PDA

View Full Version : They made a bad feature (respond with text) worse

Herdfan
Sep 20, 2013, 01:57 PM
Is there any way to turn it off?

I keep my phone in my pocket and have already hit it twice by accident. :(

May have to go buy a new, non-upgraded phone to go back to 6. Or jailbreak if that will work.

Suggestions?

TheRainKing
Sep 20, 2013, 02:02 PM

May have to go buy a new, non-upgraded phone to go back to 6. Or jailbreak if that will work.

Suggestions?

Or downgrade before it's too late. :cool:

kwokaaron
Sep 20, 2013, 02:04 PM
Nope. Don't think you can turn it off. Apparently you can still downgrade to ios 6 if you want to. Might wanna try this article: http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/09/how-to-go-back-to-ios-6-if-you-can-at-all/

Herdfan
Sep 20, 2013, 05:01 PM
I was able to downgrade, but then could not restore the backup. :(

Any way to save my contacts somewhere else?

jwolf6589
Sep 20, 2013, 05:06 PM

Suggestions?

If you dislike iOS 7 and prefer Apple to make a USER FRIENDLY way to downgrade to iOS 6, or if you have found bugs, or just have general suggestions then do what I have done and click here!

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Not too difficult. Stop complaining here and start complaining there! I have sent multiple messages. iOS 7 has some major advantages and new features, however also some drawbacks & bugs.

That was not difficult to understand was it?

C DM
Sep 20, 2013, 05:11 PM
If you dislike iOS 7 and prefer Apple to make a USER FRIENDLY way to downgrade to iOS 6, or if you have found bugs, or just have general suggestions then do what I have done and click here!

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Not too difficult. Stop complaining here and start complaining there! I have sent multiple messages. iOS 7 has some major advantages and new features, however also some drawbacks & bugs.

That was not difficult to understand was it?Sending stuff there, while probably should be done nonetheless, is like sending stuff into the black hole. Who knows who looks at it or does anything about it.

Discussing it in addition to sending it there isn't a bad thing, and often can be more useful anyway, as at least with some if not a lot of cases someone might offer some workaround or bring up something else that you didn't know or didn't quite consider.

burgerking2
Sep 20, 2013, 05:31 PM
When you say "respond by text", are you referring to the "Message" button when answering a phone call?

If so, I think that option needs to be hidden or minimized, along with "Remind Me".

99.9% of the time, when I get a phone call, I want to answer or decline, so those buttons should be bigger and more prominent. I would rarely if never use use the "Remind Me" or "Message" options. But in IOS 7, these are all the same size.

C DM
Sep 20, 2013, 05:33 PM
When you say "respond by text", are you referring to the "Message" button when answering a phone call?

If so, I think that option needs to be hidden or minimized, along with "Remind Me".

99.9% of the time, when I get a phone call, I want to answer or decline, so those buttons should be bigger and more prominent. I would rarely if never use use the "Remind Me" or "Message" options. But in IOS 7, these are all the same size.I didn't quite catch this change until this thread, but really, everything on the lock screen should be accessible through some sort of action first--there shouldn't just be buttons available that could trigger some action without first requiring some input (like sliding something up or to the side or even pressing an extra time on a button, like the home button). Another bad usability change unfortunately.

Long
Sep 20, 2013, 10:14 PM
I'm pretty sure whoever designed the iOS 7 lock screen never put the phone in their pocket.

Herdfan
Sep 21, 2013, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure whoever designed the iOS 7 lock screen never put the phone in their pocket.

I am pretty sure they think all the users of their phones have them sitting on the table while working next to them on their Macbook Pro's all the while they sip latte's at Starbucks.

Some of use actually go out and work. I am now torn between going and buying a 5 that still has 6 or giving Android a try. :(

Or is this something that can be fixed by a jailbreak?