-delete for mails

jqc
Sep 21, 2013, 07:18 AM
Annoyance 1:
I noticed that I have to enter my password for each appstore download, even the free apps and apps I already purchased, I thought they removed this in iOS 6.

Annoyance 2:
Apps that use location services are constantly sending a message saying i can improve accuracy by turning on wifi. Hey apple, if im in a taxi or out and about, which is when i tend to use location services, i dont have access to wifi! I dont know why they dont make it so that the app tells you once, and once you click ok, it never tells you again.

Anyone else notice things that really bug them?

roycemac
Sep 21, 2013, 07:27 AM
I have not updated yet...and may not after reading this thread.

From what i have read here, Apple has Devolved the OS to a more 'one size fits all' approach...very Un-Apple.
I like the legal pad look of Notes. It has character and is visually better at organizing a page of notes!
I don't want to look at round ID photos as if I was a 12 year old girl making a family tree project for school.
And i don't like wasting screen space or being blinded by overly white screens.
The idea of not being able to scale and customize wallpaper is a big turn off, especially for my wife who is an artist and uses her photos to make amazing wallpapers that i am always jealous of.

All I wanted was a quicker way to go between apps.
This would never have happened if Jobs were still alive.
Apple fixed what was not broken and now they have to fix the fix.

I'll wait on the side to see how this plays out before updating.

TommyA6
Sep 21, 2013, 07:45 AM
All those were in iOS 6 as well. Only now, in iOS 7, it's much easier to turn wifi on/off.

Sirious
Sep 21, 2013, 07:53 AM
Annoyance 1:
I noticed that I have to enter my password for each appstore download, even the free apps and apps I already purchased, I thought they removed this in iOS 6.

Annoyance 2:
Apps that use location services are constantly sending a message saying i can improve accuracy by turning on wifi. Hey apple, if im in a taxi or out and about, which is when i tend to use location services, i dont have access to wifi! I dont know why they dont make it so that the app tells you once, and once you click ok, it never tells you again.

Annoyance 1: They did change it in iOS 6.1, but I'm not sure why you're having that problem.

Annoyance 2: The reason why your iPhone asks you to turn WiFi on to use location services is because your iPhone can then use WiFi hotspots (even if you are not physically connected) as crowd-sourced information to accurately find your location.

jqc
Sep 21, 2013, 07:59 AM
for 1, thats my point, it seems to be back. maybe its just me for some reason?

for 2, i understand, but i have no interest in providing data for crowd source and GPS is accurate enough....

FranksWildYears
Sep 21, 2013, 08:43 AM
Annoyance 1:

Annoyance 2:

#1 happened to me during the first beta. If you close the app store, maybe restart your device it should work as expected.

MalusSylvestris
Sep 21, 2013, 08:55 AM
You can scale wallpaper if you turn the parallax setting off.

One other niggle I have with the parallax: if you have the phone locked in portrait orientation but open a game which is in landscape mode, then any system popups have the parallax "back to front" - ie if you tilt the phone top and bottom (holding it in landscape mode) then it shifts the parallax as if you were tilting it left and right (ie top and bottom in portrait mode), and vice versa.

Hard to explain clearly but it just looks wrong. I just noticed this while opening the new Angry Birds game and getting the Allow Notifications popup.

apolloa
Sep 21, 2013, 09:07 AM
I still don't like Safari, the new buttons are confusing and the whole bright white and simple thin icon layout is yuck!
The animations are so so, a bit too slow really and not necessary. Oh and why the hell have they made Notes have a bright white screen? If Apple truly felt bright white was better than they would change the Notes app in Mac OSX to be bright white too, instead of the better yellow colour.

I also don't like how iOS has now totally lost it's individuality and uniqueness in it's interface and looks. It's not a total mash up of iOS and WebOS and Android, I can even seen buttons copied from Google Chrome browser!

Dibberly
Sep 21, 2013, 09:22 AM

It made my wallpaper bigger than what is was

All i did was got the original picture form the pc, opened up in paint (windows machine) and put a thick black border around it.

The sync'ed it back to the phone. Now i can select the same picture and have it how it used to be.

My biggest grip (now im getting used to it) is the bright white screen when you use the dialer.

would have preferred black with white buttons

Donoban
Sep 21, 2013, 09:44 AM
1)

I want a phone that's a phone, not a video game. I don't need to fly into my apps, and then fly back out when I'm done, like I'm playing Call of Duty. There should be an option to disable this annoying gimmick.

These are just my personal observations after using it for 1 day... Other than that, I love iOS 7! ;)

My god, you freaking troll. Someone ban this guy.

Tsuchiya
Sep 21, 2013, 09:58 AM
Is all very pretty but I think that some basic usability has gone out of the window. For example getting the control centre up is a bit awkward in some apps, I need to exit then swipe up to get it. It's made worse if using a case that goes along the bottom edge of the screen.

Also the calendar isn't too great. The last one didn't look as good but fundamentally it work better.

Overall apple has focused too much on the aesthetics.

nebo1ss
Sep 21, 2013, 10:16 AM
There are lots of things I like about IOS7 but hate all the white particularly on the Apple apps. Contact list, Calendar, Calculator, Notes etc are just horrible. How, they think this is better I cannot imagine.

One basic function that is annoying me is answering a phone call. Previously just hit the button to answer now have to swipe. Hopefully, there is an option to change this but not had an opportunity to look for it yet.

VulchR
Sep 21, 2013, 10:25 AM
I have been using iOS7 for about a day, but I have done a lot in that day, both with my iPhone and my iPad at work. The things I do not like are:

Button highlighting when entering passcode in lock screen - why keep the pressed buttons highlighted after they are pressed? To allow the NSA or anybody else in view to obtain your passcode?
The readability of text is somewhat low - I have poor vision, and even with bolder, larger settings for fonts, it is harder for me to read labels in iOS7 than it was in iOS6. For some reason this seems worse on the iPhone than the iPad. There is an separate thread about this.
No 'close all apps' button in command center - or have I missed something?
Maps still sucks where I am - I expected Apple to unveil more accurate information. There is a separate thread about this, and a poll.
Siri is incomplete at best where I am - for instance, it does not include movies playing at the only cinema we have in town.
Swiping up to gain access to control center is unreliable - I am not sure why, but I suspect it's an effect caused by artifacts at the edge of the touchscreen when it is trying to locate the center of my finger.
Currently weather is not showing up in notification center in spite of being toggled on in location services.

However, overall iOS7 is growing on me. I really like and use command center when I can get it to open.

Orlandoech
Sep 21, 2013, 10:44 AM
#1 entire music app is one big annoyance of regression

#2 the copy paste bug in text and iMessage

#3 random reboots still

VulchR
Sep 21, 2013, 10:57 AM
There is already a thread about this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1640407

Stunned Monkey
Sep 21, 2013, 11:03 AM
1.Music App
-I hate the big artwork for artist(instead of list of names) and that you have to scroll through all of the songs just to find the album you want.

This. I have one particular artist with 39 albums, and 459 songs. To get to the last album I don't just have to scroll down through 39 album titles like before. I now have to scroll through ALL 459 SONGS!

What idiot thought this up? Do they not even test these things for usability?

Apple blogger
Sep 21, 2013, 11:30 AM
Well I have a few things and I have even reported to apple but no response ..

1. deleting individual messages is a waste. We can't clear all without going through 3 steps. Irritating.

2.we cannot set up a wallpaper that is not the screen size of the phone .. For eg. U crop a picture to any aspect smaller than the phone , set it up as a wallpaper , they will zoom the pic,hiding some of the part of the pic ...
We even need to go through 3 steps in setting up a wallpaper on a 4S or 4 .. Unlike on iPhone 5

3. there is no index scroll in all music .. I need to keep scrolling to the letter instead of just sliding through the ABCD on the side like on the contacts app.. Apple pointed out in my bug report that it's there but it's not

4. When In artists, I don't find pictures next to them , just album name and their name , in beta 6 we got default pics for them automatically which was cool..

5. After clicking on an artist we don't find albums by them but we get albums + their songs.. To scroll through them is very irritating if u have many albums of 1 artist.. And the effect if the album pushing another album up like they do in alphabets in music and contacts, is very bad.

6. The icons in safari and other sharing icons like stetting up a wallpaper or save to the home screen is very bad .. It's thin and inconvenient and doesn't go with the OS ..

