PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7: Battery Usage Not Working

swillion
Sep 20, 2013, 03:19 AM
I'm running iOS 7 on an iPad Mini. Ever since the upgrade, the battery usage stats inside" settings > general > usage" stopped working. (Screenshot attached).

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Swarup

Poly
Sep 20, 2013, 03:36 AM
SOmetimes this issue occurs to me, too. Mostly it appears after random restart(which i still get).

swillion
Sep 20, 2013, 04:20 AM
Weird. How were you able to fix it Poly?

Apart from this bug, everything seems to be stable over here.

adamgbiggs
Sep 20, 2013, 04:24 AM
Happened to me too sometimes, only thing that fixes it is to give it a charge to 100% then it starts working again for me on my i5.

Adam.

swillion
Sep 20, 2013, 04:53 AM
Thanks Adam, I'll give it try and update this thread.

Swarup

jprmercado
Sep 20, 2013, 06:33 AM
This would happen on my iPad mini running iOS 6. Like the others, I'd have to charge to full [or at least 80%?] to get the gauge to work again.

Poly
Sep 20, 2013, 07:21 AM
Weird. How were you able to fix it Poly?

Apart from this bug, everything seems to be stable over here.

I am not able to fix it :(

Tyler23
Sep 20, 2013, 07:28 AM
I am not able to fix it :(

Charge your phone to 100% and let it sit for a bit.

Poly
Sep 20, 2013, 07:31 AM
Charge your phone to 100% and let it sit for a bit.

I already charged it like 4times to 100% but the battery only has enough fuel to work for 4hours of wifi usage! (which is another problem, very fast battery drain since ios7)

swillion
Sep 20, 2013, 11:15 AM
I already charged it like 4times to 100% but the battery only has enough fuel to work for 4hours of wifi usage! (which is another problem, very fast battery drain since ios7)

Random restarts and excessive battery drain. I hope it's only an OS fix. I reinstalled my iPod Touch OS to factory settings few years ago when it started lagging. And it was good as new after that.

My iOS 7 powered iPad Mini has lasted for over 8 hours of continuous use, and the battery still has 26%. I've been streaming videos from Youtube/Dailymotion, reading articles/blogs, Facebook, Messages and listening to random music. Brightness 40%.

I hope the battery usage stats return to normal after the next 0-100% recharge cycle. Fingers crosses. I'll be sure to update this string.

Poly
Sep 20, 2013, 11:39 AM
Random restarts and excessive battery drain. I hope it's only an OS fix.

Yeah i hope it's only a software issue.
But with iOS6 and iOS7 betas my battery life was "ok"...i always had 7-9hours of usage with iOS6 and 7beta.

grockk
Sep 20, 2013, 12:02 PM
Yeah i hope it's only a software issue.
But with iOS6 and iOS7 betas my battery life was "ok"...i always had 7-9hours of usage with iOS6 and 7beta.

Try a "reset all settings". All your data and info and accounts stay but wifi, accessibility, notification center, location services, etc are reset.

I swear by it. Whenever I have something strange it clears it right up especially battery issues.

For the guage, if you restart the device, it resets that time until you fully charge.

Also a springboard crash will cause it to reset. Check Settings->General->About->Diagnostics->and see if you have a crash since your last full charge. Reset all settings can help with springboard crashes also.

Poly
Sep 20, 2013, 12:14 PM
Try a "reset all settings". All your data and info and accounts stay but wifi, accessibility, notification center, location services, etc are reset.

I swear by it. Whenever I have something strange it clears it right up especially battery issues.

For the guage, if you restart the device, it resets that time until you fully charge.

Also a springboard crash will cause it to reset. Check Settings->General->About->Diagnostics->and see if you have a crash since your last full charge. Reset all settings can help with springboard crashes also.

Wow...there is a lot of data i ahve no clue of what to do with! Do you know what those things mean? Or maybe can you help me by explaining? Does any of these files explain why i have excessive battery drain?

DDustiNN
Sep 20, 2013, 12:29 PM
I'm running iOS 7 on an iPad Mini. Ever since the upgrade, the battery usage stats inside" settings > general > usage" stopped working. (Screenshot attached).

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Swarup

The battery usage stats only measure the usage time from a full 100% charge on a single session (i.e. don't restart your phone).

If you charge it completely full to 100%, then unplug it, you will be able to see your stats until you plug it in again or restart it.

If you charge it to 98%, then unplug it, you should have no stats (like your screen shot).

If you charge it to 100%, then unplug it, then restart your phone later, you should have no stats (again, like your screen shot).

Hope that makes sense.

swillion
Sep 20, 2013, 12:37 PM
If you charge it to 100%, then unplug it, then restart your phone later, you should have no stats (again, like your screen shot).

I remember charging the iPad to 100% before unplugging the power cable. The stats remained blank even after half hour of usage.

Later during the day, the OS required a "reboot" when I changed accessibility > font size > bold.

Either way, battery stats remained blank. I hope this fixes itself after the next full recharge cycle.

TroyBoy30
Sep 20, 2013, 12:41 PM
why would it not continue to show after a restart?

DDustiNN
Sep 20, 2013, 12:59 PM
why would it not continue to show after a restart?

I don't know, that's just what it does. I noticed that back in June when I was running the first beta and my battery was getting hot. I never paid attention enough in iOS 6, so I don't know if the same rules applied to that one.

swillion
Sep 20, 2013, 11:13 PM
Stats began showing after the second 0-100% recharge.

Poly, I hope this works for you too.

Thanks everyone!

moldy lunchbox
Sep 21, 2013, 12:52 AM
The battery usage stats only measure the usage time from a full 100% charge on a single session (i.e. don't restart your phone).

If you charge it completely full to 100%, then unplug it, you will be able to see your stats until you plug it in again or restart it.

If you charge it to 98%, then unplug it, you should have no stats (like your screen shot).

Hope that makes sense.

Actually I believe it starts the usage clock at 93% i've charged it to 95-99% plenty of times and looked at it my usage with the exact time from full stated on it.

Macbook does the same thing, 98% and it's telling me it's full with a green charged light.