PDA

View Full Version : Two questions regarding iOS 7

sakau2007
Sep 20, 2013, 10:40 AM
1) Can I quickly turn my phone into a hotspot. I can disable wifi, change the brightness, etc. but I don't see a way to turn my phone into a hotspot. This remains buried in settings and is annoying to take my phone out and go through the process everytime I want to use my laptop on a bus.

2) Any way for tracks that are being played in the music app to be scrobbled to last.fm? I've only been asking for this since the 3G.

Tyler23
Sep 20, 2013, 10:43 AM
1) Can I quickly turn my phone into a hotspot. I can disable wifi, change the brightness, etc. but I don't see a way to turn my phone into a hotspot. This remains buried in settings and is annoying to take my phone out and go through the process everytime I want to use my laptop on a bus.

2) Any way for tracks that are being played in the music app to be scrobbled to last.fm? I've only been asking for this since the 3G.

1) Nope, no way.

2) Not that I know of.

Jakimo
Sep 20, 2013, 10:50 AM
Yes, most couriers allow the iPhone to be used as an hotspot. Settings -> Cellular -> Set Up Personal Hotspot.

Scrobbling isn't supported directly.

Tyler23
Sep 20, 2013, 10:52 AM
Yes, most couriers allow the iPhone to be used as an hotspot. Settings -> Cellular -> Set Up Personal Hotspot.

Scrobbling isn't supported directly.

His question wasn't if he could use mobile hotspot, it was if there was an easier way to access the settings - add it to control center. And the anwer to that is no.

Jakimo
Sep 20, 2013, 12:10 PM
His question wasn't if he could use mobile hotspot, it was if there was an easier way to access the settings - add it to control center. And the anwer to that is no.

I was sleepy, didn't read that correctly. My bad.. :)

----------

Siri can send you directly to the switch, which helps a bit, by saying Turn on personal hotspot.. Siri will then give you a button to go to the Cellular settings directly.

Altis
Sep 20, 2013, 12:11 PM
If you use it often, you may find it easier to leave it on. It will only be active when the wifi or Bluetooth is active and connected, so it shouldn't affect battery life at all.

In general, this should work well.

sakau2007
Sep 26, 2013, 04:32 PM
If you use it often, you may find it easier to leave it on. It will only be active when the wifi or Bluetooth is active and connected, so it shouldn't affect battery life at all.

In general, this should work well.

well, i leave it turned on but if it isn't in use after some time, it won't appear in the network lists on my PC or Macbook Air.