7. From the lock screen if we slide the camera, it opens the camera like any other app unlike in ios 6.. What I mean is that In ios 6 it wasn't there in multitasking when we double click the home button, that means it closed after we didn't use, but in ios 7 we need to manually close it by double clicking..

Apple blogger
Sep 21, 2013, 11:37 AM

troubleonline
Sep 21, 2013, 11:40 AM
I don't like the fact that my battery charger case no longer works since I updated to iOS 7. It tells me that item not a supported accessory charges for 2 secs then stops. Only had since June and love it back up for when am out all day and using Facebook and hipstamatic heavily!

Although I've ordered an Apple leather case with my 5s I would have liked to keep the case on my bag for back up grrr!! Can't even bundle it as a little extra with my 5 when I come flog it eBay :-(

3bs
Sep 21, 2013, 11:43 AM
My god, you freaking troll. Someone ban this guy.

I think you're overreacting.. Just because you're fine with the animations doesn't mean everyone else is or has to be.

apolloa
Sep 21, 2013, 11:44 AM
Is all very pretty but I think that some basic usability has gone out of the window. For example getting the control centre up is a bit awkward in some apps, I need to exit then swipe up to get it. It's made worse if using a case that goes along the bottom edge of the screen.

Also the calendar isn't too great. The last one didn't look as good but fundamentally it work better.

Overall apple has focused too much on the aesthetics.

I am yet to find a way to simply select the month in the new calendar? You HAVE to scroll endlessly through every day of every month to get to the one you want! What the hell usability is that??

And yes, your last comment, that's exactly what you get for letting a designer head up the work on the interface, form over function every time. That's EXACTLY why Jobs never had the teams working on iOS and the hardware speak to each other..

Tysknaden
Sep 21, 2013, 11:44 AM
The colors/ the text-"buttons".
Musicplayer on iPad is a scrollhungry wasteland of useless white.

Yptcn
Sep 21, 2013, 11:46 AM
It made my wallpaper bigger than what is was

All i did was got the original picture form the pc, opened up in paint (windows machine) and put a thick black border around it.

The sync'ed it back to the phone. Now i can select the same picture and have it how it used to be.

My biggest grip (now im getting used to it) is the bright white screen when you use the dialer.

would have preferred black with white buttons

Yo can do it by turning off the parallax effect .

DotCom2
Sep 21, 2013, 11:48 AM
I don't like the Calendar on the iPad. On the phone it's not as bad but I just hate it on the iPad.:(

apolloa
Sep 21, 2013, 12:08 PM
I don't like the Calendar on the iPad. On the phone it's not as bad but I just hate it on the iPad.:(

Not when you have to manually scroll through every single hour of every single day of every single month of every single year on a 4" screen it isn't!

2010mini
Sep 21, 2013, 12:12 PM
I'll definitely agree with not being able to delete texts by swiping, have to hit edit first now, takes longer.

Not to mention the colors are terrible, looks like a child's color scheme now, not very professional to me, not to mention very blinding with the bright white.

Learn how to swipe better.

sn
Sep 21, 2013, 12:21 PM
No big deal but why on earth does the video camera on the facetime logo have a question mark on it?!

Breezygirl
Sep 21, 2013, 12:25 PM
Pretty much everything I don't like. Except the lock screen and the SBS settings, the rest sucks.

DotCom2
Sep 21, 2013, 12:27 PM
Not when you have to manually scroll through every single hour of every single day of every single month of every single year on a 4" screen it isn't!

Yeah, I'll agree with you there. What were they thinking, anyway?

2010mini
Sep 21, 2013, 12:30 PM
Well I have a few things and I have even reported to apple but no response ..

1. deleting individual messages is a waste. We can't clear all without going through 3 steps. Irritating.

2.we cannot set up a wallpaper that is not the screen size of the phone .. For eg. U crop a picture to any aspect smaller than the phone , set it up as a wallpaper , they will zoom the pic,hiding some of the part of the pic ...
We even need to go through 3 steps in setting up a wallpaper on a 4S or 4 .. Unlike on iPhone 5

3. there is no index scroll in all music .. I need to keep scrolling to the letter instead of just sliding through the ABCD on the side like on the contacts app.. Apple pointed out in my bug report that it's there but it's not

4. When In artists, I don't find pictures next to them , just album name and their name , in beta 6 we got default pics for them automatically which was cool..

5. After clicking on an artist we don't find albums by them but we get albums + their songs.. To scroll through them is very irritating if u have many albums of 1 artist.. And the effect if the album pushing another album up like they do in alphabets in music and contacts, is very bad.

6. The icons in safari and other sharing icons like stetting up a wallpaper or save to the home screen is very bad .. It's thin and inconvenient and doesn't go with the OS ..

7. From the lock screen if we slide the camera, it opens the camera like any other app unlike in ios 6.. What I mean is that In ios 6 it wasn't there in multitasking when we double click the home button, that means it closed after we didn't use, but in ios 7 we need to manually close it by double clicking..

1. use EDIT (top left in blue)
2. the said from the beginning that is was an 'edge to edge' design
3. works for me
4. re-sync your music maybe??? I didn't loose any albumn pics
5. got nothin' for ya on this one
6. I tend to agree it took me a few seconds to figure it out
7. I don't understand................

scottsjack
Sep 21, 2013, 12:35 PM
The transition from iOS 6 to iOS 7 has some qualities similar to that of Snow Leopard to Lion/Mountain Lion. The newer OSs have gained connectivity and security but at the price of a great deal of ugliness.

Some of iOS7's icons are embarrassingly ugly, particularly Calendar, Photos and Weather. A real disappointment is the keyboard. It looks boring and is harder to use because it looks less like a keyboard. Bag the anti-skeuomorphism rant Apple. A keyboard is a three-dimensional object, not a graphic.

While I am satisfied with my new iPhone 5c the OS graphics really look like another one of Jony Ive's goofy change for the sake of change moves. iOS 7 is harder to use because of the deterioration of its visuals.

Finally, zooming animations really, really suck. Even Windows lets you turn that garbage off. Come on Apple, get back to basics.

sn
Sep 21, 2013, 12:36 PM
I hate the Artist view in the music app now because it displays the artwork - meaning each artist takes up about three times as much screen space than before.

Only fitting 4-5 artists on a page is ridiculous.

Maverick1337
Sep 21, 2013, 12:52 PM
Something that really bothers me is that they removed swiping right to delete an item. It use to be you could swipe either right or left but now it's only left that brings up the delete option. It's trivial and a minor annoyance at best but why they removed the option for no other functionality puzzles me.

Stunned Monkey
Sep 21, 2013, 01:36 PM
I don't like the fact that my battery charger case no longer works since I updated to iOS 7. It tells me that item not a supported accessory charges for 2 secs then stops.

I have some after market lightning cables, and I get that error every time I plug it in now. In my case the cable still works, iOS just claims that it won't.

Obviously Apple build something in to the OS to pitch a fit about non-Apple accessories. Personally I'm about done with Apple.

L T
Sep 21, 2013, 01:41 PM
I don't like not being able to customise what you put in control centre

Krissypantz2828
Sep 21, 2013, 01:44 PM

This. ^

I don't like that there is no cellular data toggle in control centre, I forget to close the flashlight toggle sometimes(but that could be just me), zoom on the wallpaper because of parallax. And that's it, I generally like iOS 7 but the speed has to seriously be bumped up. I'm reminded of my old android and when I use to flash roms that we're in beta phases when it comes to the animation speed.

dan1000
Sep 21, 2013, 01:58 PM
I do not like art at the expense of functionality. Specifically:

1) Fonts too thin to read
2) Needless animation delay when waking phone
3) Virtually unusable color bars to tell which calendar an appointment belongs to
4) UI so "flat" that the old useful contrasts between sections on an app's screen have been removed, making it hard to tell what's what on the screen.
5) Having to press + in calendar in order to get the view I want, but then not being able to add items in that view.

I hope these things are all fixed in some rapidly released update, but I'm not holding my breath. Sadly, my view is that iOS7 is a wonderful O/S, hindered by its artistic and sub-functional UI. And this from a very long time Apple fan. I feel let down.

Dan

Overg
Sep 21, 2013, 02:20 PM
Overall nice ios

I hate the :
1) keyboard!!! Keyboard!! What is the deal with the white keyboard? Hard to see, and tap. This is the most annoying thing
2) the note app need urgent redesign and color scheme. It is too simplistic.
3) when someone call and you go to different menu the small green bar above the home menu appear with white text. This is completely impossible to read and see.
4) battery life on iPhone 5
5) something is not completely designed in the notification center. Again too simple and look unfinished.
6 all day toggles ( calender...) miss the TODAY in blue so you know where you are.

