Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I thought that was only a feature on the 5S, but I was taking a picture of something and left my finger on the shutter button too long as I was used to placing it there and then lifting it to snap a picture in iOS 6 and it started flashing and before I knew it I had 14 photos in my camera roll.
Anyone else try using it on their 5? I was taking a picture of a document, so I can't really attest to it's performance on an object in motion, but I'm too lazy to play with it any more right now.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
If you hold down the button it will keep snapping pictures. It's much different than the burst mode on the 5s, which takes 10 snaps per second and then compiles them in a burst shot allowing you to pick your favorite shot.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
If you hold down the button it will keep snapping pictures. It's much different than the burst mode on the 5s, which takes 10 snaps per second and then compiles them in a burst shot allowing you to pick your favorite shot.

I see... Was iOS 6 like that when you held down the shutter button too? Maybe I held a little toooo long.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I see... Was iOS 6 like that when you held down the shutter button too? Maybe I held a little toooo long.
No, this is new in iOS 7, but it's still somewhat different than the actual "Burst Mode" that is on 5S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.