PDA

View Full Version : iOS7: Battery never shows it's fully charged

fergusor
Sep 20, 2013, 10:43 AM
Hi guys,

Has anyone else noticed that the fully charged symbol doesn't show anymore when the battery is fully charged?

I left my iPhone5 charging overnight and when I got up it was still showing the lightning bolt next to the battery graphic.

It also shows the same in iTunes if it's charging on my iMac, never see the charged symbol.

Is everyone else getting this? I assume it's not trying to charge it once it's fully charged.

Richard.

Tyler23
Sep 20, 2013, 10:45 AM
Hi guys,

Has anyone else noticed that the fully charged symbol doesn't show anymore when the battery is fully charged?

I left my iPhone5 charging overnight and when I got up it was still showing the lightning bolt next to the battery graphic.

It also shows the same in iTunes if it's charging on my iMac, never see the charged symbol.

Is everyone else getting this? I assume it's not trying to charge it once it's fully charged.

Richard.

It's just the way it is in iOS 7. Apple doesn't want you to worry about the battery - once it says 100% it's charged. There may be a few minutes of trickle charge left, but it makes a negligible difference in actual battery life usage.

If you're charging overnight - rest assured it is fully charged. No need to concerned with it.

fergusor
Sep 20, 2013, 10:52 AM
OK thanks, that makes sense.

Tyler23
Sep 20, 2013, 10:53 AM
OK thanks, that makes sense.

No problem. In the first beta for iOS 7, the lightning bolt would actually pulse while charging, and then become solid once fully charged. Even though it's not necessary, I did like that..just seemed cool. :cool: