PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else find the new scrubber on the music player to be... Horrible?

XciteMePls
Sep 20, 2013, 07:00 PM
The scrubber before was a small yet easily touchable knob... I can't be the only one who finds controlling a tiny little narrow slit to be lame and much harder to use. Half the time I can't even move it.

More and more I'm starting to dislike iOS 7.

fmalloy
Sep 20, 2013, 08:14 PM
The scrubber before was a small yet easily touchable knob... I can't be the only one who finds controlling a tiny little narrow slit to be lame and much harder to use. Half the time I can't even move it.
Yep, thanks to the "much improved" and "modern" UI design pushing thin, minimalist "stripping of ornamentation".

The problem is, they've stripped a lot of the ease-of-use along with it.

But, it's touted as being such an improved design...

ReanimationN
Sep 20, 2013, 10:12 PM

More and more I'm starting to dislike iOS 7.

Yep, I never liked it on my girlfriend's iPad in iOS 6 and I hate that it has made it over to the iPhone in iOS 7. Another dumb change.

thekb
Sep 20, 2013, 10:20 PM
I would much prefer larger, easier to use controls to the album art taking up most of the screen. Or better yet, have the album art cover the whole screen, then with a tap activate full-screen controls with nice big handles and buttons.

XciteMePls
Sep 20, 2013, 11:28 PM
Yep, thanks to the "much improved" and "modern" UI design pushing thin, minimalist "stripping of ornamentation".

The problem is, they've stripped a lot of the ease-of-use along with it.

But, it's touted as being such an improved design...

I agree

dannyyankou
Sep 20, 2013, 11:29 PM
I don't have a problem with it in the music app. But it's frustrating to use in the lockscreen on my 4s.

Broph
Sep 21, 2013, 01:11 AM
Yep. Noticed it today. Tried using it on the lock screen which took several attempts.

djtech42
Sep 21, 2013, 01:15 AM
Yep. Noticed it today. Tried using it on the lock screen which took several attempts.

Yeah, it seems worse on the lock screen