PDA

View Full Version : I realized the zoom doesn't take any longer to open apps.

Kendo
Sep 20, 2013, 08:41 AM
It just seems that way because you can see the zoom. With iOS6 you don't notice it because when you open an app it just comes out of nowhere from the center. Because there is a zoom animation, it just seems longer than it really does.

darngooddesign
Sep 20, 2013, 08:43 AM
It just seems that way because you can see the zoom. With iOS6 you don't notice it because when you open an app it just comes out of nowhere from the center. Because there is a zoom animation, it just seems longer than it really does.

I notice the new animations, they just don't bother me.

pickaxe
Sep 20, 2013, 08:48 AM

Use a Jailbreak tweak like Accelerate on iOS 6 to make animations faster. You'd see that apps that are already in RAM (recently used) load considerably faster than the animation would make you believe. iPhone 5 with faster animations feels (and is) MUCH faster than stock iOS and compared to iOS 7 it's even more blatant.

The animations are dumb and an option to make them faster should be made available by Apple.