PDA

View Full Version : Anyone happy with iOS7 on their iPad?

iMas70
Sep 20, 2013, 01:43 PM
Just wondering if anyone is happy with iOS7 on their iPad? I think it's fine on my phone. Have been holding off updating the iPad.

nefan65
Sep 20, 2013, 01:51 PM
I have it on my iPad 4, and its fine. I ran into some lag on the wallpaper change, and did a reset. Its better now, so I guess that fixed it.

A co-worker has it on his 3, and he said its just "ok". Then again, I nicknamed him "Yabut". No matter how good something is, or works his first comment is "Ya, but...". So I take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

chabig
Sep 20, 2013, 01:55 PM
Anyone happy with iOS7 on their iPad?

Since you asked a "yes" or "no" question, I'd say the answer is "yes, many people are".

MacMilligan
Sep 20, 2013, 02:06 PM
Looks great. I think the theme works better on a larger device. Nothing much more to say.

Tikatika
Sep 20, 2013, 02:26 PM
Hated it on my iPad Mini, especially the chunky block of the dock! Went back to 6.1.3 and am thrilled I did. Will not be updating the iPad 3 and won't be getting the new models coming out because of iOS 7.

There is no right or wrong here. It is strictly a matter of personal taste ... beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

imlovinit
Sep 20, 2013, 02:34 PM
I'm loving it on my ipad. Not gonna update my phone though but for ipad I think it looks great. I feel the lag still with the wallpaper change but no biggie for me.

Kinin2020
Sep 20, 2013, 02:39 PM
Im loving it on my ipad mini. Ios 6 already feels old, legacy. You should upgrade.

MVPinFLA
Sep 20, 2013, 02:41 PM
Love it in on iPad 3 and iPhone 5.

Craftypepper
Sep 20, 2013, 02:45 PM
I like it for the most part on my iPad 3, but did have to tweak a few accessibility options to make certain things more easy on the eyes. Also decided to ditch the native calendar and notes apps - not a fan of the new visuals on those. Otherwise I'm really happy with the rest of the changes.

DanielCoffey
Sep 20, 2013, 02:51 PM
I do think it works nicely on an iPad2 though I do find a little lag. I turned off the parallax scrolling of the wallpaper since, with the iPad2 I reckoned the processor was struggling with the eye candy.

One feature that I like in iOS7 is the "just type into the url bar" on the browser when you want to search for stuff. Moving from two entry fields to one is great. I do find the moved Bookmarks button harder to get used to though. I keep tapping Share instead.

CB1234
Sep 20, 2013, 02:58 PM
I updated on my iPad 2 couple of days ago - I haven't had any problems at all....

MauerFan
Sep 20, 2013, 03:05 PM
I have it on my mini and it's fine. Quite enjoyable really.

batting1000
Sep 20, 2013, 03:24 PM
Fine on my iPad mini. Could definitely use some work in the performance and animations department.

Count Blah
Sep 20, 2013, 03:26 PM
I think it's much better on the iPad than the iPhone.

Nolander07
Sep 20, 2013, 04:57 PM
I am happy with it on my iPad 4. It's not perfect, but it's not nearly as bad on mine as some are reporting.

Armen
Sep 20, 2013, 04:59 PM
Just wondering if anyone is happy with iOS7 on their iPad? I think it's fine on my phone. Have been holding off updating the iPad.

it's a bit choppy at times on my ipad mini but I can wait for an update.

adder7712
Sep 20, 2013, 05:00 PM
My iPad 3 chugs along nicely with iOS 7. Though I can report some instances of lag.

beysus
Sep 20, 2013, 05:01 PM
No complains here on my iPad Mini. I made the font bold though.

I haven't updated my iPhone yet.

chfilm
Sep 20, 2013, 05:13 PM
iPad 3 Feels completely unusable, because there's graphic bugs and laggy animations and crashes and non responsiveness in a way that I've never seen before on an iOS device..it's a mess!

Blue26
Sep 20, 2013, 05:19 PM
Installed on iPad2 and iPad3 last night. They both work great, no lag or problems whatsoever.

Still trying really hard to like the new look, but I'll give it time before passing judgement.

Mike in Kansas
Sep 20, 2013, 05:20 PM
Love it on my iPad 4.

iMas70
Sep 20, 2013, 05:27 PM
Hum... looks like a lot of positive responses. Lagging is one of the main problems that I read before. I'm going to miss the current style of the calendar. Hopefully they bring back that style with a new long. As others have mentioned in other threads, I like being able to look at the month and see what is going on each day without clicking on that day or turning it on it's side.

adder7712
Sep 20, 2013, 05:33 PM
No complains here on my iPad Mini. I made the font bold though.

