PDA

View Full Version : Lag when typing?

Steve121178
Sep 20, 2013, 05:51 AM
Just wondering if anyone else gets this? I type words, but the text on screen is about 1-2 seconds delayed. It's highly annoying! I upgraded an iPhone 5 so I wouldn't have expected performance issues.

No doubt this will be addressed in an update, but this kind of bug is unforgivable.

MalusSylvestris
Sep 20, 2013, 05:53 AM
Haven't experienced this on my 5. What apps are you finding it happening in?

Steve121178
Sep 20, 2013, 05:54 AM
Mainly Safari.

Just found a workaround that I will try:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5318881?start=15&tstart=0

You have to turn off Data and documents in iCloud. WTF sort of solution is that?

Eresin
Sep 20, 2013, 06:29 AM
I am getting lag when typing. Data and Documents in iCloud has always been off and I checked when i first encountered the problem and it was off.

I just put it down to the fact I was iPhone 4

fullauto
Sep 20, 2013, 06:45 AM
Had this on the 4S for a while this afternoon but it disappeared, not sure if apps were updating in the background, words would freeze then complete after a second or two. No problems on ipad mini.

Count Blah
Sep 20, 2013, 08:30 AM
I have seen this on my 4S in safari. Very annoying. It doesn't happen all the time, however.

CodeSmoke
Mar 14, 2014, 01:58 PM
I updated my iPhone 5 and iPad Air to iOS 7.1 and as soon as I did both devices had a 7-15 second lag anytime the keyboard was up, this includes the Lock Screen.

After a fresh re install I found the problem lies with when I add my gmail account back which syncs my contacts. As soon as I toggled OFF contacts the lag went away and when I toggle ON contacts the lag comes back.

Keep in mind this is a fresh install on 2 devices and is repeatable each time.

abshole765
Mar 14, 2014, 02:13 PM
I get it all the time while using Chrome.

Baunkjaer
Mar 15, 2014, 05:10 AM
We have 3 iPhone 5/5S here, and 3 iPadsīs. One 5S has the problem, which is very annoying. Hope Apple will fix this soon.

determined09
Mar 15, 2014, 01:58 PM
Just wondering if anyone else gets this? I type words, but the text on screen is about 1-2 seconds delayed. It's highly annoying! I upgraded an iPhone 5 so I wouldn't have expected performance issues.

No doubt this will be addressed in an update, but this kind of bug is unforgivable.

I have iphone 5 and I have this problem also. I just noticed it when I go to send a message of an article that I've found on the internet. It's very annoying.

sunking101
Mar 16, 2014, 05:36 PM
My dad experiences this on his iPhone4 but I don't on my i5. I did do a DFU restore via iTunes though and set up as a new phone. OTA updates are highly likely to bring bugs into play and have done for me in the past, that's why I don't do them anymore.