PDA

View Full Version : Calling shows Company name instead of Person

Bbafett
Sep 20, 2013, 08:47 AM
Something weird that I saw on the forum once where a guy's wife called him yesterday from her work on her personal cell phone and it came through on his phone showing her work location. I thought that was strange.

Yesterday I also called from my 5 ios7 in my car in my work parking lot to my wife's 5(at home) and it came through on her phone as me calling from my actual extension number. I have found out she had my extension listed on the company line of her contact info. Why would the caller id pull the Company info line instead of the name of the person when they call from their phone? Is this a glitch or could it be changed somewhere?

bbfc
Sep 20, 2013, 08:48 AM
Something weird that I saw on the forum once where a guy's wife called him yesterday from her work on her personal cell phone and it came through on his phone showing her work location. I thought that was strange.

Yesterday I also called from my 5 ios7 in my car in my work parking lot to my wife's 5(at home) and it came through on her phone as me calling from my actual extension number. I have found out she had my extension listed on the company line of her contact info. Why would the caller id pull the Company info line instead of the name of the person when they call from their phone? Is this a glitch or could it be changed somewhere?

No idea. Never happened to me throughout the entire beta process.