Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schnigges

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2010
Germany
Anyone else having trouble to get Home Sharing working in iOS 7?
I can't seem to figure out why it won't work for me. iTunes 11 is running on my Mac with Home Sharing enabled. My iPhone and iPad are on the same WLAN network. In the Settings app, home sharing is enabled and I'm logged in with my Apple ID. But if I open the Music App on either iPhone or iPad, there is no "Shared" tab whatsoever. The "More" tab only lists Genres, Compilations and Composer. I already tried deleting all my music and syncing just one track, but it didn't work so far.
Any suggestions what might fix this? My roommate is able to stream my iTunes library from his Windows PC.

Schnigges

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2010
Germany
hmm..ok, got it.
File --> Home Sharing (Ablage --> Privatfreigabe in German) wasn't enabled in iTunes on my Mac. Strange that it worked without that for the Windows PC..

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
After upgrading to IOS 7, I was having problems trying to play tv episodes on my iPad that are stored in iTunes on my Mac running latest osx and iTunes. It worked in ios 6.. It would show the video title, but when trying to play it would say "you do not have permission to access the resource".... finally turned home sharing off on the mac then turned it back on and now all seems well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.