I haven't updated my iPhone yet.

How did you do that?

gomoq13
Sep 20, 2013, 05:34 PM
Very happy with it on my iPad 3.

tiguanito
Sep 20, 2013, 05:37 PM
Not happy on ipad 4, there are lags and the OS is not optimized for the ipad, I think (3x3 apps in a folder is a joke ...)

iMas70
Sep 20, 2013, 05:39 PM
Anyone using a smart cover? I read in another thread that it's not working with it.

nparmelee
Sep 20, 2013, 05:44 PM
Have it on both our iPad 3s and happy with both.

triptolemus
Sep 20, 2013, 05:56 PM
Doesn't look good on iPad to me. WAY too much white, and wasted space (Safari top bar) which I imagine could be a problem on iPhone, too. Haven't put 7 on the iphone... put 7 on the iPad 3 and went back to 6 an hour later.

Also, I just can't get past the iconography. They're awful. Waiting for 7.1.

Dambuster43
Sep 20, 2013, 06:00 PM
On my Retina (3) iPad, big battery drain after install but seems better after going through the settings and turning off a lot of new stuff I never use! For my type of use..iOS7 could have been avoided..but...there is that being left behind thing that forced the update being installed. Don't like the new kook of Safari and icons...so to answer your question...no, but prepared to accept new and get more familiar with it.

Sodner
Sep 20, 2013, 06:00 PM
I am! Running perfectly fine on my iPad mini.

Jessica Lares
Sep 20, 2013, 06:01 PM
Happy with it on my Mini. :D

Sirious
Sep 20, 2013, 06:01 PM
I love it on my iPhone, but I refuse to update my iPad. I'm not a huge fan of it on iPad.

CTHarrryH
Sep 20, 2013, 06:02 PM
I actually like it better on my iPad than my iPhone. I think the icons are relatively too big on the phone but look fine on the iPad

rocknblogger
Sep 20, 2013, 06:05 PM
Honestly I don't care for the overall design. It runs okay but I prefer the look of iOS 6.

Baytriple
Sep 20, 2013, 06:07 PM
I prefer it on my iPad than my phone.

Max(IT)
Sep 20, 2013, 06:10 PM
Very happy .... On my iPad 4

Edwardconde
Sep 20, 2013, 06:15 PM
On my Retina (3) iPad, big battery drain after install but seems better after going through the settings and turning off a lot of new stuff I never use! For my type of use..iOS7 could have been avoided..but...there is that being left behind thing that forced the update being installed. Don't like the new kook of Safari and icons...so to answer your question...no, but prepared to accept new and get more familiar with it.

YOu mind sharing your tweaks you did? SO far i have just turned off Parallax!:eek:

----------

Really like it on all my devices.. some lag here and there.. buts all good...

oldhifi
Sep 20, 2013, 06:16 PM
luv mine..dont really care for some icons, but its free..;)

Shrink
Sep 20, 2013, 06:16 PM
I'm fine with it.

I guess I'm easy to please...I tap an icon, and it works.

faxao
Sep 20, 2013, 06:19 PM
I find IOS7 nice on the iPhone (5) and just ok(ish) on my iPad 3: too many lags here and there, seems not "fine tuned" enough for the iPad overall.

typeadam
Sep 20, 2013, 06:30 PM
Yes! Love it on the 3. Buttery smooth and looks fantastic. Since my 3 is wifi only, I'm not sure what features I'm missing so I can't comment on that.

Want to do it on my 2 also but it's JB'd and I don't want to lose that JB b/c I use the screen recorder very often. Though I do wonder how fast or slow it would be on the 2 (also wifi only)...

Only thing I severely dislike is the 3x3 folder icon layout and all that wasted real estate. :mad:

Kavier
Sep 20, 2013, 06:52 PM
I am not as impressed with the iPad iOS. There's definitely some lag with certain functions and a lot of wasted space. It just doesn't seem finished to me which is such a shame b/c I have been enjoying it so much on my phone.

tiguanito
Sep 20, 2013, 07:46 PM
Some say "buttery smooth" : can you, for example, on iPad 3 or 4, open the app store and do the rotation or close the app store with the 4 fingers? Is it smooth?

