PDA

View Full Version : Can I turn off eye-tracking?

BasilFawlty
Sep 20, 2013, 09:34 AM
I just upgraded my iPhone 5 to the new iOS 7 (hate it so far btw, but that's my problem). One thing I absolutlely hate - gives me a headache in fact, is this "feature" where the camera tracks your eyes and causes the stuff on teh screen to shift around based on where it thinks you're looking.

Please tell me there is a way to turn this "feature" OFF?

joshforman
Sep 20, 2013, 09:37 AM
Not sure what you're talking about....explain further. This is in the default camera app?

lulumink
Sep 20, 2013, 09:38 AM
it's not eye tracking, it's sensor based. just move the iphone, it'll move around.

go to settings -> accessibility -> reduce motion

bchery21
Sep 20, 2013, 09:39 AM
Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion (toggle it on)

Btw, it doesn't track the movement of your eyes, it tracks how you're holding the phone via the accelerometer...

bransoj
I assume you mean the parallax effect on the home screen wallpapers. If so then :-

Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion and set it to On.

MonkeySee....
Your name is perfect for this post OP. haha

Its not tracking your eye. The background is moving when you tilt the screen. You can turn this off in the settings.

SlasherKG
Sep 20, 2013, 09:40 AM
Haha, "eye-tracking"...

This is the Parallax effect you are talking about that shifts the wallpaper depending on the movement of the phone.

To turn off:
Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion
Turn this setting to On.

silverboy31
Sep 20, 2013, 09:40 AM
I think he's means parallax it s not the camera that tracks your eye it's the screen it moves when u tilt the iPhone in several directions ..Settings > general > accessabilty > reduce motion turn to on

----------

Haha, "eye-tracking"...

This is the Parallax effect you are talking about that shifts the wallpaper depending on the movement of the phone.

To turn off:
Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion
Turn this setting to On.

Beat me to it ! Nice

Riverton
Sep 20, 2013, 09:41 AM
I just upgraded my iPhone 5 to the new iOS 7 (hate it so far btw, but that's my problem). One thing I absolutlely hate - gives me a headache in fact, is this "feature" where the camera tracks your eyes and causes the stuff on teh screen to shift around based on where it thinks you're looking.

It's not eye tracking. The graphics changed based on the angle you're holding the phone. You're just holding it wrong! :D

EJ8
Sep 20, 2013, 11:09 AM
Username / Post combo. Perfect

Armen
Sep 20, 2013, 11:14 AM

iOS doesn't have a "eye tracking" feature. You are referring to the Parallax effect.

Go to settings > general > accessibility and Reduce Motion= ON.

darngooddesign
Sep 20, 2013, 11:16 AM
Your name is perfect for this post OP. haha

You're obviously not a fan of British comedy.

BasilFawlty
Sep 21, 2013, 10:06 AM
You're obviously not a fan of British comedy.

He's obviously not. One of the best comedy shows ever IMHO.

----------

iOS doesn't have a "eye tracking" feature. You are referring to the Parallax effect.

Go to settings > general > accessibility and Reduce Motion= ON.

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure what the "official name" was.

darngooddesign
Sep 21, 2013, 10:24 AM
He's obviously not. One of the best comedy shows ever IMHO.

It is.
Cheers.

Gav2k
Sep 21, 2013, 10:28 AM
A classic thread with the usual parrots answering. Seriously how many mac rumours users does it take to say the same thing.....!