PDA

View Full Version : Email not showing up on notification center

adamj575
Sep 20, 2013, 01:52 PM
I've got it set up to show my email in notification center but nothing shows when I get new emails...any idea why? Is there something I'm missing here?

Gav2k
Sep 20, 2013, 02:07 PM
Settings > notification center > mail

It's not on by default check the settings then reboot

adamj575
Sep 20, 2013, 07:09 PM
Well, I tried that, it did nothing...

mikosk
Sep 21, 2013, 09:50 PM
I got the same issue. Emails are not showing in notification center and I noticed the email app is not even updating even my push accounts. I have three email accounts, work, outlook (for gmail), and yahoo, all set to push.

None of them are showing up on the lock screen or even as a badge alert. Anyone?

blhoward2
Sep 21, 2013, 09:55 PM
I got the same issue. Emails are not showing in notification center and I noticed the email app is not even updating even my push accounts. I have three email accounts, work, outlook (for gmail), and yahoo, all set to push.

None of them are showing up on the lock screen or even as a badge alert. Anyone?

I momentarily stopped pushing yesterday but a hard reset and disabling/re-enabling the account fixed it.

firstapple
Sep 21, 2013, 10:00 PM
Took me a bit originally, but try this:

Settings -> Notification Center -> Mail; Turn on "banners" in each of your mail accounts (maybe "banners" in your case as well?)

Settings -> Notification Center; Make sure you have "Mail" dragged up to the Include section

Settings -> Notification Center -> Mail; Make sure "Show in Notification Center" and "Show on Lock Screen" are turned on

mikosk
Sep 21, 2013, 10:30 PM
Ok, not sure who should get the credit blhoward2 or firstapple, but I did both your suggestions and it fixed it. Thanks!

Now can you fix the lack of gmail exchange in the native app? :rolleyes: I know it's gone, just wish apple and google would play nice.

firstapple
Sep 21, 2013, 10:35 PM
No credit required, haha. Just trying to help wherever I can. After using iOS 7 for the last month or so I've had some decent practice at making things work.

Glad you got it going!