PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Radio Station Tuning, Are there limits?

repete7
Sep 20, 2013, 11:48 AM
Is there some kind of limit on how many artists/songs you can add to a station?

Started an iTunes Radio Station. Started with a few artists, played fine. Added a bunch more, about 20 total. Not closely related, but all "alternative." It stopped playing. On Mac, hit play, progress bar turned to a stripe, then it would pause. Tried on iPhone, the station wouldn't start playing. Other stations played fine. Removed some artists so there were 10 total. Station now plays fine.

Constable Odo
Jun 26, 2014, 07:47 PM
Is there some kind of limit on how many artists/songs you can add to a station?

Started an iTunes Radio Station. Started with a few artists, played fine. Added a bunch more, about 20 total. Not closely related, but all "alternative." It stopped playing. On Mac, hit play, progress bar turned to a stripe, then it would pause. Tried on iPhone, the station wouldn't start playing. Other stations played fine. Removed some artists so there were 10 total. Station now plays fine.

Using iTunes 11.2.2, I hit a limit of about 15 to 17 artists and any more than that and my radio station wouldn't play at all. I think there may also be some limit to the number of songs each artist has as a hit because substituting artists does change the number allowed to some degree. I'm finding this very frustrating because I had about 35 artists I wanted to listen to in the 1960's so I'm really falling short. I'm getting plenty of songs but I don't see why Apple has such a small limit of number of artists allowed. One way around it would be to look for 1960's artists' compilations and use those albums to increase the number of artists' hits.