Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LJSurfa

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Does anyone know if there is a way to access control centre without swiping up from the bottom of the screen. I have a 'bouncy' case which doesn't allow me to put my finger on the bottom of the screen and as a result I can't swipe up the control centre. Any tips or tricks to get it open would be brilliant. Thanks in advance.

Techwing

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
I had this problem with my iPhone 5 in its Survivor case, which has a bevel right around the edge of the screen. I finally found that if I put my finger just right on the very bottom of the screen and swipe quickly, the control center comes up quickly and reliably.

This problem is not unique. I have trouble doing anything that requires going to the very edge of the screen because of the bevel on the case (moving folders or icons from one screen to another, for example). But it has always been possible to do, just a matter of technique and some practice. The excellent protection provided by the case justifies a little inconvenience, at least for me.

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
Does anyone know if there is a way to access control centre without swiping up from the bottom of the screen. I have a 'bouncy' case which doesn't allow me to put my finger on the bottom of the screen and as a result I can't swipe up the control centre. Any tips or tricks to get it open would be brilliant. Thanks in advance.
Siri won't do it, I asked several different ways. At this point in time, I don't think there is another option, except to get a different case. I wouldn't want a case that restricts my use of the screen at all, personally. Maybe Apple will add the function to Siri in future iOS 7 update. Suggest it here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Attachments

• IMG_2514_zps585b4454.jpg
    IMG_2514_zps585b4454.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 75

LJSurfa

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
I even tried accessibility options for a 3 touch home button option or similar but nothing. Still stuck. :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.