PDA

View Full Version : Wake Fade In

mizelly41
Sep 20, 2013, 09:36 PM
One thing I hate about iOS7 is the time it takes for everything to show up when waking the device. Many times I pull out my phone to just glance at the lock screen for time, notifications, or battery level left.

In iOS7, the lock screen fades in when pressing the wake button. At first, just the clock comes in, then the top bar after that. I wish this was like it was before, everything instantly comes up.

kre62
Sep 20, 2013, 09:40 PM
Right there with you, I miss the Instant On effect of iOS6. I think the first iOS7 JB tweak should bring this back. That and speed up all the other animations.

LizKat
Sep 20, 2013, 09:45 PM
I dunno. I have 5c w/ i0S7.0.1 and was playing music on the thing when I read your post. I hit the power button on the phone to shut the display, then hit the home button and the album page of iTunes came up instantly on the lockscreen. After sliding in, then I dismissed the music app, shut the display again, waiting a couple minutes, then when I next hit home button to wake it, seemed like the lockscreen came up intact immediately. Maybe something in my settings is different. I don't have Dynamic wallpapers on...

mizelly41
Sep 20, 2013, 09:53 PM
I dunno. I have 5c w/ i0S7.0.1 and was playing music on the thing when I read your post. I hit the power button on the phone to shut the display, then hit the home button and the album page of iTunes came up instantly on the lockscreen. After sliding in, then I dismissed the music app, shut the display again, waiting a couple minutes, then when I next hit home button to wake it, seemed like the lockscreen came up intact immediately. Maybe something in my settings is different. I don't have Dynamic wallpapers on...

Interesting. I wonder if it is different on the new iPhones (5S,5C). I am still on 4S (waiting for my 5S to ship).

I am not using dynamic wallpaper and I have turned on 'Reduce Motion' in the Accessibility settings. Didn't seem to affect it at all.

kre62
Sep 20, 2013, 10:04 PM
I have a 5S and the fade in is still there for sure

ReanimationN
Sep 20, 2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I hate this. It's pointless eye candy that hampers day-to-day use. An incredibly stupid change.

Eric374
Sep 20, 2013, 10:15 PM
I predict Fakeclockup to be the most downloaded jailbreak tweak as soon as iOS 7 is jailbroken.

!GS51!
Sep 21, 2013, 12:28 PM
I predict Fakeclockup to be the most downloaded jailbreak tweak as soon as iOS 7 is jailbroken.

This. :p

DirtySocks85
Sep 21, 2013, 05:29 PM
I just tested this (since I hadn't really noticed it very much), the time comes up immediately, this is what most people tend to be looking for if they want quick info. The rest fades in with a total animation time of maybe 0.5 seconds for me. Not a big deal personally. Personally, I find it to be rather pleasant.

darngooddesign
Sep 21, 2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I hate this. It's pointless eye candy that hampers day-to-day use. An incredibly stupid change.

That's subjective. I like the fade in and it doesn't bother me. The total animation takes a little longer but the time appears very quickly. But I suppose a toggle would be good for people who feel the animations are wasting their time.

cyks
Sep 21, 2013, 05:58 PM
One thing I hate about iOS7 is the time it takes for everything to show up when waking the device. Many times I pull out my phone to just glance at the lock screen for time, notifications, or battery level left.

Luckily, your head/ eyes don't have to move when your hand does.

Until there's a fix (if ever), you'll have to get used to taking your phone out, pressing the home/ lock button, and waiting half a second before looking down.

I wouldn't say it's a big deal, but it is annoying that you can no longer do it in one quick motion/ glance.

djtech42
Sep 21, 2013, 07:24 PM
Seriously? Of all the things people could complain about, THIS? It takes freaking 0.5 seconds...

It looks a lot better than just instantly lighting up. It's nice at night because you're not blinded if you left the brightness a little too high. When they were testing it in the iOS 6 betas, I was hoping it would make it into iOS 6 but it never did. Glad it is in iOS 7. It's a nice touch to an operating system based on animation and motion. (The animations aren't as slow as people are making them out to be, people are overreacting)