Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lsmithy5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
My iPhone 5 is only 60 days old and I downloaded iOS 7 beta 6 and originally when I tried to charge it it would sense the charger but not actual charge up so I tried to restore it and I am getting error 21. I have tried lots of How To get rid of this error but none seem to be working.

This maybe a silly question but will the Genius Bar in apple stores know my phone has beta version of the IOS 7 and will they void my warranty with error 21?

Techwing

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Why not just installed the released version? It has been available for two days now. I've had no problems with it at all.

Lsmithy5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Why not just installed the released version? It has been available for two days now. I've had no problems with it at all.

I've had the beta version for weeks and this problem with it has just started now.
Do you think I they would void my warranty?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My iPhone 5 is only 60 days old and I downloaded iOS 7 beta 6 and originally when I tried to charge it it would sense the charger but not actual charge up so I tried to restore it and I am getting error 21. I have tried lots of How To get rid of this error but none seem to be working.

This maybe a silly question but will the Genius Bar in apple stores know my phone has beta version of the IOS 7 and will they void my warranty with error 21?

This is silly..

Install the final release (you'll need a computer - you can't update OTA from a beta to the final release).

See if it fixes your problem. If it does, great. If it doesn't, you'll have no warranty issues because you're on the official release.

Also, FYI, that beta expires on October 6th so you'll need to update anyways.

Lsmithy5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
This is silly..

Install the final release (you'll need a computer - you can't update OTA from a beta to the final release).

How can i install the final release when my iphone 5 is in recovery/ dfu mode and i cannot get out of it due to error 21?
thank you for your help. Appreciated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.