Boredathome
Sep 21, 2013, 02:30 PM
I dislike the fact that there is STILL no option to show battery percentage on the iPod Touch. It seriously can't be that hard to implement.

Nevaborn
Sep 21, 2013, 02:42 PM
1) No Twitter and Facebook buttons.

2) No Panoramic wallpapers

3) No custom contact details labels.

These need to be put back in. Sure they may still need working an optimising to make perfect for release in the way of panoramic wallpapers.

But custom labels was great in the beta and should still be in there, just like Twitter and Facebook buttons. An update should add features not be removing them.

KUguardgrl13
Sep 21, 2013, 02:48 PM
Overall I like iOS 7 (I only got my ip5 in January, so i haven't been using iOS for ages like some). It seems to work pretty well in my iPhone 5.

I don't like the new calendar app. What happened to the day view on the month view?! Day view is just a waste of space.

For notification center I wish it still showed the calendar as just the events for the day and some for the next day. I hate the new view. I also don't like how much space weather takes and how it's behind by a few hours.

I don't like how much space album artwork takes up in music. It's especially annoying on the playlists page. Also don't like the use of words instead of symbols now. I can see the a-z.

In safari I'm not a fan of the start up page with my bookmarks bar from my Mac and no way to change them. Also don't like how hard it is to find the X to close pages.

Apparently auto correct doesn't understand me or the English language anymore. I was sending a text and it wanted to make food into good.

Rooster411
Sep 21, 2013, 02:56 PM
Hate the white theme throughout.....
Gestures work poorly
Music app is quite buggy
Lack of text reflow in Safari is disappointing
I am about 80% satisfied with it overall.

koigirl
Sep 21, 2013, 02:57 PM
Seems like lots of change for the sake of change without clear improvements in function. Animations seem a little superfluous and just slow things down. Calendar and Notes apps have been pretty much ruined IMO. I paid $5 for Fantastical calendar app after loading iOS 7 onto my iPhone 5 and realizing they'd removed the features I liked from Calendar. Now I'm looking for a good simple notes app. Too much white space overall in the UI. As my daughter said, "It's like they were too lazy to replace what they removed with anything but white space and thin fonts." And why are arrows/text intrinsically superior to buttons? Don't like the new folder format either.

I DO like the pull-up control center and the improved notifications, although both could be even better. Android's notification center is still superior IMO. And why not be able to look for a wifi connection through control center rather than 3 clicks into Settings?

I like the cleaner look but believe they took it overboard/to extremes. Yes, it kinda seemed like I got a new phone after loading it but after playing with it a few days I am again aware of Apple's arbitrary limits. I like iOS better than android but the physical home button is starting to feel archaic after playing with the Nexus 7 and getting a feel for Android. I am NOT loading iOS 7 onto my iPad 3 at this point as I think it would look awful with all that white space on the iPad screen. Hopefully they will maximize it for iPad soon.

msvadi
Sep 21, 2013, 03:08 PM
New Music app is horrible: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1601540&highlight=music+app&page=13

Youtube crashes very often.

AirDrop is a neat idea, but often it takes awhile before my iphone sees another device that's just inches away from it.

But overall, I like the new OS.

LizKat
Sep 21, 2013, 03:33 PM
I was sort of hoping Apple might change the way "Pick a Song" works in editing the World Clock's desired sound for an alarm when one wants to pick a music track instead of the other options. But it seems to work in iOS7 the same as in iOS6.

If your finger slips and you make a bad pick, that selection sits in the set of your picks until it eventually moves off the top of a five-slot list. This is because the list is fed from the bottom, like processing a stack first in first out.

At first I thought that you could probably check any track already in the list and then your next addition would replace THAT pick. Nope. Strictly FIFO. Whatever track you check gets used by the alarm, but when you pick a new track, it goes at the bottom and gets checked. The checkmark only means "yeah, when the alarm goes off, play this one."

This way of having the user operate an edit is not like Apple's usual swipe-to-delete or slide-around editing. Now I do get it that ordering the list means nothing, since the alarm plays only one selection when it goes off. Still, it's time consuming and a royal pain to go back to music library level of the device and re-pick favored tracks back into the list until the erroneous pick pops off the top so you can try again to add the choice you meant to add when that pick got bobbled.

Meanwhile one realizes that making a bad pick doesn't immunize against doing it AGAIN while tryig to fix the list. I almost put my 4S out the window once over this gig. C'mon Apple, anyone can have a fat-fingered day now and then. Help us out here.

A fix to make this a little more friendly seems trivial and its impact pretty local. I'm trying to remember if I ever put in a feedback.

FranksWildYears
Sep 21, 2013, 03:38 PM
Youtube crashes very often.

It's up to the developers of third-party apps to have their stuff running in a stable fashion. I've had no problems with Youtube, but it's not iOS 7 optimised yet.

apolloa
Sep 21, 2013, 04:37 PM
I found something else, if you go to settings - general - background app refresh/ turn it OFF and you get a warning message where in big red letters it states: Disable Background App Refresh.

Now the warning is nice and all, but it's a shame the wording is sized as such it fails to fit into the box it's displayed in! And this was BETA tested? I can forgive some things but not bothering to format text properly so it fits in its display box is 5 year old level IMO!

My how Apple is falling in quality control..

nazaar
Sep 21, 2013, 04:52 PM
I don't like all the bugs... battery indicator said 7%, but phone died anyways. Album art missing. When you close and app sometimes the icon is still there.... and several other weird things I've seen, but can't remember at the moment.

I love the look though, but com'on Apple this in my opinion has got to be the most buggy update you've ever released.

tripleg
Sep 21, 2013, 04:52 PM
Wife and daughter do not like the ugly dock. Blocks quite a bit of their favorite background image. It would be nice if iOS7 had an option to make it transparent. At least in iOS6 it blended in better with the background. In iOS7 it just looks so crude looking. Strange that Apple would not pick up on this type of stuff. They are usually very good with aesthetics.

snorkelman
Sep 21, 2013, 04:53 PM
a) 9 item folder pages, with their awful background dependent colors (that generally blend in way too much with the backgrounds)

b) lack of drop shadow on app/folder text leaving the text to blend into anything but the plainest of backgrounds

between the two of those its now got to stage that the only thing I can bear is to drag every app out of its folder and stick em on a plain black background.

Aniseedvan
Sep 21, 2013, 04:57 PM
Too much white, with little or no texture.
Wish the bottom row of apps was translucent instead of solid color.
Faster animations or just the ability to turn them off.
Accessing control center is challenging with cases like Lifeproof Nuud and Otterbox.

This, I can't access the control centre at all with my case.

The upgrade has thrown up some apps which are being charged all over again (omnifocus, fantastical to come). Whilst i understand a dev has to make money, I really wish there was a better way for upgrades..

ap4lifetn
Sep 21, 2013, 05:17 PM
1) slow ass animations
2) icons
3) color palette in UI
4) color palette in UI
5) color palette in UI

Jailbreak can't come soon enough, with it we can speed up animations and change the icons (i prefer without winterboard)

Jambalaya
Sep 21, 2013, 05:34 PM
It doesn't run on iPad1.

I'd be happy to have the UI and the updated Safari if I cold get it. Now that I've been using it a few days on my iPhone I really like it.

anyjungleinguy
Sep 21, 2013, 06:04 PM
Nothing that I absolutely hate, but I do have a couple of suggestions.

Firstly, I think Control Centre would have been better off as a tab in the Notification Centre. I personally don't see much use for the "Missed" section so I'd have replaced that with Control Centre. I'd then replace the swipe up gesture to bring in you in to multi tasking. To me, a swipe up to access open apps, and as a means to get back to the home screen, would be much more fluid than a double tap of the home button. You would, of course, be able to disable this just like you can disable control centre in apps. I honestly don't think a swipe down and then a swipe left ("Missed" tab) to reach controls would be much of an issue.

Secondly, I like how the Maps UI auto brings in a darker look at night/low brightness. I think that applied throughout the OS would be pretty nice, if optional. The Digg app does this now, it detects your current lighting and time of day and then will automatically use the dark theme. Given how much of the UI uses white, I think this would work pretty well.

