Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
So many threads complaining about it so I am curious to hear what folks do like about ios7.

Personally, I do like the minimalistic design. At first, I hated the idea of the flat dull look but loaded onto my ipad I actually like the change.

A small thing I like in safari when opening a new tab all my favorites are displayed for quicker use. I dunno I'm just appreciating all the small little changes that may not seem like a big deal.

Anyways, just curious to what little or big things you like about the new iOS.

adamgbiggs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
UK
I like most of it, not really got any problems, it's fresh, colourful and smart, it needed it.

I went thru all the betas, loved it from the start.

Adam.

leinadhok

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
When replying in Messages, it's smart enough to switch keyboards to the language used in the particular conversation.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
I like the new safari (except the tabs).

Gives more space on my 4S, and the page doesn't shift up when it finishes loading, causing my to touch the wrong link.

Control center is nice, too.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
When replying in Messages, it's smart enough to switch keyboards to the language used in the particular conversation.

Never noticed that before--that's pretty cool.

iMessages I do like how group messages show all photos of contacts instead of an empty group pic. Also like the more accurate time stamps. Again, small little stuff for me.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
I like that I could delete it off my ipad and iPhone.
Not sure how long ios 7 will allow this though.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
I hate iOS 7 but I will try to think of some stuff I like.

Control Centre (Although they should have implemented it better. Swiping up from the bottom of the screen just isn't a comfortable gesture for me. They should have combined it with the Notification Centre or had it come up along the bottom like the old Multitasking bar.)

Air drop is good feature as well.

Can't think of anything else. :eek:

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Translucent elements like Control Center and Siri are quite beautiful and elegant. They are a welcome respite from the ugly neon icons.

Also, it never seems to get mentioned, but the magnifying glass for text is drastically better than on iOS 6.

Last edited:

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Definitely agree on block caller add. It feels like they just took notes from the jailbreaking community what folks want to see.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I hate iOS 7 but I will try to think of some stuff I like.

Control Centre (Although they should have implemented it better. Swiping up from the bottom of the screen just isn't a comfortable gesture for me. They should have combined it with the Notification Centre or had it come up along the bottom like the old Multitasking bar.)

Air drop is good feature as well.

Can't think of anything else. :eek:

If they combined notification center and control center at the top The Android fanboys would cry murder.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
There's tons to love for me

I love that they finally finally re-designed the lockscreen which was there from the first iphone ever

control center is awesome especially for those of us who were use to having a jailbreak

appswitcher is waaaay better, looks nicer, is more fluid, and more convinient

Unlike alot of people I like the overall appearance when ever I look at someone using ios 6 it just looks old and dull

love the new tabs in safari

the new ringtones are great, before i liked maybe 1 or 2 from the list and had to resort to downloading outside ringtones

camera interface looks much better and is more intuitive

that's all I can think of right now but I'm sure there is alot more. needless to say I'm a big fan and glad that Apple finally did something radically different.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
A couple things I've noticed that were great.

-If you set a timer and lock the phone, the timer will show on the lock screen.
-When using maps for directions, it provides the ETA and distance remaining on the top.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Siri is out of beta and it shows.

Agreed. Siri is loads better. Not that I used Siri much, but the other night I noticed a night and day difference between Siri on 7.0 and Siri on 6.0.

I love nearly everything about 7.0. I love control center, it makes me miss my jailbreak less. I love the new experience of the OS, it feels more alive and less stagnant. I like all the new sounds and ringtones. I love the new lockscreen and how when you press the sleep button it fades in. Despite complaints, I love the animations. I love the new app switcher, and swiping up to close.

I really can't find anything to complain about.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
The translucent white UI. I just came from using Android phones for the past 4 years - there it was always black with green or black with blue.

Way back then:
settings1-300x500.jpg

Now:
Screenshot-2012-11-28-11-10-01-png.jpg

If you're using a samsung even:
Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Android-4.1.1-India.jpg

It's so gloomy!

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
I like the crispness of iOS 7. The keyboards look nice. All the white space actually inverts to a nice dark screen with "invert colors".

Last edited:

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
There's a lot to like, but I love how you can swipe to move back/forward in Safari. I also like the restrictions/passcode you can set up so kids can't make in-app purchases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.