PDA

View Full Version : How to Fix Keyboard Lag w. iOS7 and iPhone 4s

Kavier
Sep 20, 2013, 11:08 AM
I had the worst lag when typing after updating my phone, and I came across this website w/ instructions on how to fix it. Thought I would pass it along in case anyone else has this issue:

"You just open up the Settings app and navigate to iCloud > Documents & Data. That will open up another window where youíll see a toggle switch. Turn it off if it already isnít (i.e., the circle in the toggle switch should be on the left side). After disabling Documents & Data, the keyboard should work just fine."

Here's a link to the full article as well:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/09/19/fix-keyboard-lag-ios-7-iphone-4s/

abshole765
Sep 20, 2013, 11:23 AM
Doesn't make much sense that disabling that would fix the lag.

zowenso
Sep 20, 2013, 11:26 AM
Mind was off and I still have the lag.

zowenso
Sep 20, 2013, 11:47 AM
Mind was off and I still have the lag.

lol!!!!!' I meant mine, not mind....lol.

xBTAx
Sep 20, 2013, 01:27 PM
Try disabling the parallax stuff (Settings > General > Accessibility > turn Reduce Motion on) and see if that helps. I have no idea why that would affect the keyboard at all, given that everything else (including the parallax effects!) didn't lag at all, but that's what fixed mine after a day of being unable to type anything.

benji888
Sep 20, 2013, 01:30 PM
It's all in your head

TheRainKing
Sep 20, 2013, 01:33 PM

lol!!!!!!!! theres an edit button...... lol!!! ;)

sflomenb
Sep 20, 2013, 01:35 PM
I have a 4s and it's working perfectly fine.

benji888
Sep 20, 2013, 01:44 PM
This could do it though. Some things don't necessarily make sense, might not be connected to things in a way we think.

I've done this on my iPad 1 just now, and it seems to help.

iPad 1 has the smallest amount of RAM (for an iPad)...I jailbroke my iPad 1 after iOS 6 came out and no update for it. It's still a bit laggy, but, keyboard was horribly laggy. I jailbroke it so I could delete the extra keyboard languages that are invisibly there, using up RAM, causing the lag. I also use a cache wiping app. But, this seems to help also. It kinda sucks, iOS 3 & 4 ran great on it, but, 5 is laggy, safari and other apps can crash (I think they just fill the RAM to the point it gets maxed out and doesn't know what to do, so the app crashes).

...It will still sync notes and all that you have checked on, this option is only for apps that use iCloud, which, mostly power users are the only ones using this. Or it may mess things up for someone using a Calendar app? But, in most cases, turning documents & data off won't be a problem.

walmartmartyr
Sep 20, 2013, 02:07 PM
Try disabling the parallax stuff (Settings > General > Accessibility > turn Reduce Motion on) and see if that helps. I have no idea why that would affect the keyboard at all, given that everything else (including the parallax effects!) didn't lag at all, but that's what fixed mine after a day of being unable to type anything.

do the ip4 have this option.

kwokaaron
Sep 20, 2013, 02:13 PM
do the ip4 have this option.

Nope. The iphone 4 doesn't support parallax.

Kavier
Sep 20, 2013, 06:41 PM

Didn't make much sense to me either to be honest but it worked. If I turn it back on, my keyboard goes to crap again.

samanthas
Sep 20, 2013, 06:46 PM
Resetting all settings seems to be a fix for some.