Edit: Actually, I really hate their decision to put those little grabber/tab things on the Notification banners. I know they can pulled down, I don't need that ugly little bar on each one to tell me.

Spacial
Sep 21, 2013, 06:07 PM
After they made the corrections before shipping, it's better now. I don't mind it, I don't dislike it, it's just iOS are skinned with some new features and a different look.

darngooddesign
Sep 21, 2013, 06:26 PM
The new quick access to bluetooth etc is great, but I wish the flashlight turned itself off when pressing the power button. Instead you have to unlock the phone and go back to the switch and toggle it. Usually you would only need the flashlight to check something quick and want the ability to turn it off easily....Apple suck at their job.

For my use it's great. If I'm in the dark using the flashlight I want to be able to have the screen off so it's not blinding me. There's a reason why stargazing apps have the red night mode. So I disagree with your last statement.

PJ.
Sep 21, 2013, 06:31 PM

I preferred the old swipe to delete. Why did they make it the opposite and a different second part? What was wrong with the old way?

CTHarrryH
Sep 21, 2013, 06:52 PM
I must admit I've gotten a little more used to in in a couple of days.

On my phone the icons seem to large - they seem OK on my iPad

Why did they change things such as the swipe direction on deleting - as mentioned in several threads it isn't gone - it is just backwards - why. There are several other similar things.

Some stuff is just too white.

They don't bother me as much as others but the animations are sort of stupid - wish I could totally turn off.

Wish there was, or at least none that I've found - a differences - 6 to 7 guide - in 6 you do x in 7 you have to do y.

All for now - probably will find more.

darngooddesign
Sep 21, 2013, 07:04 PM
Something that really bothers me is that they removed swiping right to delete an item. It use to be you could swipe either right or left but now it's only left that brings up the delete option. It's trivial and a minor annoyance at best but why they removed the option for no other functionality puzzles me.

Swiping right takes you back in safari or in many apps. That would conflict with also deleting things. Im retraining myself and still find myself trying delete an item that way.

I'd much rather have the swipe right to go back.

danpass
Sep 21, 2013, 07:34 PM

HipHopTrex
Sep 21, 2013, 07:45 PM
The music and calendars apps. The look, color, design, execution everything pretty much. Music app could grow on me though, I'll give it that. Calendars is just awful now though.

No tweeting from notification center. Lack of weather widget in notification center (is this getting fixed or no? I've heard conflicting things on it)

Also it's a bit too white.

And finally and perhaps most importantly the stupid dock bar. That's what I hated about iOS before 5. I just don't understand why that part of the screen needs to have it. I get the move away from skeuomorphism. I disagree with it but I get it. BUT if you don't want to have it so people easily recognize what an app does anymore, because they should know by now. Then why have that dock bar? It just annoys me.

catapiller
Sep 21, 2013, 08:33 PM
Hi there,
where do you start, I know people don't like change, for no reason. The new features are really quite good. Just the look is questionable.

If I wanted a Nokia or a windows look phone I would of bought one. we all pay a premium price foe a premium phone, now it just looks average.

The overall appearance looks "child like" big bold bright colours. Would it not be possible for Apple to have used definable icons? "classic view" or new?

The messages are hard to read with white text, please bring back black. Also the keyboard, bolder font would be much better.
With the E mail, when deleting, can we have Delete rather than Trash?

I like the new features, great. But please Apple, you are losing the way. I for one will be looking in to removing OS7 and installing os6 again.

SlasherDuff
Sep 21, 2013, 08:35 PM
So....much.... white!

dmrowley
Sep 21, 2013, 08:42 PM
For me, the only thing I really don't like is the new calendar. I find it awkward to use, and very unintuitive. I think I may have to give Fantastical a try...

JonMPLS
Sep 21, 2013, 08:50 PM
I like almost everything, BUT I do not like the new calendar scrolling. I wish it would "detent" or something at the start of the month. Too easy to have 1/2 of one month and 1/2 of another.

But I will say I like IOS 7 a lot so far.

CLASSIC MUSCLE
Sep 21, 2013, 09:06 PM
How can anyone like i0s7 better than i0s6? This is hideous and had honestly caused me to question my allegiance to Apple. How could this disaster of an operating system have happened? Really Apple? Just be honest folks, i0s7 SUCKS!

----------

How do I convert back to 6 and wait this out? Can I?

Breezygirl
Sep 21, 2013, 09:11 PM
You can't go back to IOS 6. Apple stopped signing it. We are stuck with this crap. I think no longer signing IOS 6 and this childlike theme that is horrible might be the end of Apple for me. I've already listed my phone up for sale. Hope some sucker buys it soon. :)

tkwolf
Sep 21, 2013, 09:15 PM
Battery life (I'm quite ocd on this part)
Animations

myrtlebee
Sep 21, 2013, 09:31 PM
A few minor complaints: I wish I could swipe either left or right to close Safari tabs. Also, I wish, in the Music app, that I could change the order of the icons on the bottom row so that "Albums" replaces "Songs". I've come to appreciate the design sense across the UI, although I'm not a huge fan of the settings icon or contacts icon. The paper "texture" in notes and reminders should be eliminated to stay consistent. I do wish all of the third party icons would redesign for iOS 7. Other than that, I pretty much love it -- and that's a total 180 from when I first saw it in June and hated it. It's very fluid on my iPod Touch 5th gen. Oh, and the male voice for Siri is a nice change. Much more natural.

CLASSIC MUSCLE
Sep 21, 2013, 09:35 PM
You can't go back to IOS 6. Apple stopped signing it. We are stuck with this crap. I think no longer signing IOS 6 and this childlike theme that is horrible might be the end of Apple for me. I've already listed my phone up for sale. Hope some sucker buys it soon. :)

Is there a big enough outcry amongst the general public that Apple will get the message quickly? I didn't think i0s6 was bad at all, I was happy with it. If people want these cheap looking features they should have went over to android or windows phone. I'm a BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL, and pulling an iPhone out of my pocket now looks like a Fisher price toy. I mean, compare reminders in 6 and 7. Or text messages in 6 and 7. REALLY APPLE?

jbachandouris
Sep 21, 2013, 09:39 PM
Weather display from home page-words? really? I want the picture and the weekly format back.

The way push and hold to delete text messages. Old way was WAY better.

c6viperkiller
Sep 21, 2013, 09:54 PM
I'm annoyed with the changes made when tapping the title bar. I used that all the time, and now it either works, doesn't work, or requires two clicks. Grr.

Aniseedvan
Sep 22, 2013, 02:06 AM
For me, the only thing I really don't like is the new calendar. I find it awkward to use, and very unintuitive. I think I may have to give Fantastical a try...

Just hold off that purchase as they are in the process of releasing a v2 which will be another paid app, even for those of us who bought v1 when it came out (a year ago?). Upgrade gripe aside, I haven't even opened the stock calendar app since upgrading to iOS7!

Slayter
Sep 22, 2013, 02:43 AM
On iPad in iOS7, if you have disabled Control center and you are in app, you can't swipe up with 4 fingers to access volume and brightness, you can only go to multitasking. IF you have enabled Control center, then ok, but you will accidentaly open it many times because you don't need four fingers for it.
iOS6 on ipad was designed much smarter in this case.

macjock
Sep 22, 2013, 03:02 AM

Someone else may have replied to this but you can delete by swiping, just you need to swipe the opposite way.

Donoban
Sep 22, 2013, 03:15 AM

Looolz. News flash.... Apple fan sells iPhone due to dislike of the new iOS 7.

You made my day.

Slayter
Sep 22, 2013, 04:13 AM
Also I dont know why, but spotlight no longer offers google search!!! Why Apple? Now I have to open safari each time I want to search something. Much less convenient. :mad:

xoneo
Sep 22, 2013, 05:19 AM
Hey guys, this is my first post here though I've read contents of this website about 4 years now, I've just made an account ...
Thing is I have an iPhone 4S for almost two years now, updated to iOS 7 immediately after it was released and I actually not hated that so much but kinda not like it too.(It to me smells Android! from ending the tasks till upper buttons in Control Center & honestly I don't like these new borrowed designs and please correct me if I'm wrong) btw,
for about two years I don't have any issues with the device but after updating I enabled Siri to check any progress for voice recognition and after a while I wanted to disable it again, then I saw bunch of horizontal lines on the Display (just like when a graphics card is dying usually on a PC) and then my iPhone rebooted. It's OK now but I guess it is not fit into Apple's ecosystem, such bugs, and another annoying thing is that Safari was on Private before I was updated and now the Private mode built into Safari but every time I open Safari its Black and 'Coz I usually searching words into pages (Find a word) it took me 3 days that I finally found Next-Prev buttons( < > ). It is absolutely hidden when in private.

