Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
I have an iPad with a smart cover. It does not have a passcode lock on it. Previously when I open the cover the iPad will unlock and I will be on whatever screen was open previously. With iOS 7 however this does not always work. If you receive a message, mail, or some other notification and you flip open the smart cover you will be required to slide to unlock the screen. At first I thought this is because of the new notification center so I went to settings and turned off Notifications View and Today View in the lock screen. That didn't seem to make a difference though. Does anyone know of a way to revert to the old behavior?

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If it automatically unlocked, how would you know which new notifications you received? This way you see all your notifications and you have the option of swiping to go to a particular one. If you're not happy, you can turn off lockscreen notifications.

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
If it automatically unlocked, how would you know which new notifications you received? This way you see all your notifications and you have the option of swiping to go to a particular one. If you're not happy, you can turn off lockscreen notifications.

I did turn them off in settings. That's the thing, it still shows up.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
There is a setting in General then something that you have to choose whether you want the smart cover to unlock the iPad or not. Could well be set so it doesnt open the iPad on opening the smart cover.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.