PDA

View Full Version : Are you using your device less with iOS 7?

Impuls3101
Sep 20, 2013, 03:51 AM
After the initial excitement of the iOS 7 upgrade has worn off do you find yourself using the device less? I find that I am not using my phone at all like I used to. There is something about the feel of the OS that has me turning to my imac or ipad that I didn't upgrade when I need to do something. I have had iOS 7 since the GM was released so I know where stuff is and how to use it. I just don't feel the same way about using my phone that I used to.

There are 100 other threads about iOS 7 problems or feelings. I am just curious about what your thoughts on using your device are after the upgrade. I was hoping the OS would inject some more life and excitement into using my phone.

jacobss
Sep 20, 2013, 04:33 AM
I'm listening to music less on my iPhone.

bbfc
Sep 20, 2013, 04:34 AM
After the initial excitement of the iOS 7 upgrade has worn off do you find yourself using the device less? I find that I am not using my phone at all like I used to. There is something about the feel of the OS that has me turning to my imac or ipad that I didn't upgrade when I need to do something. I have had iOS 7 since the GM was released so I know where stuff is and how to use it. I just don't feel the same way about using my phone that I used to.

There are 100 other threads about iOS 7 problems or feelings. I am just curious about what your thoughts on using your device are after the upgrade. I was hoping the OS would inject some more life and excitement into using my phone.

I find myself using it more. I'm a really big fan of iOS 7.

Ann P
Sep 20, 2013, 04:38 AM
Maybe you haven't gotten used to it yet, and perhaps you never will. :) I was running beta 2 to 5 for several weeks but went back to ios 6. It just never grew on me.

Krissypantz2828
Sep 20, 2013, 05:04 AM
Using it more! If you don't like it go back to iOS 6...you only have a short window. Not trying to be rude but some people think that they are stuck with iOS 7.

byke
Sep 20, 2013, 05:06 AM
Maybe you haven't gotten used to it yet, and perhaps you never will. :) I was running beta 2 to 5 for several weeks but went back to ios 6. It just never grew on me.

Same here.
And while I am sure there will have been a huge amount of people who upgraded, I cant help but wonder how many wish they hadn't and dont have the know how to downgrade before its too late.

I have 4 devices right now from friends or family who want to downgrade.

The-Real-Deal82
Sep 20, 2013, 05:06 AM
The iOS 7 GM has been out 2 days. Can anybody really give an accurate measure on whether they are using a device less? I've not picked my iPad up for a week before and it was hardly a ground shattering u-turn on my part.

TheRainKing
Sep 20, 2013, 05:10 AM
Same here.
And while I am sure there will have been a huge amount of people who upgraded, I cant help but wonder how many wish they hadn't and dont have the know how to downgrade before its too late.

I have 4 devices right now from friends or family who want to downgrade.

All you have to do is look at the apple support forum. Plenty of people want to downgrade and they keep getting told that it's not possible. :rolleyes:

Inframan
Sep 20, 2013, 05:13 AM
Way more....I'm in Exploring mode...

jaenicky
Sep 20, 2013, 05:27 AM
Using it much more. I love ios 7. I just think it looks so clean.

nerdfighter
Sep 20, 2013, 06:01 AM
Been using iOS 7 since beta 1. I've been using the phone more. I can't see myself downgrade to iOS 6.

Eresin
Sep 20, 2013, 06:27 AM
I've been using it more since I updated, but that was only a couple of days ago, whether that using will be sustained time will tell I guess.

matttye
Sep 20, 2013, 06:27 AM
More. It's like a breath of fresh air...just hoping the rest of my apps update to match the new UI.

Todd B.
Sep 20, 2013, 06:43 AM
I'm using it more; I love the design of iOS7!

pojo1806
Sep 20, 2013, 06:43 AM
way more, i actually love my iphone again, upgrade in november but i'm in less of a rush now.

fullauto
Sep 20, 2013, 06:47 AM
Betas throughout to GM have increased my usage, especially on ipad mini.

Macman45
Sep 20, 2013, 06:50 AM
My 5 is up for sale, but while I wait for a buyer it's being used the same way as it always was....I spent the first day playing around with the new OS, but the features that really interest me ( finger print scanner and new camera..64 Bit CPU ) won't be available until I get my 5S anyway.

chrf097
Sep 20, 2013, 06:51 AM
Nope, I'm using my phone way more now.

t0mbola
Sep 20, 2013, 06:52 AM
I didn't like the iOS7 first, now can't put the damn thing down...

Shrink
Sep 20, 2013, 06:53 AM
I don't even touch my phone any more.

I'm very sensitive, and my feelings are devastated!

:rolleyes: ;)

stooovie
Sep 20, 2013, 06:56 AM
More.

George Knighton
Sep 20, 2013, 07:30 AM
You'd better be using it less, because the battery won't last as long.

:-)

darngooddesign
Sep 20, 2013, 08:25 AM
My over use of iOS7 is killing my battery.