Sorry guys for loooooong story but I guess I had to write these because this is not a rugged OS like before, it is so buggy,kinda Android y ! and I hope they will hear & fix these things.

umzyi
Sep 22, 2013, 05:52 AM

you can delete by swiping to the left now.

Dibberly
Sep 22, 2013, 06:58 AM
Yo can do it by turning off the parallax effect .

tried that and its still bright white in colour :(

roycemac
Sep 22, 2013, 07:10 AM
Why put off the inevitable....so i did the upgrade...or whatever it is.
HERE's my summary:
PROS
No big loss with drop shadow icons. I like the new ones better
Keyboard is bigger and fewer typing errors. good change
Control Center is good addition to fast access camera, brightness etc.

CONS
white!!!!! Everywhere is blinding white.
Using my Ipad for 30 minutes has actually made me a bit nauseous. Between the blinding white and the clunky, not-so-smooth animation with every screen change i am experiencing motion sickness! This has given me a slight headache.
Wtf Apple? Did you test this with sailors only? And only sailors with reduced vision capabilities?

Some said that custom labels in Contacts was gone but they are still there.
The photos is good but a bit confusing to get out of the Collections screens. Not sure why they created this.

But everything is WHITE.

And it is definitely eating the battery faster

MrGimper
Sep 22, 2013, 07:31 AM
My one big gripe.... On the lock screen, you now only have to swipe about a 3rd across the screen from anywhere to unlock the device.

The old unlock mechanism was much more purposeful and deliberate. And in my view, better.

apolloa
Sep 22, 2013, 07:53 AM
Hey guys, this is my first post here though I've read contents of this website about 4 years now, I've just made an account ...
Thing is I have an iPhone 4S for almost two years now, updated to iOS 7 immediately after it was released and I actually not hated that so much but kinda not like it too.(It to me smells Android! from ending the tasks till upper buttons in Control Center & honestly I don't like these new borrowed designs and please correct me if I'm wrong) btw,
for about two years I don't have any issues with the device but after updating I enabled Siri to check any progress for voice recognition and after a while I wanted to disable it again, then I saw bunch of horizontal lines on the Display (just like when a graphics card is dying usually on a PC) and then my iPhone rebooted. It's OK now but I guess it is not fit into Apple's ecosystem, such bugs, and another annoying thing is that Safari was on Private before I was updated and now the Private mode built into Safari but every time I open Safari its Black and 'Coz I usually searching words into pages (Find a word) it took me 3 days that I finally found Next-Prev buttons( < > ). It is absolutely hidden when in private.

Sorry guys for loooooong story but I guess I had to write these because this is not a rugged OS like before, it is so buggy,kinda Android y ! and I hope they will hear & fix these things.

Just to let you know Android is currently a hell of a lot less buggy and much better too use then iOS 7 is! My nexus 7 is a joy to use, my iPhone is not because of all the bugs and the white white white backgrounds!

Jon-PDX
Sep 22, 2013, 08:06 AM
Great thread, thanks for starting this.

The issue for me it's the overall look and feel of the UI on my ipad3. It used to be when switching between my desktop, phone, laptop, or iPad everything looked and responded basically the same.

Why they did not just add the features the way they have in the past without changing the look and the way we interact with the apps in just about everything was in my opinion was a bad move on there part.

Hey Apple, remember what happened to Microsoft stock when Windows-8 came out?

The icons were one of the things that set Apple apart from their competitors. I'm really glad I have not updated the iOS on my iPhone. I upgrade my phone every two years and was planning on getting the iPhone 5S but will hold off for now.

My short list of dislikes....

- Notes looks bad in all white.
- Calendar it harder to read and use.
- The thin lines instead of buttons in Safari.
- Icons look like they used them as place holders because they did not have time to design new ones.
- Swipe to the left to delete email and iMessages really messed me up.
- To.....Much......White.
- Light gray was not a good choice with all the white.
- Keyboard color choices.

I get the impression Apple is trying to merge iOS and OSX. If that's the case then they should have made iOS on the iPad look more like OSX.

With that said, I've only put about 20 hours use into iOS 7 but there appear to be some nice improvements in the background which is what an update should provide. I just wish they had not made so many of the other changes just because they thought they needed to.

Someone suggested having an option to switch between the new look and the classic (iOS 6 look). If I could do that I would have only been reading this thread and not posted everything I just wrote.

Jon...

----------

Almost forgot, where is Spotlight search on the iPad?

Under iOS 6 all I had to do was swipe to the right on the main screen. I can't do that now on iOS 7. Is it gone now or just really well hidden?

Jon...

Ashin
Sep 22, 2013, 08:07 AM
Biggest flaw in iOS7 is quite obviously the slow animations.

jdag
Sep 22, 2013, 08:10 AM
[/COLOR]Almost forgot, where is Spotlight search on the iPad?

Under iOS 6 all I had to do was swipe to the right on the main screen. I can't do that now on iOS 7. Is it gone now or just really well hidden?

Jon...

Swipe down on the home page...just not from the top of screen as that is for the notification center.

Jon-PDX
Sep 22, 2013, 08:15 AM
Swipe down on the home page...just not from the top of screen as that is for the notification center.

Thank you very muchÖ I appreciate that :-)

Jon...

xoneo
Sep 22, 2013, 08:25 AM
Just to let you know Android is currently a hell of a lot less buggy and much better too use then iOS 7 is! My nexus 7 is a joy to use, my iPhone is not because of all the bugs and the white white white backgrounds!

By Androidy, I meant borrowing some of Androd's design like my friend's GS3 in a way I just dont like.

AppleBanana
Sep 22, 2013, 08:30 AM
Hey guys, I'd just like to share what's been happening on my iPhones (both are 4S) lately. If you guys have a solution for these problems, please do reply.

On my first phone, I only have 16gb of space and had less than 1gb remaining. Since the update needed at least 3gb, I deleted more than half of my music. It was good, nothing wrong at all. Until I accidentally dropped my phone from around 2 feet. Since I was using X-Sim, the "invalid sim" came out. I restarted my phone and it was all back to normal. Until I noticed that my control center's music wasn't working. I can tap on play, next and previous but it won't work. It was working the first night I got iOS 7 but it stopped working the day after. After a day or two, I was playing a game with tilting in it and nothing was wrong. But after the next time I tried the game out, it seemed like my phone was stuck on portrait orientation. My phone can't recognize if I'm on landscape mode or moving the screen sideways. Can this be a bug because it's just the first version? Or was this because of the drop?
Another problem is that with my latest iTunes, I decided to transfer all my music back to my phone but what happens is that it only syncs 1 SONG PER ARTIST.

On my second phone, the second I updated it, all of my contacts were deleted and my phone restarts by itself. When I'm trying to send a message and choosing a contact, my phone still seems to know all my contacts and shows up with their name and number. With the phone app or contacts app though, it shows nothing at all.
Note: this wasn't dropped at all after the update.

I really hope all these problems are just bugs since I'M FREAKING OUT. lol
Note: all were updated through settings-general-updates thingy.
I know it's long and all but thanks for the time for reading. :)

apolloa
Sep 22, 2013, 08:30 AM
By Androidy, I meant borrowing some of Androd's design like my friend's GS3 in a way I just dont like.

Oh yeah, they have ripped off Android and WebOS a treat, quite hypocritical of them considering how they constantly accuse everyone else of copying Apple!

spuddy026
Sep 22, 2013, 09:25 AM
Not that fond of new colors and child like icons but can live with it.

What I am really having a problem with is the white washed out rectangle at the bottom of the screen. It is "butt ugly". What were they thinking. Please make it go away or give 'choice' (okay I dreaming) of a clean screen.

iPad upgraded to iOS 7. Iphone hmm, that thing is so ugly and out of place. It will drive me bonkers. I am picking looks over functionality.

Can't believe I am saying that :confused:

delphus
Sep 22, 2013, 09:36 AM
Most of my iPhone devices like iPhone pad. iPhone 4S charger and my power bank that could charge my iPhone 5 times won't work. iPhone 5 with iOS 7 now says all devices aren't compatible anymore. That sucks. My power bank is brand new. Paid 80 bucks on it and it iPhone won't charge on it anymore.

