PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Radio question

kieranet
Sep 20, 2013, 04:03 PM
Being in the UK, iTunes Radio isn't yet available. I do have a curiosity, though.

Does it work as a discovery service such that it only plays songs that you don't already have in your music library?

Armen
Sep 20, 2013, 04:05 PM
Being in the UK, iTunes Radio isn't yet available. I do have a curiosity, though.

Does it work as a discovery service such that it only plays songs that you don't already have in your music library?

It's similiar to Pandora. You can also tune it to play more hits or more variety (discovery )

kieranet
Sep 20, 2013, 04:08 PM
Thanks. I haven't used Pandora for several years so I'm not totally familiar with how it functions. But I can imagine.

My iTunes library is quite substantial at around 24k songs so I was just curious whether Radio would be more worthwhile (by providing new songs) than just playing a Genius playlist which would delve into my already large collection.

Rigby
Sep 20, 2013, 04:34 PM
Does it work as a discovery service such that it only plays songs that you don't already have in your music library?No, unfortunately not. I'd love to have this too. Should be pretty easy to do at least for Match subscribers (since the songs have then already been uniquely identified).