Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Just wondering if anyone else gets this? I type words, but the text on screen is about 1-2 seconds delayed. It's highly annoying! I upgraded an iPhone 5 so I wouldn't have expected performance issues.

No doubt this will be addressed in an update, but this kind of bug is unforgivable.

Eresin

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
I am getting lag when typing. Data and Documents in iCloud has always been off and I checked when i first encountered the problem and it was off.

I just put it down to the fact I was iPhone 4

fullauto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane
Had this on the 4S for a while this afternoon but it disappeared, not sure if apps were updating in the background, words would freeze then complete after a second or two. No problems on ipad mini.

CodeSmoke

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2014
7.1 bug with Google Contacts

I updated my iPhone 5 and iPad Air to iOS 7.1 and as soon as I did both devices had a 7-15 second lag anytime the keyboard was up, this includes the Lock Screen.

After a fresh re install I found the problem lies with when I add my gmail account back which syncs my contacts. As soon as I toggled OFF contacts the lag went away and when I toggle ON contacts the lag comes back.

Keep in mind this is a fresh install on 2 devices and is repeatable each time.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
Just wondering if anyone else gets this? I type words, but the text on screen is about 1-2 seconds delayed. It's highly annoying! I upgraded an iPhone 5 so I wouldn't have expected performance issues.

No doubt this will be addressed in an update, but this kind of bug is unforgivable.

I have iphone 5 and I have this problem also. I just noticed it when I go to send a message of an article that I've found on the internet. It's very annoying.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
My dad experiences this on his iPhone4 but I don't on my i5. I did do a DFU restore via iTunes though and set up as a new phone. OTA updates are highly likely to bring bugs into play and have done for me in the past, that's why I don't do them anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.