Sucks

InTheMist
Sep 22, 2013, 09:56 AM
It lacks polish.

I thought I would hate the flatness and colors. I don't.

What bothers me are inconsistencies in the interface, some lags, and even bugs in animations (iPhone 5, iPad 4).

Especially on the iPad. Try this:
Five finger pinch to go back to the home screen. Icons don't scale properly.
Four finger swipe up to bring up multitasking has gaps in the icons that don't scale properly and have inconsistent gaps in them.

I'm sure that they'll fix it, and I'm remaining an enthusiastic fan of Apple, but it's disappointing.

Gutwrench
Sep 22, 2013, 09:59 AM
I'm pretty satisfied with iOS 7.

What I don't care for is the mail and calendar apps but that's not iOS 7 specific. From my selfish perspective I wish Apple would see them as core apps and design them for serious enterprise use.

Vidikron
Sep 22, 2013, 10:00 AM
The default calendar view is useless. A bunch of dots tells you nothing. Calendar items in Notification Center are also now completely useless. Seeing "You have 3 items starting at 9am" isn't useful.

Then you have all the animations. They wouldn't bother me that much except they actually made folders smaller so that the 9 icons visible in a folder icon would match their zoom animation when opening that folder. Ridiculous. Folders needed to be bigger, not smaller. Especially on the iPad where folders are largely just empty space. Yes, they added pages, but it would be much more useful to have bigger folders with pages, not smaller folders that force you to need a bunch of pages. But, no, they wanted their stupid animation to look perfect.

iOS7 is mostly an exercise in form over function.

iWaldo
Sep 22, 2013, 10:06 AM
Generally liking it except for a couple of things:

First, the grab area for the control center is so much smaller than the one for notifications. Half the time I can't even pull it up because my case gets in the way.

Second, every so often an animation will hang completely. I'll unlock it or swipe the screen and it just stops halfway through. It'll stay frozen that way until I touch the screen, then it'll jump to where it should be like nothing ever happened...

snowleopard48
Sep 22, 2013, 10:28 AM
A few things. I love iOS 7, but some things are starting to drive me crazy.

1. No more play symbol in menu bar. Why was this removed? It served a simple, yet useful purpose and was unobtrusive. I hope it returns.

2. Not enough visual feedback when taking a photo, and further, the 'take photo' button doesn't stop being pressed once you have pressed it once, leading to multiple photos when you only meant to take one.

3. 3x3 folders, especially on iPad. Looses a lot of screen real estate and makes folders harder to navigate, I have to swipe to find apps I could have had on one screen in iOS 6.

4. Inconsistent app updates - the Podcasts app, Find my Friends and iBooks have yet to be updated and still feature old icons. That's pretty bad. Find my iPhone still features old UI.

acidrain79
Sep 22, 2013, 10:31 AM
Only complaint about iOS 7 is the aforementioned animations taking a little too long to complete when you close out of an app and return to the home screen. Just not a fan of the delay in being able to tap an icon immediately caused by the animations having to finish first. The notification center has a similar delay, I guess due to the newly added "bouncing" animation that happens when you pull it down. Not as bad as the homesceen delay but still sometimes annoying. If they can speed these 2 things up, then I will be happy. Otherwise, I love iOS 7!!!!

the8thark
Sep 22, 2013, 10:45 AM
Not enough Forstall jokes . . . nah just kidding . . . seriously though:

1. Folder colour. Needs options of black/white/grey
2. Not enough iOS6 -> iOS7 documentation. It will take a user a while to learn how to do everything in iOS7.
3. No option to choose to have the standard or inverse colour keyboard always
4. No option to have the dock use different transparency shades, instead of just the same one as the background as is now.
5. Newsstand looks ugly. The icon for the app is nice but the shelves need a renovation.
6. Having an option to make the parallax effect stronger or weaker. I personally want to turn it up. I can hardly notice it on my iPad.
7. No option for 4x4 and 5x5 in folders.

That's about it for now.

xraydoc
Sep 22, 2013, 10:55 AM
There are several things I don't like, but the ones that first come to mind first are:

- The iPhone/iPod calendar is horrible. List (agenda) view is buried in the search screen (magnifying glass). Why?? Why not front and center? I've had to go with a third-party calendar for better functionality. For what it's worth, I have no complaints about the iPad calendar.

- In too many apps, I can't tell what text labels are buttons and what are simply labels. The camera app is a good example of this. Text along the top is tapable, text under the image - though same font and style - is not tapable. I can't believe Jonny Ive thinks this is better.

- Not enough contrast between certain backgrounds and the dark boxes indicating folders on the homescreen. Since the color of the folder box is calculated based on the background color/pattern, they should tweak it so it's more contrasty and easier to see.

- No sound upon unlocking the phone. I liked that little bit of feedback.

myrtlebee
Sep 22, 2013, 11:11 AM
Has anyone been having trouble with their weather app updating? My location services are on, but it still says it is Saturday for a number of locations (including my own) and some of the weather is also out of date. Tried turning the iPod completely off and then on after a minute, but still get the same issue.

geofffitch
Sep 22, 2013, 01:35 PM
Newsstand was never a good idea, really doesn’t do anything for the user, but under iOS 7 its behavior has become much more problematic.

Essentially, Newsstand is a folder for your newspaper and magazine apps. That’s it. Only it comes with one added constraint – the rule that these apps can only exist in this folder. So, the essential functionality is to reduce user freedom – no added benefit, unless you consider displaying the apps on a shelf like skeuomorphism a benefit (Yes, under iOS 7 it looks more like an Ikea aluminum shelf, but still a shelf.) Personally, I want to put my New York Times app on a home screen, but Newsstand prohibits this.

In iOS 7, however, things got much worse. (These comments pertain to the iPad version of Newsstand.) It now appears that Newsstand is trying to function like the home screen. When Newsstand is open, the four finger grab that returns you to the home screen is not functional, nor is the side swipe to move to another app (the only way to get out of Newsstand is to press the home button or go into multitasking mode.) But note in multitasking mode, you cannot dismiss the app and if you return to the home screen, it no longer appears in multitasking mode. Open a newspaper or magazine then do the four finger grab from that app and you don’t return to the home screen, you return to Newsstand!

All of this points to the fact that Newsstand is operating as some sort of special mode or imitation of the homescreen. Aside from being completely irritating, this must violate all sorts of standards of app behavior on iOS. (You can think of Newsstand as embodying the narcissistic personality disorder. It really must insist that it is more important than it is.)

InTheMist
Sep 22, 2013, 02:54 PM
Has anyone been having trouble with their weather app updating? My location services are on, but it still says it is Saturday for a number of locations (including my own) and some of the weather is also out of date. Tried turning the iPod completely off and then on after a minute, but still get the same issue.

Yeah, neither my weather nor calendar (events) are updating reliably.

dave8209
Sep 22, 2013, 02:56 PM
iOS 7 is the Vista of iOS

Orchidkid
Sep 22, 2013, 03:15 PM
Zoom in and out animations. Would be nice to be able to turn it off.

ryan42
Sep 22, 2013, 03:15 PM
I've detailed my disdain of the iOS 7 calendar app here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF_YXJ35lfY)

There's a lot of stuff I don't like about iOS 7 but the Calendar app sends me into fits of rage when I try to use it.

In general I feel like the whole OS shows you less information on the screen because the space between elements is larger and the elements themselves are larger. There are places where the phone has a large placeholder when there's zero information, for instance, the notes field in the contacts view, the three rows given to Calendar events in the Today view when you have no calendar events at all...

I have kept my main phone on iOS 6 and will probably stay there until I feel like iOS 7 has its annoyances worked out.

apolloa
Sep 22, 2013, 05:07 PM
Another thing I don't like, is the God awful loud DONG noise it now makes everytime I plug it in to charge, which is now more frequent!

I think I am heading towards the decision of getting a Sony Xperia Mini for my phone, If Sony make it and it has that excellent camera.

I'll keep my Mac life to their computers, well until they screw Mac OS up as much as iOS that is!

