PDA

View Full Version : Battery and iPhone 5

dmylrea
Sep 20, 2013, 06:16 PM
(I saw the battery/4S thread, but didn't see one for the 5).

Noticing, like others, that my iPhone 5 doesn't have the stamina it once did now that I replaced iOS6 with iOS7.

As a matter of fact, when I was driving for about 30 minutes today, iPhone 5 plugged into my car stereo and charging, I noticed when I got home that it didn't gain a single percent charge, even though it showed charging.

Reminds me of my iPad 3 that when it use, sucks up so much juice that the charger can't keep up and the device literally stays fixed or loses battery when used and plugged in.

As i drive a lot for my job, I've always used those opportunities to "top off" my iphone but now it seems it doesnt gain anything.

MarcusCarpenter
Sep 20, 2013, 06:27 PM
There has been thousands of iPhone 5 threads, the 5th iPhone has the worst battery life of all on iOS7, which will be fixed soon mid-october maybe ?
iOS 7.0.2 and will still have bugs till 7.1.x

azing
Sep 20, 2013, 06:29 PM
I was noticing pretty terrible battery life. After switching off background app refresh and frequent locations, as well as turning reduced motion on, I've noticed a big improvement. That's what works for me anyway :)

dmylrea
Sep 20, 2013, 06:34 PM
There has been thousands of iPhone 5 threads, the 5th iPhone has the worst battery life of all on iOS7, which will be fixed soon mid-october maybe ?
iOS 7.0.2 and will still have bugs till 7.1.x

Let me guess...you're a psychic?

MykullMyerz
Sep 20, 2013, 06:44 PM
I'm having the same issue. I never have to charge my iPhone after a full day's use but today I had to for the first time.

MarcusCarpenter
Sep 20, 2013, 07:14 PM
Let me guess...you're a psychic?

That's why I said " maybe with a "?" "
Please