Time Less
Sep 20, 2013, 08:14 PM
I sacrificed my jailbroken iPad mini to update to iOS 7 and I'm more than happy. Here are some plus and minus:

+Safari - I now hardly open links in new tab, swipe left to right and the previous page is right there, no reloading

+NC and CS everywhere (one reason why I was jailbroken)

+swipe left to right to go back in some apps (needed a jawbreaker tweak before)

+++ love the overall design

-slow to rotate, bring up CS, and spotlight

-that's all I can think of at the moment

dsr2
Sep 20, 2013, 08:18 PM
Just put it on my mini. Loaded quickly and is very snappy. So far no problems. :p

charlituna
Sep 20, 2013, 08:21 PM

I was, more or less, during the beta. But I have had a hell of a time with iCloud on the public release. It's being a huge pill to download my apps etc.

I would say wait a few more days before upgrading

Elvergun
Sep 20, 2013, 08:23 PM
I liked some things...and I disliked some of the design decisions they made (too much of the blinding whites).

I would have kept it on my iPad, but because of a little lag here and there, I downgraded the OS.

Tom G.
Sep 20, 2013, 08:36 PM
It loaded much more easily on my iPad 4 than it did on my iPhone 4s, but that may be due to the fact that I put it on the iPhone on Wednesday.

I've had no problems with it on my iPad and like it quite a lot.

iMas70
Sep 21, 2013, 11:33 AM
After reading the reviews here last night and saw that they were mostly positive, I installed iOS7 on my iPad 4. No issues, no complains and the calendar works like the old version. Was very happy to see that!

adder7712
Sep 21, 2013, 11:34 AM
Not happy on ipad 4, there are lags and the OS is not optimized for the ipad, I think (3x3 apps in a folder is a joke ...)

It runs really well on the iPhone 5. I can attest that it appears to be not that well optimized for the iPads.

MauerFan
Sep 21, 2013, 11:42 AM

I have it on my mini, and it works flawlessly.

beysus
Sep 21, 2013, 01:51 PM
How did you do that?

Go to Settings - General - Accessibilty - Bold Text

The iPad will reboot after you checked the box but then I think everything is more readable because the thin font is rather something for retina displays.

Clix Pix
Sep 21, 2013, 01:57 PM
I did the updating on iPad Mini and iPad 3 the other day.....and while at first I thought everything was OK, for some mysterious reason, the bookmarks and bookmarks bar in Safari on the iPad 3 suddenly disappeared! Ack! It took a while to resolve the issue by simply backing up with a recent backup of the iPad Mini, and that did the trick.

Overall, I like iOS 7 and I like the way it looks on the iPad Mini the best. Functionality seems fine, no serious lagging (except for the wallpaper thing, which people have mentioned). All in all, I think it is a good update.

sand_man
Sep 21, 2013, 02:02 PM
Yes

AlexH
Sep 21, 2013, 02:33 PM
I have it on my mini, and it works flawlessly.
Works really well on my Mini as well. The only "issue" I have now is, it makes me really want a retina display for my iPad! As far as the software goes though, works really well.

iAdamator
Sep 21, 2013, 02:40 PM
I have it on my iPad 4, and its fine. I ran into some lag on the wallpaper change, and did a reset. Its better now, so I guess that fixed it.

A co-worker has it on his 3, and he said its just "ok". Then again, I nicknamed him "Yabut". No matter how good something is, or works his first comment is "Ya, but...". So I take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

Which type of reset did you do? I've only had the wallpaper lag on my ipad 4 as well. Been fine otherwise.

Macalway
Sep 21, 2013, 02:50 PM
I like it ....ok

They have improved quite a few things. My only complaints are cosmetic

And when I say 'cosmetic' I ain't kiddin :rolleyes:

LincolnsiPod
Sep 21, 2013, 02:50 PM
I've done a soft reset just to clean out any potentially rogue apps causing lag. I still find the animations laggy, but I've noticed they improve and become more fluid over time. I'm assuming this is a result of caching, but overall, the performance on my iPad 4 is still modestly worse than on my iPhone 5. I've read Apple hasn't really optimized iOS 7 for the iPad yet, which I find surprising, but that seems to be what I'm seeing here. Everything still works, but there is a discernible degree of sluggishness.

MrGimper
Sep 21, 2013, 03:01 PM
No issues on iPhone 5, iPad mini or iPad 3rd Gen.

I disabled parallax because it's just a gimmick.

I too enabled bold fonts on the mini. The default font under the home screen icons looked too pixelated and made the screen look worse than it actually is.

Dambuster43
Sep 21, 2013, 09:10 PM
YOu mind sharing your tweaks you did? SO far i have just turned off Parallax!:eek:

----------

Really like it on all my devices.. some lag here and there.. buts all good...

