PDA

View Full Version : Clear AppStore apps in updates tab

DreLamar
Sep 20, 2013, 08:16 PM
How to remove updated apps from updates list in AppStore ? ios7

marksman
Sep 20, 2013, 08:19 PM
The list has changed. The top of the list are apps needing updates. Below that is a history of what apps were updated and when. It can't be cleared.

DreLamar
Sep 20, 2013, 08:22 PM
I know but I cannot clear my updated apps

normwood
Sep 20, 2013, 08:22 PM
i'm with the OP. This is really annoying. Make them disappear after they have been updated.

Steve

djtech42
Sep 20, 2013, 08:55 PM
I think they disappear after a week

hackhelpless
Sep 20, 2013, 09:19 PM
Sometimes I open the App Store and it's only ones I've updated, sometimes it's only the ones that are available for update. I have to close and open the app for it to change what it's showing. What's the deal!?

hackhelpless
Sep 21, 2013, 10:00 AM
Sometimes I open the App Store and it's only ones I've updated, sometimes it's only the ones that are available for update. I have to close and open the app for it to change what it's showing. What's the deal!?

Ok both updated and updates available are showing up now. Weird. Still think there is a bug though that doesn't let you click on the app icon and see the app's page in the App Store (so you can quickly see the reviews for the latest upgrade).

nheilweil
Sep 21, 2013, 11:48 AM
How to remove updated apps from updates list in AppStore ? ios7

Why would you want to do that? Seems like such a minor thing. The history can serve as useful info if you discover that something weird starts happening on your phone like intense battery drain. You can go back and review what's changed.

Djs621
Sep 21, 2013, 11:59 AM
It's incredibly annoying and disorganized looking I don't find it useful at all.

Badrottie
Sep 21, 2013, 11:20 PM
I agreed it is annoying already!! :apple:

ritmomundo
Sep 21, 2013, 11:44 PM
I agree, it looks disorganized, but there is a reason behind it. iOS 7 automatically updates apps in the background without any user input needed. So the apps stay on the list so you can see what updated automatically. If the apps disappeared instantly, you'd never know.

schlotti
Sep 22, 2013, 02:28 AM
Hi, I am actually also annoyed by the list of completed updates. I agree that the information is valuable in case of automatic updates, but the user should be able to either mark them "read" so that they disappear.
I also realised that I have quite a lot of connection error messages with the app store or itunes since the release of iOS7. E.g. searching for an app is not working or when trying to download the latest version of a magazine for newsstand it says "no connection". After several times trying it will eventually work. Could this still be a "side-effect" of the entire world trying to download iOS7 and Apple's servers are too busy? Thanks.

whsbuss
Sep 22, 2013, 08:29 AM
I have a different issue. My updates screen is totally clean, nothing listed. However each morning since the ios7 update I get a badge with 2 updates but when I open the update screen, there's nothing listed for update and the badge clears out.

Strange!

hipnetic
Sep 22, 2013, 08:36 AM
Yeah the badge thing definitely seems like a bug that I've experienced as well.

As for the list of apps that have already been updated, I can appreciate seeing that info, but it should be put on a separate page (title it "Recently updated apps") or something like that.

On a related note, I don't like the icon the new "updating" icon. Very cryptic and confusing as to what it's actually doing. When the download is complete but it's doing some additional install steps. That icon, and the icons on the bottom menu bar of Safari, look like they were designed to be understood by an alien race.

Zerozal
Sep 22, 2013, 09:11 AM
I agree that this new feature is a bit annoying. To make things more confusing, it seems that apps updated via the phone show up on this list, but apps updated via iTunes then synced to the phone do not show up here.

I also seem to be experiencing a bug where apps that have been updated are staying in the list called "Available Updates" and never actually move to the "Updated" list--quite a mess. See attached screen shot.

apple-cs
Sep 22, 2013, 09:13 AM
the list has changed. The top of the list are apps needing updates. Below that is a history of what apps were updated and when. It can't be cleared.

😔