Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swillion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
I'm running iOS 7 on an iPad Mini. Ever since the upgrade, the battery usage stats inside" settings > general > usage" stopped working. (Screenshot attached).

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Swarup

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 315

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
SOmetimes this issue occurs to me, too. Mostly it appears after random restart(which i still get).

swillion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
Weird. How were you able to fix it Poly?

Apart from this bug, everything seems to be stable over here.

adamgbiggs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
UK
Happened to me too sometimes, only thing that fixes it is to give it a charge to 100% then it starts working again for me on my i5.

Adam.

jprmercado

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
This would happen on my iPad mini running iOS 6. Like the others, I'd have to charge to full [or at least 80%?] to get the gauge to work again.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
Charge your phone to 100% and let it sit for a bit.

I already charged it like 4times to 100% but the battery only has enough fuel to work for 4hours of wifi usage! (which is another problem, very fast battery drain since ios7)

swillion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
I already charged it like 4times to 100% but the battery only has enough fuel to work for 4hours of wifi usage! (which is another problem, very fast battery drain since ios7)

Random restarts and excessive battery drain. I hope it's only an OS fix. I reinstalled my iPod Touch OS to factory settings few years ago when it started lagging. And it was good as new after that.

My iOS 7 powered iPad Mini has lasted for over 8 hours of continuous use, and the battery still has 26%. I've been streaming videos from Youtube/Dailymotion, reading articles/blogs, Facebook, Messages and listening to random music. Brightness 40%.

I hope the battery usage stats return to normal after the next 0-100% recharge cycle. Fingers crosses. I'll be sure to update this string.

Last edited:

grockk

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006
Yeah i hope it's only a software issue.
But with iOS6 and iOS7 betas my battery life was "ok"...i always had 7-9hours of usage with iOS6 and 7beta.

Try a "reset all settings". All your data and info and accounts stay but wifi, accessibility, notification center, location services, etc are reset.

I swear by it. Whenever I have something strange it clears it right up especially battery issues.

For the guage, if you restart the device, it resets that time until you fully charge.

Also a springboard crash will cause it to reset. Check Settings->General->About->Diagnostics->and see if you have a crash since your last full charge. Reset all settings can help with springboard crashes also.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
Try a "reset all settings". All your data and info and accounts stay but wifi, accessibility, notification center, location services, etc are reset.

I swear by it. Whenever I have something strange it clears it right up especially battery issues.

For the guage, if you restart the device, it resets that time until you fully charge.

Also a springboard crash will cause it to reset. Check Settings->General->About->Diagnostics->and see if you have a crash since your last full charge. Reset all settings can help with springboard crashes also.

Wow...there is a lot of data i ahve no clue of what to do with! Do you know what those things mean? Or maybe can you help me by explaining? Does any of these files explain why i have excessive battery drain?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    56 KB · Views: 182

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
I'm running iOS 7 on an iPad Mini. Ever since the upgrade, the battery usage stats inside" settings > general > usage" stopped working. (Screenshot attached).

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Swarup

The battery usage stats only measure the usage time from a full 100% charge on a single session (i.e. don't restart your phone).

If you charge it completely full to 100%, then unplug it, you will be able to see your stats until you plug it in again or restart it.

If you charge it to 98%, then unplug it, you should have no stats (like your screen shot).

If you charge it to 100%, then unplug it, then restart your phone later, you should have no stats (again, like your screen shot).

Hope that makes sense.

swillion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
If you charge it to 100%, then unplug it, then restart your phone later, you should have no stats (again, like your screen shot).

I remember charging the iPad to 100% before unplugging the power cable. The stats remained blank even after half hour of usage.

Later during the day, the OS required a "reboot" when I changed accessibility > font size > bold.

Either way, battery stats remained blank. I hope this fixes itself after the next full recharge cycle.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
why would it not continue to show after a restart?

I don't know, that's just what it does. I noticed that back in June when I was running the first beta and my battery was getting hot. I never paid attention enough in iOS 6, so I don't know if the same rules applied to that one.

swillion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
Battery Usage Stats Now Working :)

Stats began showing after the second 0-100% recharge.

Poly, I hope this works for you too.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 148

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
The battery usage stats only measure the usage time from a full 100% charge on a single session (i.e. don't restart your phone).

If you charge it completely full to 100%, then unplug it, you will be able to see your stats until you plug it in again or restart it.

If you charge it to 98%, then unplug it, you should have no stats (like your screen shot).

Hope that makes sense.

Actually I believe it starts the usage clock at 93% i've charged it to 95-99% plenty of times and looked at it my usage with the exact time from full stated on it.

Macbook does the same thing, 98% and it's telling me it's full with a green charged light.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.