PDA

View Full Version : Poor reception on 3 network with iOS 7

bluewomble88
Sep 20, 2013, 05:17 PM
Hi

Since I upgraded to iOS 7 my signal strength in my home has dropped to one spot continuously. Before I was getting at least 4 bars all the time. What's happened?

recklesslife85
Sep 20, 2013, 05:26 PM
Works fine for me when I had my 5; same as ios6 - same on my 5S. Try resetting network settings.

Ninimedi
Oct 16, 2013, 03:27 AM
Same symptoms. After upgrading to iOS 7 on my iPhone 4s I am constantly straggling with mobile reception.

Mess
Oct 16, 2013, 03:29 AM
I seem to have the same issue! Really irritating! :mad:

SWIFTY1293
Oct 16, 2013, 03:38 AM
Hi

Since I upgraded to iOS 7 my signal strength in my home has dropped to one spot continuously. Before I was getting at least 4 bars all the time. What's happened?

I'm getting similar one minute its 1 bar, airplane mode on/off shoots to 5 bars...

GoofyCyborg
Oct 16, 2013, 04:18 AM
I would take the signal strength indicator with a pinch of salt, it's not accurate at all! Upstairs I have always had 4 bars of signal on iOS 6 yet on iOS 7 I get 3.

When holding any other make phone all be it android I get full bars.

I also noticed if I go from a poor signal to great signal areas while the phone is locked the signal strength shows the level of service at the point it last locked. Unlock the phone and it then shows the signal level as it is there and then.

I am on 3 uk network.

bransoj
Oct 16, 2013, 04:27 AM
Hi

Is it worth checking with 3 to make sure nothing is happening in terms of work or issues with the transmitter in your area?

Gav2k
Oct 16, 2013, 04:43 AM
No issues during beta or gm for me but I've done clean installs except gm to 7.0.2

rdy0329
Oct 16, 2013, 05:15 AM
It's just a signal indicator. Most likely they tweaked how the system interprets the real signal strength to be more conservative. I.e. When you get 4 bars at -92dBm previously, the iOS7 file interprets that it's only 3 bars and shows 3 bars. Nothing to worry about it's all psychological.

John T
Oct 16, 2013, 05:21 AM
As has already been said, the so-called signal strength indicator is pretty basic and can hardly be referred to as accurate.

In any case, does it really matter how much "signal" is indicated? Surely, the important thing is that the 'phone is operating correctly.

Splitting
Oct 16, 2013, 04:25 PM
I'm on 3 in Lancashire. Absolutely no difference on ios7 for me in indicated signal strength.

Carl Sagan
Oct 16, 2013, 04:30 PM
I've noticed it's worse since getting the 5S. Was on three for two years Witt my 4S and getting two or three dots/bars more than I do now in exactly the same places...

Carlanga
Oct 16, 2013, 04:38 PM
Interesting, I guess you can make sure and restore as NEW and test signal, then load a backup

bbfc
Oct 16, 2013, 04:54 PM
I'm on 3 in Lancashire. Absolutely no difference on ios7 for me in indicated signal strength.

I'm on 3 in Newcastle and I haven't experienced any drops in reception. Pretty much 5 bars of 3G most times.

Max(IT)
Oct 16, 2013, 11:32 PM
I'm on 3 in Newcastle and I haven't experienced any drops in reception. Pretty much 5 bars of 3G most times.

It's not so hard to understand: if you are getting 5 bars the signal strength is very strong so you won't notice any different calibration on signal indicator of iOS 7.
To see the difference, if there is a difference, you should move to a place when you used to have 3 bars and check the new indication after iOS 7 upgrade .