PDA

View Full Version : Overall, do you like the new UX?

ra4oasis
Sep 20, 2013, 11:19 AM
iOS 7 seems to be very polarizing, so what's the final word? Do you like the new look and feel, and if you don't, are you leaving ios?

ra4oasis
Sep 20, 2013, 03:20 PM
My two cents.. I love ios 7. I've heard a LOT of moaning and groaning from others, but I like the white space, the simplicity, animations, and control center was much needed. I absolutely cannot imagine going back it ios 6.

batting1000
Sep 20, 2013, 03:22 PM
Seriously, why did you have to make ANOTHER thread when this forum is already inundated with ones posing the exact same question?

tkermit
Sep 20, 2013, 04:45 PM
Seems quite nice. I never expected to like it this much, considering how shocked and concerned I was when they first introduced iOS 7.

djtech42
Sep 23, 2013, 12:11 AM
Proof here, folks. Majority of people are satisfied with iOS 7.

MeUnix
Sep 23, 2013, 12:20 AM
I love iOS 7. I've been using it since the beta versions and overall, I'm happy with it.

I couldn't imagine going back to iOS 6. ;)

BvizioN
Sep 23, 2013, 12:20 AM
I can't remember how many times I have said/answered this question on a various threads since June, but here is my answer again: I don't like it. I love it.

Breezygirl
Sep 23, 2013, 12:21 AM
Um, no they are not. Me included.

CB1234
Sep 23, 2013, 12:49 AM
Um, no they are not. Me included.

Who is this post directed to?

Anyway, if you are not happy with iOS 7 - vote please. If sufficient people vote, then we will soon find out what the majority feel about ios7. Which by the way is the point of this thread….

djtech42
Sep 23, 2013, 01:26 AM
I predict that even more people will accept iOS 7 later on when they get used to all the changes.

munakib
Sep 23, 2013, 01:29 AM
Dont like it, because its incomplete. iOS8 will hopefully have a polished job unlike this monstrosity of inconsistent design elements.

CB1234
Sep 23, 2013, 02:11 AM
this thread needs a bump - before it gets buried amongst tons of negative threads going on...

CB1234
Sep 23, 2013, 03:32 AM
72% love it...

dumastudetto
Sep 23, 2013, 03:46 AM
I don't just like it, I love it. iOS 7 has moved Apple even further ahead of the competition in terms of experience, functionality and power with the world's first 64 bit desktop class phone and operating system. Nothing else compares.

Tar Sniffer
Sep 23, 2013, 04:04 AM
I absolutely despise it. It's ugly, sterile and backwards when it comes to functionality.

I plan on upgrading next year so Apple has until iOS 8 to fix this abomination or I'm going to start looking for alternatives.

byke
Sep 23, 2013, 04:51 AM
IOS 7 has lost its magic.

I really hope apple come up with skin options for both the OS and certain stock apps as they are making a huge mistake.

And when you compare the issues in IOS 7 compared to maps .... then in the same sense, why hasn't Jonny been fired?

kot
Sep 23, 2013, 04:55 AM
IOS 7 has lost its magic.

I really hope apple come up with skin options for both the OS and certain stock apps as they are making a huge mistake.

And when you compare the issues in IOS 7 compared to maps .... then in the same sense, why hasn't Jonny been fired?

Fire Jony because you personally don't like the new UI? Ok.

Tamagotchi
Sep 23, 2013, 05:01 AM
Fire Jony because you personally don't like the new UI? Ok.

He's not alone. I don't like his UI design either, however, I do like his hardware design.

Oh, and this forum gives you a false impression of people's opinion about ios7. This is a fan forum, almost every response will praise the new OS. Outside the forums, with normal people, it's a different story. I haven't met a single person who has upgraded and says he/she likes ios7

BvizioN
Sep 23, 2013, 05:09 AM
Oh, and this forum gives you a false impression of people's opinion about ios7. This is a fan forum, almost every response will praise the new OS. Outside the forums, with normal people, it's a different story. I haven't met a single person who has upgraded and says he/she likes ios7

I have. Everyone on my workplace likes the new iOS! Does that give a true impression of peoples opinion about iOS7? Or the true impression is only of these who dislike it?

watchthisspace
Sep 23, 2013, 05:17 AM
iOS:7 is a great step in a new direction for Apple. I think the GUI overhaul Ive pulled off is great! Crisp and clean. :apple:

CB1234
Sep 23, 2013, 06:22 AM
He's not alone. I don't like his UI design either, however, I do like his hardware design.

Just for being pedantic sake - can you tell me roughly how many people you have met who have upgraded to iOS7 and told you they do not like it? And when you post the number of people who you say dislike it, do you think it is a more justified opinion then people who vote here?

The people who haven't upgraded to iOS7 would not count - correct - since they wouldn't know if they like it or not without actually upgrading to it first….

If you think this forum is only for apple fan's and their positive comments - then you need to check your eyesight - check out the tons and tons of negative comments re iOS 7 compared to a few positive ones….

This poll result - is not going to be used by Apple to formulate their iOS strategy, but it will give an insight as to what people visiting Macrumors feel about iOS7.

Don't take it too seriously and be negatively biased about it - if you do not like it - there is a vote for you as well, so please press away…. whatever you feel about iOS7…

Todd B.
Sep 23, 2013, 07:02 AM
I honestly want them to bring the general look and feel of it to the Mac, as well. I love the way the notification centre is laid out.

Imagine the notifications popping up or sliding down on OS X like they do in iOS7. Love it!

The only problem I have is the wallpaper scaling issue but it's not that big a deal.

darngooddesign
Sep 23, 2013, 07:25 AM
Imagine the notifications popping up or sliding down on OS X like they do in iOS7. Love it!

I have notifications on Mountain Lion.

Todd B.
Sep 23, 2013, 07:35 AM
I have notifications on Mountain Lion.

I'm talking the style/UI - especially with the new notification centre and today list.

ChristianJapan
Sep 23, 2013, 07:41 AM
Mixed feelings ... Some buttons are too small (like the "done" in video display or in email ... But I'm sure I will get used to it ... I voted: like it. As I assume I will adopt eventually. :apple:

darngooddesign
Sep 23, 2013, 07:43 AM
I'm talking the style/UI - especially with the new notification centre and today list.

There is a lot less space above the trackpad, than above the screen on the iPhone/iPad, to slide in from so it would be harder to activate. I'm happy with them sliding in from the right. Then again, I don't have the magic trackpad keyboard thing so I'm not sure how awkward activating NC is with that.

dave-tx
Sep 23, 2013, 07:53 AM
I hate it. The 3x3 folder size on the iPad is an insanely ridiculous decision (at the very least, there should be a setting to switch between 3x3 and full-screen).

Whether or not you care for the color scheme is undoubtedly going to boil down to personal preferences, but this is the first time I have actually been annoyed by a UX. I guess I'm just not a fan of pastels.

I would not have bought an iPad with this operating system. Sure wish I could downgrade to iOS 6.

I've been 100% on the Apple platform for quite some time, but upgrading my iPad to iOS7 actually stopped me from ordering new iPhones for me and my wife this past weekend. I won't switch from Mac, but I'm seriously considering making the jump to Android for phones and future tablets...and I never thought that would happen.

CB1234
Sep 23, 2013, 07:54 AM
Front page of Macrumor has Tim Cook's statement saying they sold 9 million iPhone 5S and 5C's over weekend and over 200 million devices are now running on iOS 7…..

I hope we get at least 200 people voting on this thread - that would be an achievement….

CB1234
Sep 23, 2013, 09:01 AM
stuck at 70% like…