PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Way to Open Control Center?

tehpwnerer19
Sep 20, 2013, 11:15 AM
Is there an alternate way to open control center, such as with a triple click, etc.? Our teachers use AirPlay a lot to mirror to the Apple TVs, but the Griffin Survivor case makes it very difficult to do...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tyler23
Sep 20, 2013, 11:21 AM
Is there an alternate way to open control center, such as with a triple click, etc.? Our teachers use AirPlay a lot to mirror to the Apple TVs, but the Griffin Survivor case makes it very difficult to do...

Thanks in advance.

There is no alternate way, no. Definitely a limitation of having one of those types of cases.

darngooddesign
Sep 20, 2013, 11:25 AM

Thanks in advance.

Is there something about the case that lets you activate Notification Center, but not Command Center?

tehpwnerer19
Sep 20, 2013, 11:30 AM
Is there something about the case that lets you activate Notification Center, but not Command Center?

Nobody really uses notification center, so that's not an issue. Not being able to get at AirPlay however is a big deal.

Daveoc64
Sep 20, 2013, 11:34 AM
Nobody really uses notification center, so that's not an issue. Not being able to get at AirPlay however is a big deal.

That's probably the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen on here.

AirPlay is a feature that the vast majority of iOS users have no way to use, even if they wanted to, whereas Notification Center will be used by people to read text messages and email.

Jakimo
Sep 20, 2013, 11:55 AM
Interesting too, I've done research and there is another way to draw open the notification center .. but I could find nothing for control center.

Siri can't seem to get to it, nor does any of the Accessibility tricks. (Explore the AssistiveTouch area for example.)

It can't be terribly hard to smoosh your finger into the crack and swipe up, can it? I haven't heard others with tight screen border cases say anything, but I don't have one to test...

There may be a way yet to do so, try Switch control settings perhaps?

----------

And for the record, I find Control Center more useful than the Notification Center.. by far.

roadbloc
Sep 20, 2013, 11:56 AM
Jailbreak.

Jakimo
Sep 20, 2013, 11:59 AM
The JB is already available?

WordMasterRice
Sep 20, 2013, 12:00 PM

AirPlay is a feature that the vast majority of iOS users have no way to use, even if they wanted to, whereas Notification Center will be used by people to read text messages and email.

Have you read the thread? I'm pretty sure he knows what his teachers use and don't use.

tehpwnerer19
Sep 20, 2013, 12:28 PM

I was talking about at our school. No reason to go of the deep end chief.

1983IIe
Feb 8, 2014, 11:18 PM
Still no luck with an easy way to pull out Control Center? Having a similar problem..

thirdeyeopen666
Feb 9, 2014, 01:05 AM

Thanks in advance.

Assistive Touch (accessibility) should allow a simulated swipe up... but I haven't checked.

1983IIe
Feb 9, 2014, 02:41 AM
Assistive Touch (accessibility) should allow a simulated swipe up... but I haven't checked.

While yes we can program an up-swipe via AssistiveTouch, the starting point of the simulated swipe up, the blue dot, cannot be placed low enough on the screen to trigger Control Center to kick in.