PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] AirDrop on iPhone 5 Not Working

Mturner04
Sep 20, 2013, 06:12 PM
I have two iPhone 5s and with WiFi and bluetooth turned on and AirDrop set to "Everyone" or "Contacts Only" neither connects. All I see when trying to share a photo in the space where I should see the other iphone is the AirDrop note saying "AirDrop: Share instantly with people nearby. If they do not appear..."

I know other people have had this problem, but I have heard this feature is working for some. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work? Please note for those reading this thread that AirDrop DOES NOT WORK FOR IPHONE 4S OR LOWER. Any help in troubleshooting Airdrop on the iphone 5 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TommyA6
Sep 20, 2013, 06:41 PM
I have two iPhone 5s and with WiFi and bluetooth turned on and AirDrop set to "Everyone" or "Contacts Only" neither connects. All I see when trying to share a photo in the space where I should see the other iphone is the AirDrop note saying "AirDrop: Share instantly with people nearby. If they do not appear..."

I know other people have had this problem, but I have heard this feature is working for some. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work? Please note for those reading this thread that AirDrop DOES NOT WORK FOR IPHONE 4S OR LOWER. Any help in troubleshooting Airdrop on the iphone 5 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I've tried it and it works perfectly. Have you tried doing a hard reset or resetting network settings.