PDA

View Full Version : Can't share contacts in iOS 7...?

evwheeze
Sep 20, 2013, 12:25 PM
Hi there. I did a search & didn't see this issue - please correct me if I'm just blind!

At any rate, I've been trying to forward a contact to a friend using iMessage...and cannot. Freaking. Do it.

So, so frustrating...

Here's my process: I searched contacts, clicked on the name, scrolled down to "share contact", picked "message", typed in the name of my friend (who has an iPhone)....and then the cursor freezes. No blinking as per usual. When I hit the blue "send" button...nothing happens for 2-3 seconds. No blue loading bar working across the top...nothing. Then, the screen slides down quickly & returns me to the info on the contact. If I go to Messages & look at the contact I just tried to send the info to...no new message has been delivered.

Is this happening to anyone else? Am I missing something?

It also happened last night when I tried to send 4 pics from Photos via text all at once. I ended up having to hit the camera button in Messages first, THEN pick the pictures...vs just picking from the Photo app & selecting a contact.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you...

Armen
Sep 20, 2013, 12:29 PM
Hi there. I did a search & didn't see this issue - please correct me if I'm just blind!

At any rate, I've been trying to forward a contact to a friend using iMessage...and cannot. Freaking. Do it.

So, so frustrating...

Here's my process: I searched contacts, clicked on the name, scrolled down to "share contact", picked "message", typed in the name of my friend (who has an iPhone)....and then the cursor freezes. No blinking as per usual. When I hit the blue "send" button...nothing happens for 2-3 seconds. No blue loading bar working across the top...nothing. Then, the screen slides down quickly & returns me to the info on the contact. If I go to Messages & look at the contact I just tried to send the info to...no new message has been delivered.

Is this happening to anyone else? Am I missing something?

It also happened last night when I tried to send 4 pics from Photos via text all at once. I ended up having to hit the camera button in Messages first, THEN pick the pictures...vs just picking from the Photo app & selecting a contact.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you...

Go to the contact, scroll down and press "share contact"

madsci954
Sep 20, 2013, 12:30 PM
I tried send a Contact as you did to myself and it went through.

benji888
Sep 20, 2013, 12:38 PM
If this is the first time since updating to iOS 7, you may need to sign in to your iCloud account (Settings>iCloud> click on Account), it may ask you to agree to new iCloud terms. Also try turning iMessage off then on again (or check to be sure it is turned on) here: Settings>Messages> iMessage on/off. If this doesn't help, maybe check your Apple ID sign-in: Settings>iTunes & App Store> click on your Apple ID at top.

evwheeze
Sep 20, 2013, 01:13 PM
If this is the first time since updating to iOS 7, you may need to sign in to your iCloud account (Settings>iCloud> click on Account), it may ask you to agree to new iCloud terms. Also try turning iMessage off then on again (or check to be sure it is turned on) here: Settings>Messages> iMessage on/off. If this doesn't help, maybe check your Apple ID sign-in: Settings>iTunes & App Store> click on your Apple ID at top.

Thank you! I tried all these, then restarted the phone & it finally works. Much appreciated!

benji888
Sep 20, 2013, 01:26 PM
Thank you! I tried all these, then restarted the phone & it finally works. Much appreciated!
sure thing.

...if all was ok with your settings, it may have been the power cycle. A power cycle can solve many iPhone issues.

Riverton
Sep 20, 2013, 01:32 PM
Go to the contact, scroll down and press "share contact"

Reading is hard. :eek:

Armen
Sep 20, 2013, 01:33 PM
Reading is hard. :eek:

Oops! I guess I'm replying too fast to people's threads.