PDA

View Full Version : Calendar in notification center

weesy
Sep 20, 2013, 09:49 AM
So I have the calendar set to show notifications in the notifications center, however it just shows calendar and a blank space then it says tomorrow there is an event. I have an event today and tomorrow but it doesn't actually state any of the actu events. How do I get it to show the scheduled event on the calendar in the notification center?

Sugadaddy
Sep 20, 2013, 10:59 AM
So I have the calendar set to show notifications in the notifications center, however it just shows calendar and a blank space then it says tomorrow there is an event. I have an event today and tomorrow but it doesn't actually state any of the actu events. How do I get it to show the scheduled event on the calendar in the notification center?

I don't think you can. It shows the next 5 hours of your calendar in Notification Center, so if you don't have events in the next 5 hours, it's blank.

Same as inside the Calendar app, when you click on a day it'll show all the time slots for that day even if they're empty.

Those two things should be showing the list of events for the day, like it was in iOS 6. The new calendar is awful.

weesy
Sep 20, 2013, 11:11 AM
I don't think you can. It shows the next 5 hours of your calendar in Notification Center, so if you don't have events in the next 5 hours, it's blank.

Same as inside the Calendar app, when you click on a day it'll show all the time slots for that day even if they're empty.

Those two things should be showing the list of events for the day, like it was in iOS 6. The new calendar is awful.

Yea I'm really not a fan of this new calendar but I'm trying to make it work somehow lol a lot of the things I schedule on my calendar I mark as all day bc they don't have a specific time and I would love to find a way to make that show

pjarvi
Sep 20, 2013, 11:15 AM
Try holding the Home and Power buttons for 5 seconds, after the device has turned off press the power button to turn it back on. Once it is back on check the notification center to see if it updated.

weesy
Sep 21, 2013, 06:27 PM
Try holding the Home and Power buttons for 5 seconds, after the device has turned off press the power button to turn it back on. Once it is back on check the notification center to see if it updated.

Yea I tried that, no luck. Theres gotta be a way!

hafr
Sep 21, 2013, 06:33 PM

If it says nothing regarding your events today, could it be that the event has either already occurred, or that it's on a subscribed calendar? (Everyone I've talked to about it have had to re-add all of their subscribed calendars in order for them to function.) As stated before, you'll only see the events that happen within the next five hours on the little graphics-part of the calendar.

About tomorrow's events, it always only states the number of events and when it/the first one starts.

Vidikron
Sep 21, 2013, 10:09 PM
I came to ask about the same thing. The calendar in notification center is now completely useless :(

weesy
Sep 24, 2013, 07:59 AM
If it says nothing regarding your events today, could it be that the event has either already occurred, or that it's on a subscribed calendar? (Everyone I've talked to about it have had to re-add all of their subscribed calendars in order for them to function.) As stated before, you'll only see the events that happen within the next five hours on the little graphics-part of the calendar.

About tomorrow's events, it always only states the number of events and when it/the first one starts.

maybe i have to try re-entering certain events then, but even events that were created from my phone have been doing the same thing. i have alot of my events set for all day, and if its day of events the calendar in notification center says no events today, and if its next day it says i have one event the next day but doesn't say what it is

hafr
Sep 24, 2013, 08:02 AM
maybe i have to try re-entering certain events then, but even events that were created from my phone have been doing the same thing. i have alot of my events set for all day, and if its day of events the calendar in notification center says no events today, and if its next day it says i have one event the next day but doesn't say what it is

Oh. All day events and events stretching over more than one day seem to be events that doesn't show up on the NC calendar, unfortunately.

There is no way for us users to force the NC calendar to tell us what events we have tomorrow, it'll only tell us the number of events and when the first one starts.