Unfotunately it means I'll have to use iOS7 for a while yet. blaahhh

Chimom79
Sep 22, 2013, 05:17 PM
I am with many people here that have stated their issues. I now only have iPad, so can't comment on the iPhone, but there are def a few things that bug me. Mainly:

- Wasted real estate on the iPad screen
- Those 3x3 tiles in the folders
- Battery drain
- Slow response to a few things (not bad for me tho)
- And for me, the MOST annoying issue, that control screen that pops up from the bottom of the screen! Its nice but I am constantly sliding that thing up almost every time I am just trying to do normal scrolling! Why cant they have made that where you slide it up from lower down or directly in the middle or something?!

MacFan782040
Sep 22, 2013, 09:04 PM
THE CAMERA APP:

1) I hate the burst "feature". In iOS6, I could have my finger on the shutter button, and when I lifted my finger up, the photo would take. Now, if I keep my finger held over the button I get a bunch of photos by accident that I did not want to take.

2) The Video/Photo/Square/Pano slider is way to close to the shutter button. I have captured some photos by mistake just trying to change from photo to video. Who really wants "square" anyway? Whenever I shoot something for Instagram I much rather have the original full size photo anyway, and then just crop it in Instagram....

3) The flash button. When I press it, the options (auto, on, off) come up in white text overtop the screen. Today, I was shooting outside and the sky showed up as bright white at the top of the screen, where these buttons are when you tap it. They blend in. I couldn't even see the words. I had to point the camera at the ground, just so I could see the text and change my flash option!

NOTIFICATIONS:

4) in iOS6, when a notification such as a text came through, the banner would be at the top of the screen where the time/battery/etc. are. Now, it seems that the height of the banner is much taller, taking up more than just the time/battery/signal strip at the top. This covers up some buttons in some apps and I have to wait for the banner notification to disappear before doing anything again... wasn't this the whole point of banner notifications?

5) The weather does not always show up up in my notifications. Most of the time there is no text. And I miss the 7 day forecast with numbers and icons. Why just have text?

6) Why all the wasted space under calendar on the notifications if there are no events scheduled?

7) I don't understand the point of "All" and "Missed". Combine the two.

8) The Today/All/Missed bar at the top is not centered! I just find this sloppy....

OTHERS:

9) Fading in from a lock screen takes too long, if you are only quick checking the time.

10) The delay when going back to the home screen after tapping the home button.

11) Control Center is nice, but I wish we had the option to pick the apps at the bottom.

12) Auto-update apps should have "on wi-fi" only option. Otherwise, it's OFF

13) I wish in text messages, you didn't have to tap "load earlier messages" each time when you want to scroll back in time. Just load them auto when you scroll up to the top.

Boredathome
Sep 22, 2013, 09:20 PM
THE CAMERA APP:

2) The Video/Photo/Square/Pano slider is way to close to the shutter button. I have captured some photos by mistake just trying to change from photo to video. Who really wants "square" anyway? Whenever I shoot something for Instagram I much rather have the original full size photo anyway, and then just crop it in Instagram....

3) The flash button. When I press it, the options (auto, on, off) come up in white text overtop the screen. Today, I was shooting outside and the sky showed up as bright white at the top of the screen, where these buttons are when you tap it. They blend in. I couldn't even see the words. I had to point the camera at the ground, just so I could see the text and change my flash option!

Fixes for this:

1. You can just swipe the actual camera image to switch between the video/camera/square/pano options, you don't have to touch the text.

2. I have no idea what the problem is here because the flash toggle is on top of a black bar when I'm using the camera app. I can see it perfectly when taking a bright photo.

This is what my camera UI looks like for reference.

thekb
Sep 22, 2013, 09:29 PM
THE CAMERA APP:

1) I hate the burst "feature". In iOS6, I could have my finger on the shutter button, and when I lifted my finger up, the photo would take. Now, if I keep my finger held over the button I get a bunch of photos by accident that I did not want to take.

NOTIFICATIONS:

4) in iOS6, when a notification such as a text came through, the banner would be at the top of the screen where the time/battery/etc. are. Now, it seems that the height of the banner is much taller, taking up more than just the time/battery/signal strip at the top. This covers up some buttons in some apps and I have to wait for the banner notification to disappear before doing anything again... wasn't this the whole point of banner notifications?

1) Agreed

4) Actually it works much better now. You can swipe it up and out of the way, whereas before, you HAD to wait for it to clear before you could access buttons that were at the top of the screen.

pogiepnoy
Sep 22, 2013, 10:30 PM

You have to swipe to the left now. then u can delete it

----------[COLOR="#808080"]

----------

1. i dont like how the caller id picture is blurry when making a call.

2. Cant adjust size of custom wallpaper picture.

3. Passcode and fingerprint require passcode timeout gives only the "immediately" option. Should have 1 min, 2 min, etc...

4. I dont like how theres no more battery animation when charging phone.

5. There should be an option to just have the fingerprint scanner to open phone and not both the numerical and finger scanner.

dglenn9000
Sep 22, 2013, 10:42 PM
Control Center - I don't like that there are not more options in control center like location toggle, brightness, personal hotspot, etc. I got use to boss prefs.

Safari - The damn swipe from left to right in safari to bring up the previous page. I keep doing this on accident when zoomed in and sliding to the right to see the text on that side.

Safari - not sure I prefer the new tabs 3d view over the old way. Sure it looks better but instead of just clicking on a tab up at the to to get to the page, I have to click on the icon at the bottom right, scroll thru to find the tab and click the tab to open.

- some icons are ugly.

- wish folders had some kind of outline around the icon. Depending on the wallpaper you have the folder icons can look really bad. I had to choose a darker wallpaper because of this.

Not the end if the world but some items that bug me. I didn't care for os7 at first but it has grown on me.

MacVault
Sep 22, 2013, 10:51 PM
Why did Apple have to butcher the UI? What was so wrong with the iOS 6 UI? Sure, do away with the skumorphisms or tone them down but gee, why no contrast, text instead of "buttons", etc. It just seems discombobulated to me. Like Apple has an identity crisis. Android is laughing at Cupertino.

MacFan782040
Sep 22, 2013, 10:58 PM
Fixes for this:

1. You can just swipe the actual camera image to switch between the video/camera/square/pano options, you don't have to touch the text.

2. I have no idea what the problem is here because the flash toggle is on top of a black bar when I'm using the camera app. I can see it perfectly when taking a bright photo.

Turn the camera sideways and you'll see what I mean. I never take photos vertically.

----------

Fixes for this:

PS- 1) did not know that. Thanks for this

cuencap
Sep 22, 2013, 11:06 PM
I don't like being required to double tap the top of the screen in safari to quickly scroll to the top of the page.

tripmusic
Sep 22, 2013, 11:52 PM
I don't like the fact that only a few days after the release of 7.0, I can no longer downgrade to 6.1.3 because Apple stopped signing it. Had I known, I would never have updated.

I hate texting colors/keyboard

I hate that on most backgrounds I can't make out my folders

Too much white... very hard on the eyes

Control Center is a good idea however, why isn't Cellular Data there? I switch between that and WiFi constantly. Better yet, why not make Control Center user customizable so each individual can add the short-cuts to the things THEY use most?

I can go on, but I won't

Monte2
Sep 22, 2013, 11:58 PM
- And for me, the MOST annoying issue, that control screen that pops up from the bottom of the screen! Its nice but I am constantly sliding that thing up almost every time I am just trying to do normal scrolling! Why cant they have made that where you slide it up from lower down or directly in the middle or something?!

You can disable the control panel from functioning in apps in the settings menu.

tripmusic
Sep 23, 2013, 12:13 AM
I like the new features, great. But please Apple, you are losing the way. I for one will be looking in to removing OS7 and installing os6 again.

You can't downgrade anymore. Apple isn't signing the 6.x.x updates now. I want to go back to 6 as well

djtech42
Sep 23, 2013, 12:15 AM
It's amazing how picky people can be about the first release of a major redesign... Obviously, things will get cleaned up!

Eckscaliber
Sep 23, 2013, 12:36 AM
I don't like that Game Center still doesn't have a chat feature.

ewilson6
Sep 23, 2013, 12:48 AM
Did you guys try swiping from right to left to delete your messages?

It works for me.

MalusSylvestris
Sep 23, 2013, 03:46 AM
Did you guys try swiping from right to left to delete your messages?

It works for me.

It works in the list view for deleting all messages from a given person, but not for swiping on a particular message.

Another thing I don't like - the photo viewer app keeps on freezing when I try to swipe between photos.

TheSparra
Sep 23, 2013, 05:36 AM
Is it me, or is there no longer any way on initiating the íLock Screení in os7?

