PDA

View Full Version : When will Apple update its App Store Apps?

AppleNewsTech
Sep 20, 2013, 09:12 PM
Just like the title says, when do you guys think Apple will update the apps that it has on the App Store (iBooks, Pages, Keynote, Etc.). Yes, the Apple Store app was updated in addition to airport utility, but why not the other apps? Do you guys think they just haven't finished them yet, or are waiting to show them off at the iPad event in October. It makes sense to show off completely redesigned apps to show how the iPad 5/ iPad mini 2 are used for not only consuming content, but producing it as we'll.

Feedback?

djtech42
Sep 20, 2013, 09:27 PM
Just like the title says, when do you guys think Apple will update the apps that it has on the App Store (iBooks, Pages, Keynote, Etc.). Yes, the Apple Store app was updated in addition to airport utility, but why not the other apps? Do you guys think they just haven't finished them yet, or are waiting to show them off at the iPad event in October. It makes sense to show off completely redesigned apps to show how the iPad 5/ iPad mini 2 are used for not only consuming content, but producing it as we'll.

Feedback?

I predict the iPad event because the apps you mentioned, iBooks, Pages, and Keynote, are a lot more suited for the iPad and would be a great display of why the iOS 7 redesign is good specifically for the iPad.

palmerc2
Sep 20, 2013, 11:34 PM
I remember when the iPhone 4 came out, they didn't update their Remote app for 6 months in order to fit the new retina high resolution display. Made me scratch my head.

Even right now I check, there's no update for the Remote app to fit the look of iOS7. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another 6 months, heh.

rtomyj
Sep 20, 2013, 11:39 PM
I remember when the iPhone 4 came out, they didn't update their Remote app for 6 months in order to fit the new retina high resolution display. Made me scratch my head.

Even right now I check, there's no update for the Remote app to fit the look of iOS7. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another 6 months, heh.

To be fair Remote didn't really need a retina update. I mean, you glance at it pick a song and move on. It is odd though.

On topic, iPad event. I'm asumming they had devs stretched thin to prepare iOS 7 and the apps that haven't been updated yet are gonna have some new features. So far, the ones who got updated don't have any new features, that I'm aware of...

palmerc2
Sep 20, 2013, 11:43 PM
To be fair Remote didn't really need a retina update. I mean, you glance at it pick a song and move on. It is odd though.

On topic, iPad event. I'm asumming they had devs stretched thin to prepare iOS 7 and the apps that haven't been updated yet are gonna have some new features. So far, the ones who got updated don't have any new features, that I'm aware of...

I agree, I'm not a whiner and I didn't complain. Just looked goofy being pixelated, especially when Apple was pushing their whole Retina stuff. I guess my point is it could be some time until Apple updates their App Store Apps to be optimized for iOS7.

rtomyj
Sep 20, 2013, 11:52 PM
I agree, I'm not a whiner and I didn't complain. Just looked goofy being pixelated, especially when Apple was pushing their whole Retina stuff. I guess my point is it could be some time until Apple updates their App Store Apps to be optimized for iOS7.

True Apple is weird at times. It took them a while to update the Apple Store app for iPhone 5 4" screen.