Not really tweaks...just turning off what I dont use/like/need..Siri for one! Background app refresh,minimal apps using locations. I dont use iCloud.
Since the update I have twice run the battery down and charged to full.
I dont have clinical data, but its better, although another factor come in! I have been using and checking more than I did before update.
Usage from last full charge 2hours 10min...Standy 5hours 20min and I have 86% showing! Does that help anybody?

Jakimo
Sep 21, 2013, 09:45 PM
I'm more than happy, I love iOS 7 period! :-)

DaGrandMastah
Sep 21, 2013, 09:48 PM

It looks great on the ipad but I will admit that I am perturbed by the folder view....meaning they should show more icons. I know why they did it (they're just zooming into the icon you see on teh home screen) but it jsut feels like a lot of wasted space on the ipad. Other than that though...it looks great.

Macman45
Sep 21, 2013, 09:48 PM
We upgraded our Ipad 4 65GB wifi model the day after release, and it runs the new OS fine..No lag or sluggish behaviour at all. Have a buddy with a 3 who's not having the greatest experience though...I think anything below the 3 might be worth skipping out on, and of course the 4 has the better CPU so should handle 7 well.

dbasinge
Sep 21, 2013, 09:55 PM
Had some speed/graphics issues, but my battery life is much better

Drucifer
Sep 21, 2013, 10:00 PM
Go to Settings - General - Accessibilty - Bold Text

The iPad will reboot after you checked the box but then I think everything is more readable because the thin font is rather something for retina displays.

I found with it on and the text having the extra girth it brought greater attention to the fact that I did not own a retina device, to me it was more annoying to try and read.

And to comment on iOS 7 on the iPad it appears to be running just fine on my Mini, I even notice better battery life.

Daysight
Sep 21, 2013, 10:02 PM
Yes, very. On iPad 2.

nefan65
Sep 23, 2013, 07:59 AM
Which type of reset did you do? I've only had the wallpaper lag on my ipad 4 as well. Been fine otherwise.

Reset all settings. Don't do a full wipe/delete all data. Just a full reset. Seemed to work for me...?

xConnerIdan
Sep 23, 2013, 08:13 AM
I'm loving it on my iPad Mini.
Though I do hope they would add the the vanilla weather/stock apps.... :(

Girlwithaphone
Sep 23, 2013, 08:24 AM
I updated my phone, but I won't update the Ipad because of the motion sickness inducing animations in iOS7.
I like a lot of things in this iOS, but the animations need to get back to what they were in iOS6 : an elegant, barely noticeable way of opening and closing an app, and not a designer statement.

MagicHAM
Sep 23, 2013, 08:36 AM
I like it because it has the colours of my period cycle and the rainbow.

Yum.

Todd B.
Sep 23, 2013, 08:53 AM
I love it on my iPad Mini!

Mylo130
Sep 23, 2013, 09:32 AM
I like it just fine on my mini. My wife and daughter like it on their iPads. I have had the screen rotation freeze on my mini a few times. Did the home+power button reset to get it to work again. Had it on the GM, and after I cleaned installed from iTunes. Just curious if anybody else has had that issue?

s2mikey
Sep 23, 2013, 12:17 PM
So far, so good on my iPad 2. I feel the battery life is *slightly* worse but it could just be me looking for it. I also probably havent fully optimized it yet although I do have most of the heavy-hitters turned OFF or down. Even then, battery life has always been great so even if it is a little worse its not a big deal.

Im fine with the look, the operation, everything else. The parallax effect is cool and never gets old. The new gestures are cool, especially those related to app management. Very pleased with all of that. Like the Control Center too - very useful.

The contrast and extra "whiteness" isnt my favorite and the Scale & Crop feature for wallpapers doesnt do a darned thing. Thats really about it. I like the update a lot and its made my iPad 2 feel like a new, refreshed unit again :)

FlatlinerG
Sep 23, 2013, 12:18 PM
I've been really enjoying it so far on my iPad 2.

jigzaw
Sep 23, 2013, 12:35 PM
Tempted to go for it on my iPad 4, but my 4S took such a hit in battery life (like cut it in half), that I'm afraid of ruining my iPad's battery life. Sounds like not many of you are complaining about the effect of iOS 7 on the iPad 4's battery, but I'm still hesitant. Might wait til 7.1.

Gutwrench
Sep 23, 2013, 12:44 PM
Running it on an iPad 2 and happy. No issues or complaints installing or runnng.