I liked being able to initiate it using the On/Off button (top button)

This also enabled me to lock the screen during a call (ensuring no accidental Ďear relatedí screen navigation)

Andy Ftw
Sep 23, 2013, 05:53 AM
1) Agreed

4) Actually it works much better now. You can swipe it up and out of the way, whereas before, you HAD to wait for it to clear before you could access buttons that were at the top of the screen.

Not true. You could swipe it away on iOS 6 aswell by swiping from to right to left.

From A Buick 8
Sep 23, 2013, 06:00 AM
Is it me, or is there no longer any way on initiating the íLock Screení in os7?

I liked being able to initiate it using the On/Off button (top button)

This also enabled me to lock the screen during a call (ensuring no accidental Ďear relatedí screen navigation)

I still do this all the time, not sure why it does not work for you.

lord e55ex
Sep 23, 2013, 06:12 AM
I think I speak for the millions when when I say the Calendar app. Only thing i dont like

robjulo
Sep 23, 2013, 06:21 AM
"Today" is largely useless. As a supposed answer to Google Now, it is not even close.

TheSparra
Sep 23, 2013, 06:34 AM
I still do this all the time, not sure why it does not work for you.

So if you have Passcode Lock (in General Settings) set as something other than 'Immediately', you are able to initiate the Lock Screen using the Top Button?

Whenever i try to initiate Lock Screen it just turns the screen off....and during a call, it terminates the call. (where as before it would just lock the screen)

Perhaps its annoying me because its different. But i found the 'old way' useful.

TimCook
Sep 23, 2013, 07:03 AM
One big thing I feel is missing from iOS7 is a "close all" option when in task manager

There is a big empty space at the top of the screen where this option could easily be placed
I hope it gets added in a patch soon :apple:

cmeisenzahl
Sep 23, 2013, 07:06 AM
I wish some of the animations were a bit quicker or could be reduced. And some of the icons look a little cheap, imho.

hafr
Sep 23, 2013, 07:12 AM
Well, you only HAD to wait unless you were willing to swipe to the left to remove the banner ;)

I initially thought Apple had removed the option to "swipe away" the banners :)

Samanosuke
Sep 23, 2013, 07:12 AM
Lack of f. lux and a way to swipe to lock vs hitting power button and swipe to get to switcher instead of hitting home button twice.

Jon-PDX
Sep 23, 2013, 07:23 AM
Now that I had more time to use Safari on my iPad.....

I've learned to dislike the really small "x" used to close a Tab.

Jon...

OllyW
Sep 23, 2013, 07:33 AM

I'm exactly the opposite.

I don't like the iPhone version and find it hard to read and unintuitive. The iPad version has a similar layout to the OS X app, so it looks good and is easier to use.

Iamjhil
Sep 23, 2013, 08:06 AM
The music app.

1. with the album art showing it takes 3x longer to find what song/artist you want to play.

2. not have the albums split up is annoying, i really don't like the scrolling down to next album. I like being inside 1 album at a time.

3. My biggest issue with the Music app is the 'Complete this album' link if i download a song from an album, it gives me a link to open up the rest of the album, and buy the songs. I'm all for buying music in iTunes, but don't push itunes store into my music collection. it's annoying

byke
Sep 23, 2013, 08:34 AM
I think just the very fact that apple wont let you roll back to IOS 6 if you don't like IOS 7 speaks buckets.

If IOS 7 was really so great, why would people want to go back to IOS 6 ?

Tyler23
Sep 23, 2013, 08:36 AM
I think just the very fact that apple wont let you roll back to IOS 6 if you don't like IOS 7 speaks buckets.

If IOS 7 was really so great, why would people want to go back to IOS 6 ?

The number of people wanting to go back is so miniscule compared to the number of people that don't.

Someone will always not like change, it does not speak for the masses.

byke
Sep 23, 2013, 08:39 AM
The number of people wanting to go back is so miniscule compared to the number of people that don't.

Someone will always not like change, it does not speak for the masses.

How would you know if this is not even an option?
Post proof please.

Tyler23
Sep 23, 2013, 09:04 AM
How would you know if this is not even an option?
Post proof please.

How many people do you see on here asking to downgrade? Now, the number of people on iOS 7 is up to 200 million. If someone really wanted to downgrade that badly, they'd be scouring the internet for answers and joining forums like this to ask. Yes, there have been some, but not enough to say that iOS 7 is a failure.

MacVault
Sep 23, 2013, 09:22 AM
iOS 7 is a ****** disaster!
--All the white space and no contrast in the apple apps
--the selector wheels. Ie. When you tap to change your email in a compose window.
--no search engine in safari
Etc, etc, etc

Steve Jobs is rolling over! How did Tim Cook ever allow this? This is unbelievable! Apple has lost its way! So sad!

Gmerdude
Sep 23, 2013, 09:24 AM

To many bugs my iPhone 4 is kinda laggy not bad lag and the mail app works sometimes and sometimes it does not apps don't always close out when u slide up I hope they bug fix the a4 devices

Tyler23
Sep 23, 2013, 09:24 AM
iOS 7 is a ****** disaster!
--All the white space and no contrast in the apple apps
--the selector wheels. Ie. When you tap to change your email in a compose window.
--no search engine in safari
Etc, etc, etc

Steve Jobs is rolling over! How did Tim Cook ever allow this? This is unbelievable! Apple has lost its way! So sad!

Surely, you can't be serious..?

MacVault
Sep 23, 2013, 09:31 AM
Surely, you can't be serious..?

I'm absolutely serious! The UI is so effed it ain't funny!

abshole765
Sep 23, 2013, 09:35 AM
Steve Jobs is rolling over

Doubt it; he could barely walk.

Pretty much everything. Starting from how much white there is to how slow it is.

tmanto02
Sep 23, 2013, 09:35 AM

He is kidding

krause734
Sep 23, 2013, 09:40 AM
The animations when opening and closing apps should have an option to disable them. The 3x3 folders on the ipad are too small. Also, in the music app, I used to sort songs by artist and now it only offers sort by album artist.

Nevaborn
Sep 23, 2013, 10:18 AM
Now that I had more time to use Safari on my iPad.....

I've learned to dislike the really small "x" used to close a Tab.

Jon...

Just swipe left. No need to press X

Tyler23
Sep 23, 2013, 10:26 AM

I don't agree with you - nor do many other users. I find it a massive improvement, and I've been an iOS user for 5 years.

AppleRobert
Sep 23, 2013, 11:18 AM
Just swipe left. No need to press X

Cannot do that on an IPAD from what I tried or have been told to close a webpage. Just on Iphone or Touch.

Gutwrench
Sep 23, 2013, 11:49 AM
1. I wish Safari would refresh by pulling down.

2. When typing you can shake the phone to undo. I don't see the need for the window that pops to have a title "undo dictation". The function of the window that pops is self-evident with the displayed choices.

Dicholscrn
Sep 23, 2013, 12:03 PM
A few minor complaints: I wish I could swipe either left or right to close Safari tabs. Also, I wish, in the Music app, that I could change the order of the icons on the bottom row so that "Albums" replaces "Songs". I've come to appreciate the design sense across the UI, although I'm not a huge fan of the settings icon or contacts icon. The paper "texture" in notes and reminders should be eliminated to stay consistent. I do wish all of the third party icons would redesign for iOS 7. Other than that, I pretty much love it -- and that's a total 180 from when I first saw it in June and hated it. It's very fluid on my iPod Touch 5th gen. Oh, and the male voice for Siri is a nice change. Much more natural.

In the Music app you can change the order of the bottom icons. More>Edit>drag them wherever you want.

Nevaborn
Sep 23, 2013, 12:12 PM
Cannot do that on an IPAD from what I tried or have been told to close a webpage. Just on Iphone or Touch.

In that case, thats something for 7.1

myrtlebee
Sep 23, 2013, 12:16 PM
In the Music app you can change the order of the bottom icons. More>Edit>drag them wherever you want.

Doesn't work for me. The first four are grayed out and immovable -- I cannot even place one of the others in between them.

Edit: figured it out-- you have to drag the bottom ones around.

nefan65
Sep 23, 2013, 12:20 PM
What I don't like about iOS 7 are the threads that are started titled "What don't you like about iOS7?".

Phanatic
Sep 23, 2013, 12:29 PM
Calendars app!! In the monthly view, I want the selected day's appointments mini box back. I hate jumping back and forth to figure out what the appointments are for the selected day.